ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs made a cool video about Stephone Paige's 300-yard day
Hammock Parties 11:42 AM 05-02-2024
Rare footage of Lamar and the greats Todd Blackledge and Bill Kenney :-)

[Reply]
|Zach| 12:05 PM 05-03-2024
Really cool to see football videos without them having shitty effects and needlessly being shoe horned into a Star Wars theme.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:06 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Flipper Anderson had 336 yards receiving in a game in 1989.
Norm Van Brocklin passed for 554 yards in a game in 1951.

I'm amazed these two records still stand in today's passing era.
I did not know about the 1951 one. That sounds insane I have to know more about this game. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:20 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I wanted to watch it, but every time I see anything with Paige, he just preaches about God over and over, and honestly, I don't need a single person in the entire world to tell me anything about their God, their religion, etc. No one. Just :-). If I wanted to hear a sermon, l would go to a church.

So, I skipped this.

How many times did he talk about God?
I get annoyed when people put religion into everything too, and you tell that Paige is religious. But the stuff he said in this video was done in a very friendly way that wasn't pushing it on anybody. He just seemed like a nice guy with his own beliefs.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:20 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I did not know about the 1951 one. That sounds insane I have to know more about this game. :-)
My understanding is that was the opening game of the season. Plus, he completed fewer than 30 passes that game.

It's a 73 year old passing record that has no business still being the record in today's pass happy league.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:21 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I'd like to read more about 1950s football. There was a short period of time where the offenses were just insane. I think the record in points per game in NFL history league wide is still from some year in the 1950s. I have no idea what rule might have prompted that or what system might have prompted that.
[Reply]
myselff77 03:08 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Flipper Anderson had 336 yards receiving in a game in 1989.
Norm Van Brocklin passed for 554 yards in a game in 1951.

I'm amazed these two records still stand in today's passing era.
It'll be pretty cool to see this record broken in the upcoming season.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up