ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the Chiefs sign a RB
Mecca 03:22 PM 09-14-2020
Supposedly they wanted Peterson but only after week 1...about all that's left is Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller, so does it happen?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're taking a step back in our running game for sure if CEH goes down. That's a given. It's probably not going to be as effective as it was with Damien Williams in the playoffs, either.

But still... I will never doubt Andy Reid's ability to turn chicken poop into chicken salad. Again, we all thought we were screwed when Charles went down and some douche named Spencer Ware came in. Or when the Kareem Hunt stuff exploded and we had to hand the ball off to some rando named Damien Williams that we plucked off the street in training camp, who had to compete with 3 or 4 other RBs for just the third string spot.

No, it wasn't always pretty, but we managed to usually hold the line with a "just good enough" running game. And in the playoffs, it turns out it was actually quite efficient.
Is Washington worse than West? I really don't think he is. And West was pretty productive in 2015.

Reid will get some productivity out of whoever. But yeah - lets hope it doesn't come to that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Happens w/ some frequency.

There's a difference between a complementary backup and a replacement starter. Think of Williams as being in a relief pitcher's role. If a starting pitcher goes down, you don't just take your 7th inning guy and tell him to give you 5 innings.

You go to the minors and get the guy who wasn't good enough to crack the starting rotation and call him up when a starting pitcher goes down.

I think Williams is a complementary player for CEH. Thompson is a guy who Toub really likes on STs. I think the 'backup starter' possibility is the reason they bothered to put Washington on the practice squad. If they really thought of him as a flat out worse player than Darwin, I don't think they even PS him.

He just doesn't have a good fit on the gameday 50 man, IMO. But if CEH went down, he'd slot better into the #1 role than either Williams or Thompson would.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:06 AM 09-17-2020
Yeah, the Love thing is weird. 3 weeks before the season started he was getting a look with the 1s. Then suddenly he was possibly not going to make the roster.

Makes me wonder if he's not quite healthy yet.
Maybe, or maybe it's that they just made a big investment in Gibson, too, and they have similar skillsets. Barber is more complementary to Gibson's skillset than Love.

I don't see much utility in keeping both Love and Gibson active if I'm Washington.

Could be a real steal. If you're confident he is healthy it's a cheap add that potentially is an enormous upgrade.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 09-17-2020
Two firsts to the Saints for Kamara. Do it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Two firsts to the Saints for Kamara. Do it.
You’re just trolling DJLN aren’t you?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:57 AM 09-17-2020
Washington, OTOH, doesn't know the system as well
Washington spent two full seasons in Oakland with Jon Gruden, who also runs the WCO, albeit differently than Andy.

If they're keeping him on the PS because he doesn't know the system, well, that doesn't bode well for him on the 53.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:04 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Maybe, or maybe it's that they just made a big investment in Gibson, too, and they have similar skillsets. Barber is more complementary to Gibson's skillset than Love.

I don't see much utility in keeping both Love and Gibson active if I'm Washington.

Could be a real steal. If you're confident he is healthy it's a cheap add that potentially is an enormous upgrade.
Andy's relationship with Ron Rivera would most certainly be a factor and I'd expect there to be very little in the way of draft compensation for Love.

Love is a 4.4 guy, too, which would definitely give him the leg up on Darwin's 4.55 or Darrel Williams 4.72.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:18 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Andy's relationship with Ron Rivera would most certainly be a factor and I'd expect there to be very little in the way of draft compensation for Love.

Love is a 4.4 guy, too, which would definitely give him the leg up on Darwin's 4.55 or Darrel Williams 4.72.
Yeah, a 6th or a 7th if you're confident he's healthy seems like a no-brainer to me. (And I think he was mid 4.3s when timed at Stanford before the knee injury...)

He's also a really high IQ guy, so I think he would work like CEH to pick up the playbook and be up-to-speed quickly.

Could be a cheap, dynamic option to replace some of the playmaking you lose with Watkins over the next two years. Would also create a lot of formation versatility ... put Love and CEH on the field at the same time and split one or both out in the slot, etc.

You could really mess with defenses and create matchups...

All comes back to IF Love has recovered from the ACL completely. Seems like he probably has...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 09-17-2020
All comes back to IF Love has recovered from the ACL completely. Seems like he probably has...
He's in his second year in a WCO so he'd likely be up to speed very quickly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 09-17-2020
Yeah, a 6th or a 7th if you're confident he's healthy seems like a no-brainer to me. (And I think he was mid 4.3s when timed at Stanford before the knee injury...)

He's also a really high IQ guy, so I think he would work like CEH to pick up the playbook and be up-to-speed quickly.

Could be a cheap, dynamic option to replace some of the playmaking you lose with Watkins over the next two years. Would also create a lot of formation versatility ... put Love and CEH on the field at the same time and split one or both out in the slot, etc.

You could really mess with defenses and create matchups...

And Love is right in Veach's 'depreciated asset' wheelhouse. He's a 1st rounder if he comes out in 2019 in all likelihood; maybe the first RB taken.

Yeah, he's a really nice fit. But for the same reasons you wonder if he's not a guy Washington's just stashing for now. And ultimately I think Gibson is more of a 3rd down/gadget player than he is a 15-20 carry/gm back. If you're Washington, why would you move Love for a 6th if you think he and Gibson could be a dynamic backfield pairing in 2021?

I'm absolutely on board w/ acquiring him (hell, I have the guy on all my stupid FFB teams and he doesn't have a role at all right now) - but I think the same things that make us want to get him are things that may make Washington happy to keep him. Especially when there's just no way to know how Gibson will hold up to a meaningful workload at RB.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 09-17-2020
And Love is right in Veach's 'depreciated asset' wheelhouse. He's a 1st rounder if he comes out in 2019 in all likelihood; maybe the first RB taken.
I feel bad for some of these kids that opt to stay in school a year longer, only to suffer an injury that makes their draft stock slide and his Love's case, big time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I feel bad for some of these kids that opt to stay in school a year longer, only to suffer an injury that makes their draft stock slide and his Love's case, big time.
I would never advise a kid who has a shot at being taken in the first 2 rounds to stay.

And for Love to stay when he was likely a 1st rounder....ugh.

College football fans love beating off to guys who come back because of 'unfinished business' or some shit and hold them up as some higher form of moral, upstanding athlete.

But man, for a great deal many of these kids, they're risking WAY too much by doing that. Those girls that go to college to get their M.R.S. degrees and end up engaged to an ascending med student - they don't say "nah, I'm gonna go ahead and finish my communications degree while you do your first year in NY...."

They KNOW better. They got what they came for - if they want the degree, they'll get it later. They cling onto that ring like grim death because their work here is done.

So when the vapid sorority future housewife set is keeping their eyes on the ball better than you are...well you're doing it wrong.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up