ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Deion Sanders new Head Coach at Jackson State?
MatriculatingHank 03:10 PM 09-17-2020
https://footballscoop.com/news/updat...jackson-state/

Jackson State is closing in on a hire, and sources continue to indicate that Deion Sanders has been the target of Jackson State’s search to become the Tigers’ next head coach.

FootballScoop first reported on Sanders’ candidacy late last month. Local reporters confirmed representatives of JSU had met with Sanders; but subsequently denied that Sanders was truly a candidate to the local newspaper. Sanders recently left NFL Network for Barstool Sports and is active on Twitter, and — unless we’ve missed it — thus far has not addressed the report.

As we wrote when we broke the news that JSU was making a head coaching change, sources told us Jackson State offensive coordinator TC Taylor, one of two coaches retained from the previous staff, is the other real candidate for the position.

Sources tell FootballScoop Jackson State would like to announce their new football coach next week.

Though he has no college coaching experience, Sanders has remained steadfast he will be a college head coach sooner than later.

“I’m going to be a head coach in college football next year,” he said in a live appearance on Dan Patrick’s radio show at the Super Bowl in January. “I’m that definite. I’m that assured that I am.”

The Pro and College Football Hall of Famer is currently the offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian High School in suburban Dallas, where his youngest son Shedeur is a senior quarterback. Jackson State is not playing this fall and will instead compete in the spring alongside the rest of the SWAC.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:14 PM 09-20-2022
Could he be the new head coach at Auburn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:16 PM 09-20-2022
seen a lot of his clips on twitter

deion is a damn good head coach

if he replaced andy in five years, i wouldn't complain
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:16 PM 09-20-2022
I think Deion is a pretty smart guy, but I sure don't see him having a coaching mindset or personality. I guess we'll find out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:24 PM 09-20-2022
Deion is pretty devoted to his work with HBCUs, and it wouldn't surprise me if he turns down a bunch of high-profile offers and stays there.

Just because fans/media clamor for a guy to do something doesn't mean there's actually any interest on his part to move to a different job.

That being said... money still talks. But I don't know if he's interested in staying at college. He might want a pro job.
[Reply]
irafreak 01:31 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
seen a lot of his clips on twitter

deion is a damn good head coach

if he replaced andy in five years, i wouldn't complain
Hmmm. Would he go by Leon sandcastle?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:36 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Hmmm. Would he go by Leon sandcastle?
i'm sure it would be a goofy part of his tenure here

and if the chiefs suck, primetime & showtime would be must-see TV anyway
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:49 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Deion is pretty devoted to his work with HBCUs, and it wouldn't surprise me if he turns down a bunch of high-profile offers and stays there.

Just because fans/media clamor for a guy to do something doesn't mean there's actually any interest on his part to move to a different job.

That being said... money still talks. But I don't know if he's interested in staying at college. He might want a pro job.
I could see him going to his alma mater, Florida State if that HC job became available.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:49 PM 09-20-2022
Deion is borderline reeruned, keep him away from One Arrowhead Drive.
[Reply]
Up