« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN Playoff Machine
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 11-22-2020
It's back...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
[Reply]
Dante84 01:23 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I read somewhere that they will likely be doing in-market bubbles. i/e: all the Chiefs players and staff stay at a facility or hotel until they are eliminated.
Side note - something I've always wondered is why don't NFL teams have an Apartment building on-site?

It is a controlled environment, they could set up accommodations however they like with meeting rooms and what not.

Opposing teams could also stay on-site in a safe environment and not have to worry about hotel BS or randos sneaking in at night, pulling the fire alarm, etc...
[Reply]
Dante84 01:25 PM 12-08-2020
And is if on queue:

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith says they discussed the idea of “local bubbles” in the playoffs in a recent call with player reps, but no decision yet and it’ll be data-driven.

Background on the idea NFL officials have been discussing: https://t.co/yAg1TO3dbu

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) December 8, 2020

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:52 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Washington is playing better than the Raiders right now. If Alex Smith wasn't hurt earlier in the year, they likely win several more games. If not for the Jets' collapse, the Raiders are 6-6. The two teams are trending in opposite directions.
That's a stretch. The Raiders had one major dud, but have also looked very good at times.

Smith can barely complete a pass in that offense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:57 PM 12-08-2020
They gotta do whatever it takes to give the best chance of not losing players to COVID for the playoffs.

You don’t wanna be moving those games around, I’m not sure they even could.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That's a stretch. The Raiders had one major dud, but have also looked very good at times.

One major dud? Wouldn't both the Atlanta and New York games be major duds? Back-to-back weeks. They're trending down, especially from what I've seen of their defense.

Washington has won three in a row. The two games before the win streak, they lost by three points in each game. Here are Smith's passing stats the last five games:

325 yards vs. New York
390 yards vs. Detroit
166 yards vs. Cincinnati
149 yards vs. Dallas
296 yards vs. Pittsburgh

He's had some low yardage games, but also some impressive showings. They ran the ball well against Dallas and took advantage of turnovers. He didn't need to pass much. In fact, he threw only 51 passes combined in the wins against Dallas and Cincinnati. When he has thrown, I wouldn't say he's having trouble completing "a pass". He certainly wasn't having any trouble in the second half yesterday.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:10 PM 12-08-2020

Not really a stretch. Faiders sucked at Atlanta and got boat raced, and played poorly at the Jets and got bailed out by Gregg Williams.

Faiders are not playing well at all right now....they are having their "SuperBowl" hangover...Mahomes and Kelce broke them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:30 PM 12-08-2020

:-)

Smith had nearly 300 yards against the "vaunted" Pittsburgh defense.

The Raiders are paper tigers, as usual.
[Reply]
O.city 03:33 PM 12-08-2020
If the Bills beat the Steelers, the Chiefs basically can finish 14-2 and have the 1 seed as long as that loss is to the Saints.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:19 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the Bills beat the Steelers, the Chiefs basically can finish 14-2 and have the 1 seed as long as that loss is to the Saints.
correct
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:41 PM 12-08-2020
Or the Falcons.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:02 PM 12-08-2020
Or we could just win the next 4 in a row to close out the regular season then go 3-0 in the Playoffs and SB.

7-0 is doable/ :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:47 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Or we could just win the next 4 in a row to close out the regular season then go 3-0 in the Playoffs and SB.

7-0 is doable/ :-)
Would MUCH prefer to have the bye.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:59 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Would MUCH prefer to have the bye.
I'm always amazed that people don't see the value in the bye. Even if you think we're 70% likely to win every game (which is pretty generous in the playoffs), getting the bye instantly boosts our chances of winning the Super Bowl by 43%. That's huge (and the benefit only increases if you think we're less than 70% likely to win each game).
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm always amazed that people don't see the value in the bye. Even if you think we're 70% likely to win every game (which is pretty generous in the playoffs), getting the bye instantly boosts our chances of winning the Super Bowl by 43%. That's huge (and the benefit only increases if you think we're less than 70% likely to win each game).
60 more minutes of potential injuries too.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:05 PM 12-08-2020
Yep and a 2 seed totally different than last year because of the bye, we essentially became the defacto 1 seed after Baltimore lost.

This year home field is nearly worthless so ALL that counts in the bye.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up