ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 01:03 PM 03-19-2020
Where in/on an entertainment center do you put the new xbox? It's 6x6x12 and needs to be stood upright. I do like the appearance of it otherwise.

[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 02:56 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Where in/on an entertainment center do you put the new xbox? It's 6x6x12 and needs to be stood upright. I do like the appearance of it otherwise.

You can set it up horizontal.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:20 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:

It goes both ways.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/1...ertical-design
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:29 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
It goes both ways.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/1...ertical-design
just like me! oh wait
[Reply]
vailpass 01:19 PM 03-19-2020
The Verge does a pretty good job here...

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...s-release-date
[Reply]
lcarus 01:48 PM 03-19-2020
Im thinking about building a PC before I even consider getting a PS5. Ive been playing games lately that are clearly struggling on my PS4. Nioh 2 in "action mode" has good frame rate and poor resolution and "movie mode" has better resolution but looks like it runs 3 frames per second. Resident Evil 2 remake makes my system sound like a Harrier jet raping a garbage disposal with a weed eater watching while it jerks off.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:27 PM 03-19-2020
PS5 should be around 100x faster than PS4, so a lot of your issues may be solved from the get-go.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:28 PM 03-19-2020
Sure would be nice to have a PS5 right about now.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:29 AM 03-20-2020
i have an oculus
[Reply]
Jerm 07:59 AM 03-20-2020
The SSD in this is fucking bonkers....makes it worth buying alone.

That and the 3D Audio implementation, can't wait...
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 08:26 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The SSD in this is fucking bonkers....makes it worth buying alone.

I’m a little surprised no one seems to care about the audio deal. There’s huge room for improvement there. I’m really looking forward to the new virtual surround sound headphones.
[Reply]
Pants 07:19 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
virtual surround sound headphones.
Fake news. Look into it.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:08 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The SSD in this is ****ing bonkers....makes it worth buying alone.

It’s not the size, it’s the throughput (that’s what she said).

Storage is where the Xbox Series X and PS5 differ radically. Sony has created an impressive proprietary SSD solution that provides 825GB of storage and 5.5GB/s of performance. The Xbox Series X includes a custom 1TB NVME SSD, but its raw throughput is less than half at 2.4GB/s. That could mean load times differ massively between the PS5 and Xbox Series X, depending on what game developers optimize for.

Sony is also allowing PS5 owners to expand storage with regular NVMe PC drives, but there’s a slight caveat. We’re still waiting to see PCIe 4.0-based drives that will match the bandwidth of what Sony has implemented in the PS5, and compatibility could be complex given that Sony will need to validate that drives will be fast enough and compatible with the PS5.

Sony’s expansion does mean that PS5 owners should be able to pick up a fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive and increase the storage of the console with relative ease. Microsoft is using a proprietary expansion card format for the Xbox Series X, and it has partnered with Seagate to produce 1TB expansion cards for launch. We still don’t know the price of these proprietary cards, nor how much fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives will cost later this year.

Verge.com
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:12 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It’s not the size, it’s the throughput (that’s what she said).

Storage is where the Xbox Series X and PS5 differ radically. Sony has created an impressive proprietary SSD solution that provides 825GB of storage and 5.5GB/s of performance. The Xbox Series X includes a custom 1TB NVME SSD, but its raw throughput is less than half at 2.4GB/s. That could mean load times differ massively between the PS5 and Xbox Series X, depending on what game developers optimize for.

Sony is also allowing PS5 owners to expand storage with regular NVMe PC drives, but there’s a slight caveat. We’re still waiting to see PCIe 4.0-based drives that will match the bandwidth of what Sony has implemented in the PS5, and compatibility could be complex given that Sony will need to validate that drives will be fast enough and compatible with the PS5.

Sony’s expansion does mean that PS5 owners should be able to pick up a fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive and increase the storage of the console with relative ease. Microsoft is using a proprietary expansion card format for the Xbox Series X, and it has partnered with Seagate to produce 1TB expansion cards for launch. We still don’t know the price of these proprietary cards, nor how much fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives will cost later this year.

Verge.com
Didn't Sony get absolutely blasted for using proprietary memory for one of their systems? I remember people were furious about it. It doesn't seem like there's been a negative reaction to the Microsoft solution yet, but I guess they also haven't announced prices.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:24 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Didn't Sony get absolutely blasted for using proprietary memory for one of their systems? I remember people were furious about it. It doesn't seem like there's been a negative reaction to the Microsoft solution yet, but I guess they also haven't announced prices.
Maybe M$ partnering with Seagate to make 1TB cards as easy to buy as candy on Amazon overcomes the proprietary stigma.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up