ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 53
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If Hardman wasn't in the KC offense he would really kind of struggle. There cannot be a better offense suited for him than this one. As I said the day he was drafted and took heat for it, hes an athlete that plays football not a football player thats an athlete.
Ok.

What’s DK metcalf?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:58 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I never blamed Hardman on that ball. Mahomes should have hit him. But the difference between him taking advantage of kelce and Hill being double teamed isn't one play (which was a blown coverage anyway).
:-)
Sooo, Hardman should've demanded the ball more? He should've stomped right up to Mahomes and told him to throw the ball at him more often? Or maybe trotted up to Andy and grabbed him by the shirt and screamed that he needed more touches?
[Reply]
-King- 07:58 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you’re saying you wish our 2nd year 2nd round wr should be what? A legit #2 fringe number 1 guy at this point?

The other team gets paid to. There are probably what, 16 or so guys in the league that can get open consistently without scheme and help?

This seems a similar argument some probably have about their qb. “Look at what Mahomes is doing, why can’t we hold Watson to that standard” well, because the guy is on an insane level.

It’s the same with DK.

And that’s ok.
Yeah I think Hardman should be a legit #2 guy here. And I don't want to hear the "The number 2 in this offense had to be a certain type of guy etc..." because that means that Hardman will always be a #3 and we'll have to draft someone else to take Watkins at the 2 spot next year.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 PM 12-01-2020
If you dropped Hardman in the hill roll and gave him those targets, he wouldn’t be as good for sure. But he’d be super productive.

I’ve said all along he’s desean Jackson 2.0

Expecting him to be this well rounded wr at this point is setting yourself up to be disappointed
[Reply]
staylor26 07:59 PM 12-01-2020
I never blamed Hardman on that ball. Mahomes should have hit him. But the difference between him taking advantage of kelce and Hill being double teamed isn't one play (which was a blown coverage anyway).
Do you have any actual proof that he couldn’t get open? Again, he had just 5 targets and should have had over 100 yards and a TD if Mahomes throws a more accurate ball. He would’ve “shined” like you wanted/expected. How exactly is any of that Hardman’s fault? Again, just 80 career targets and damn near 1,000 yards and 7 TD’s. What more can you fucking expect?

Sounds like you’re just assuming he couldn’t get open because of the results in one game, which is fucking stupid considering the stats show getting open has never been the issue, it’s the lack of opportunities. You still don’t understand that it’s about a lack of those, not Hardman’s inability to make plays or get open.
[Reply]
-King- 07:59 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Sooo, Hardman should've demanded the ball more? He should've stomped right up to Mahomes and told him to throw the ball at him more often? Or maybe trotted up to Andy and grabbed him by the shirt and screamed that he needed more touches?
No he should get open more so that Andy rewards him by putting him in the offense more.
[Reply]
O.city 08:00 PM 12-01-2020
Yeah I think Hardman should be a legit #2 guy here. And I don't want to hear the "The number 2 in this offense had to be a certain type of guy etc..." because that means that Hardman will always be a #3 and we'll have to draft someone else to take Watkins at the 2 spot next year.
So you don’t want to hear ....the truth?

Look at Andy’s history as a coach. That’s the way his wrs have always been.

Sorry?
[Reply]
-King- 08:02 PM 12-01-2020
So you don’t want to hear ....the truth?

Look at Andy’s history as a coach. That’s the way his wrs have always been.

Sorry?
What do you mean?
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 PM 12-01-2020
We’ve got a first ballot hall of fame wr and a first ballot hall of fame tight end that are gonna gobble up targets

And we would rather give some of those to a 2nd year wr, who in his own right has been productive when given opportunities

I guess it’s manufacture argument day
[Reply]
-King- 08:05 PM 12-01-2020
We’ve got a first ballot hall of fame wr and a first ballot hall of fame tight end that are gonna gobble up targets

And we would rather give some of those to a 2nd year wr, who in his own right has been productive when given opportunities

I guess it’s manufacture argument day
You are right. You are manufacturing an argument. Cause that's the exact opposite of what I said. Kelce and Hill can still have theirs and Hardman can still have his. When Hill and Kelce are doubled, you don't think having someone who can punish the defense for that decision consistently would be useful?
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 PM 12-01-2020
What do you mean?
His x and z wrs have always been a bit different.

Desean and maclin. Pinkston and TO etc.

We have somewhat of an idea of what he wants in those spots.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:05 PM 12-01-2020
If you dropped Hardman in the hill roll and gave him those targets, he wouldn’t be as good for sure. But he’d be super productive.

I’ve said all along he’s desean Jackson 2.0

Expecting him to be this well rounded wr at this point is setting yourself up to be disappointed
Sucks that we took him instead of DK Metcalf then...
[Reply]
-King- 08:06 PM 12-01-2020
His x and z wrs have always been a bit different.

Desean and maclin. Pinkston and TO etc.

We have somewhat of an idea of what he wants in those spots.
So basically Hardman will always be a #3 receiver?
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 PM 12-01-2020
You are right. You are manufacturing an argument. Cause that's the exact opposite of what I said. Kelce and Hill can still have theirs and Hardman can still have his. When Hill and Kelce are doubled, you don't think having someone who can punish the defense for that decision consistently would be useful?
Yeah. We do and they have.

How many targets do you feel he should get per game?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:07 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sucks that we took him instead of DK Metcalf then...
It could be MUCH worse. See Paris Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, etc.

Again, Hardman has been an extremely productive/efficient player in his first 2 years and will only get better.

This place is so unbelievably miserable it’s fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 53
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up