Page 968 of 4892
« First < 468868918958964965966967968 9699709719729781018106814681968 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:56 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's the only reason they have not had a ton more sub 500 seasons. You realize that right?
Totally... it's all about the location. They have the 7th best win percentage all-time because of location. Denver loses most of their road games every year, right?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:56 AM 08-08-2017
Olandus Gary
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:57 AM 08-08-2017
I don't care to debate Davis... if people aren't bent out of shape about Warner, why care about Davis? It's too bad the injury shortened his career, Davis was great.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:57 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Totally... it's all about the location. They have the 7th best win percentage all-time because of location. Denver loses most of their road games every year, right?
So, that cheap air isn't an advantage? :-). There have been pretty good players that can't even play in the shit.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:59 AM 08-08-2017
I don't care to debate Davis... if people aren't bent out of shape about Warner, why care about Davis? It's too bad the injury shortened his career, Davis was great.

Running backs were always expendable under Shanahan.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:00 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
So, that cheap air isn't an advantage? :-). There have been pretty good players that can't even play in the shit.
I didn't say there wasn't an advantage... every home stadium has their advantage, whether it's design or temperature, etc. You want to talk like it's the only reason they win anything.

Do you whine and bitch about all other sports played there as well?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:01 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Running backs were always expendable under Shanahan.
Difference in expendable and Davis... Davis and Portis (years later) were the only two great RBs. The other guys had solid years, but were not the dominant consistent game changers Davis or Portis could be.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:02 AM 08-08-2017
I can't believe that MHM is so strongly denying the Pile high advantage. It's not disputable. Countless players can attest to it. Teams have to use oxygen bottles up there just to make it through the night. And look at the Schottenheimer teams. They dominated the AFC West every year, except at Pile high. The ONLY reason that he couldn't win in Dungver was the altitude. Yet MHM is here trying to deny that it has any effect. Please. SMH.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:05 AM 08-08-2017
Difference in expendable and Davis... Davis and Portis (years later) were the only two great RBs. The other guys had solid years, but were not the dominant consistent game changers Davis or Portis could be.

Nobody Mike Anderson rushed for over 1400 yards with a 5.0 ypc shortly after Elway left.

You didn't need an all-around running back to have success under Shanahan. That's why it's debate worthy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:28 AM 08-08-2017
I didn't say there wasn't an advantage... every home stadium has their advantage, whether it's design or temperature, etc. You want to talk like it's the only reason they win anything.

Do you whine and bitch about all other sports played there as well?
It is the only reason
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 AM 08-08-2017
Biff Assweiler and CJunk Anderson taking advantage of a worn out Patriots defense "earning" home field sure sounds like the stuff of legends to me. Your GM made a CAREER out of cheap 4th Q altitude aided wins as well.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:53 AM 08-08-2017
It is amazing they have ever lost one game at home
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:56 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I can't believe that MHM is so strongly denying the Pile high advantage. It's not disputable. Countless players can attest to it. Teams have to use oxygen bottles up there just to make it through the night. And look at the Schottenheimer teams. They dominated the AFC West every year, except at Pile high. The ONLY reason that he couldn't win in Dungver was the altitude. Yet MHM is here trying to deny that it has any effect. Please. SMH.
Marty was choking away big games at CLE to Denver... guess it was an altitude carryover?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:57 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Nobody Mike Anderson rushed for over 1400 yards with a 5.0 ypc shortly after Elway left.

You didn't need an all-around running back to have success under Shanahan. That's why it's debate worthy.
They definitely had a system that worked, but you can't genuinely compare Davis to the others.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:00 AM 08-08-2017
It is amazing they have ever lost one game at home
Keep playing the extreme there bud. You know that there are no absolutes. Good teams can still manage to beat an inferior team at Pile High. Just because the Donks have an unfair advantage doesn't mean that they will always win at home. The Chiefs have managed to win at Pile High the last 2 years because they are simply a far superior team and were able to overcome the high altitude. But if the Chiefs and Donks were closer to equal, the Donks would have managed to pull out the win simply on the altitude advantage. And BlackOp could be right about the teams being in better shape later in the season. I would be interested to see the stats on that. Does Dungver win more of their home games in the beginning of the season than they do in midseason? I don't know the answer to that. Maybe BlackOp can provide some statistics.
[Reply]
Page 968 of 4892
« First < 468868918958964965966967968 9699709719729781018106814681968 > Last »
Up