ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Top 100 Players Premieres TODAY (8pm ET) on NFL Network
DTVietnam 08:15 AM 07-26-2020
He better be number 1

“Pat Mahomes… he’s just special.” ��

Find out where the Super Bowl MVP lands in the #NFLTop100

��: NFL Top 100 | Premieres TODAY (8pm ET) on NFL Network pic.twitter.com/xv4MC5fvGI

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) July 26, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:34 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's also likely that he missed a good chunk of the season. Depending on when the voting took place, his numbers probably didn't look great at the time.
Wasn't Manning high on the list one year when he didn't play at all? And it was justified that he was being cited as the Xth best player going into the season?

I just can't imagine that a majority of players in the league wouldn't say that Mahomes is the quarterback they''d most want on their team. I really want to see the scoring. I bet a couple of players completely omitted him because he embarrassed them with a great play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:36 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Easily the most inaccurate version of this list as a whole that I’ve seen. Gotta wonder if players are just not taking it seriously at all anymore.
People also need to understand that the Chiefs didn't play every team this season. I'm betting a lot of guys consider their team, their division, their conference, and then everyone else. We also know that not every player chooses to vote.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:36 PM 07-29-2020
If Lamar Jackson was down 24-0 in a playoff game against a QB as good as Deshaun Watson, would there be any chance, any prayer, that he could make the final score respectable, let alone come all the way back and win by 20?

Everyone knows the answer and it rhymes with row.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:37 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wasn't Manning high on the list one year when he didn't play at all? And it was justified that he was being cited as the Xth best player going into the season?

I just can't imagine that a majority of players in the league wouldn't say that Mahomes is the quarterback they''d most want on their team. I really want to see the scoring. I bet a couple of players completely omitted him because he embarrassed them with a great play.
Probably more than a couple.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:40 PM 07-29-2020
Gilmore was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He just cracked the Top 10 and was well behind fellow defensive player Aaron Donald.

That's just the way it goes.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 07:43 PM 07-29-2020
Any normally functioning human with more than a basic knowledge of football at this point should know Mahomes is the best QB in the league and perhaps ever.

Those who say otherwise either know something the rest of us don’t or have taken one too many hits to the head.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:44 PM 07-29-2020
Keep on giving Michael Jordan even more motivation to prove people wrong.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 07-29-2020
I really bet this is the result of a bad scoring system that lets one outlier decide the rankings.

If you have Mahomes voted on by 10 guys and they rank him

1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and a 20 because Mahomes embarrassed him.

and then you have Russell Wilson at

2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3 because he's inoffensive.

then Wilson ends up winning even though he's clearly not the #1 guy.

Meh, whatever. We'll take MVP and Super Bowl seasons and they can have their interns do bad math.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:48 PM 07-29-2020
:-)

This is literally the biggest joke I’ve ever seen
[Reply]
DRM08 07:48 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I really bet this is the result of a bad scoring system that lets one outlier decide the rankings.

If you have Mahomes voted on by 10 guys and they rank him

1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and a 20 because Mahomes embarrassed him.

and then you have Russell Wilson at

2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3 because he's inoffensive.

then Wilson ends up winning even though he's clearly not the #1 guy.

Meh, whatever. We'll take MVP and Super Bowl seasons and they can have their interns do bad math.
The voting likely occurred in November, so it does not factor in the incredible stuff Mahomes did in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:49 PM 07-29-2020
More motivation for Mahomes by not getting the respect he deserves.

Can't wait for the Chiefs to beat the Ravens again this year. Hate those punks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:49 PM 07-29-2020
I've got nothing against those other guys. Donald's a great defensive tackle. Wilson's a great quarterback. Jackson's a great running back. But none of those guys are even close to Patrick Mahomes II.
[Reply]
wazu 07:52 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The voting likely occurred in November, so it does not factor in the incredible stuff Mahomes did in the playoffs.
Why vote in November for a list that’s announced in next year’s training camp?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:52 PM 07-29-2020
It’s also becoming trendy to hate on Mahomes.

It is what it is. I know I shouldn’t take meaningless lists like this seriously, but it’s hard to be frustrated when our guy, who is far and away the best player in the league, doesn’t get the respect he deserves.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:54 PM 07-29-2020
Last year, Pat finished:

10th Yards
7th YPG
9th TDs
11th Completion %
7th Rating

I don't agree with the rating, but I can see where it might have developed.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up