ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2576 of 2693
« First < 1576207624762526256625722573257425752576 2577257825792580258626262676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BWillie 06:49 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Couldn't agree more with this take. Mahomes is best when he's confident and cocky. Hard to be when you have to throw footballs to to these shitheads.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:52 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Couldn't agree more with this take. Mahomes is best when he's confident and cocky. Hard to be when you have to throw footballs to to these shitheads.
And he still is top 3 in the NFL EPA and 4th in QBR.

But fans at CP now expect Mahomes to drag even guys that don't belong on an NFL field across the finish line.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
His arm has the power, but I don't think I'd say he has the most accurate deep ball. Maybe in 2018 when he was just slinging it every game. But more recently I've seen him miss on a few. And then of course, more recently a lot of those balls are dropped cause our WRs suck and can't come down with the damn thing.
Contrary to popular belief you don't need great arm strength to throw a good deep ball. Now deep out crossing routes are different but when you see good QBs hit WRs in stride over the shoulder its usually the right amount of touch and air under the ball. Mahomes usually tries to launch these a little too low. Its probably his worst part of his game is the over the shoulder deep throw. It isn't that hes bad at it but he's definitely not Top 5 at it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:54 PM 12-06-2023
Not if you are the GOAT... You can't throw bad picks on bad reads and not throw the ball to open guys if you think they will drop it. That is compounding the problem. I think the pressure and criticism is coming now and he needs to prove folks wrong. MJ always had to manufacture being slighted and this would ignite his will to win, Pat will now be doing the same with folks calling him out. That's why I have never given up that we still have a good chance to get back to the Super Bowl. If we get back and we are somewhat healthy, I wouldn't want to bet against Pat.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:56 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
And he still is top 3 in the NFL EPA and 4th in QBR.

But fans at CP now expect Mahomes to drag even guys that don't belong on an NFL field across the finish line.
We don't expect him to do anything but make good reads, hit open guys, and not throw brain dead picks on first down or in the redzone like he has lately...
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:01 PM 12-06-2023
I am suggesting you stop using last year as the way to build a SB team.

The teams that normally win Superbowls have multiple weapons all over the field.

This is where football is now.
But it WAS a Super Bowl team. And the best offense in the league.

You're pushing a narrative and ignoring realities.

The team doesn't need a fucking star. It needs production and it isn't happening. Same with Tyreeks last year here. He was a major goddamn star and his production was lackluster. 1300 yards and 13 TDs is better than anyone we have now, but not commensurate with his "star" status that he definitely is and definitely deserves.

Production. Not fucking Stars.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:19 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

The team doesn't need a ****ing star. It needs production and it isn't happening. Same with Tyreeks last year here. He was a major goddamn star and his production was lackluster. 1300 yards and 13 TDs is better than anyone we have now, but not commensurate with his "star" status that he definitely is and definitely deserves.

Production. Not ****ing Stars.

Again, you learned the absolutely wrong lessons from last year.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 07:22 PM 12-06-2023
We need these "speedsters" to just go deep every play. Throw it up and get the DPI. We never do this.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:24 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

The team doesn't need a ****ing star. It needs production and it isn't happening. Same with Tyreeks last year here. He was a major goddamn star and his production was lackluster. 1300 yards and 13 TDs is better than anyone we have now, but not commensurate with his "star" status that he definitely is and definitely deserves.

Production. Not ****ing Stars.
Is last year’s formula for success replicable without Kelce having a career year?
[Reply]
Pinchshot 07:26 PM 12-06-2023
I can always tell if it's gonna be a completion before he even throws it. You can see the confidence.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:30 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
We need these "speedsters" to just go deep every play. Throw it up and get the DPI. We never do this.
That works if they actually call DPI.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:31 PM 12-06-2023
Again, you learned the absolutely wrong lessons from last year.
Yep, the lesson of winning a Super Bowl sucks...:-) and the defeatist in here have already given up on this year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:36 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yep, the lesson of winning a Super Bowl sucks...:-) and the defeatist in here have already given up on this year.
Given it's so difficult to repeat as SB champs, it's just a weird thing around here that several Chiefs fans will be pulling receipts and "I told you so" and basically gloating about how they couldn't win it all this year, if it doesn't happen.

You should have been miserable all year, goddamnit, why didn't you listen.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:47 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Given it's so difficult to repeat as SB champs, it's just a weird thing around here that several Chiefs fans will be pulling receipts and "I told you so" and basically gloating about how they couldn't win it all this year, if it doesn't happen.

You should have been miserable all year, goddamnit, why didn't you listen.
Must be a defense mechanism to temper their disappointment. I don't get it. We are not getting blown out while making these mistakes, and come to playoffs we can beat anyone at home or on the road. Will we, not if we make mistakes and Mahomes remains hesitant, but it is ludicrous to lament that we should have kept Tyreek, that it was a mistake, even if we won the Superbowl last year, like we are out of the playoffs already... Just don't get it. I'm a fan of the Chiefs. While I am disappointed with players, I don't hate them and count the team out before the games have even been decided. It's just flat out weird. Pessimist vs. Optimist.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Is last year’s formula for success replicable without Kelce having a career year?
Uhhhh...Prolly? I mean we're obviously not, but look at the numbers. Through 12 games this year he has 813 yards and 5TDs. Through 12 games last year he had 968 yards and 12 TD. He doesn't have too many more yards last year, but the TDs are considerable. But those obviously include that ridiculous game against the Faid that he had 4 TDs and like 25 yards. So there is some noise in the data for sure.

So you can sure have an argument that Kelce's performance was materially better last year.

However, I'd point to the last 5 games in which he averaged 74 yards, 0 TD and we won all those games going into the playoffs.

So yeah, I think we can. I certainly don't think 160 yards, and 8 TDs is the diifference between the #1 offense that is a murdering bitches and whatever we are now.

So if Kelce isn't the difference, yeah, I think we CAN replicate the success with Kelce being a tick below all time numbers. But we sure aren't. Accordingly, I don't we'd be # 1 again with a "star" or in the case of your post, 150 yards and 8TD.
[Reply]
Page 2576 of 2693
« First < 1576207624762526256625722573257425752576 2577257825792580258626262676 > Last »
Up