ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 341
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:38 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Have you shot any of those Sig P938 or whatever the CCW 9mm is? Those look so nice but pricey.

My next gun will be the M&P 2.0 for duty use. The grip on it is incredible.
I did have them take a P938 out of the case for me today. While I liked the size, it was much heavier and far more expensive than the other guns I looked at. It also had a safety, which I don't really want on anything I'm carrying, especially something I'm not going to carry often.

Haven't seen the new M&P, but I did like the grip on the 9c I had.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:04 AM 06-19-2017
Well, CDNN is certainly fast. I ordered the Ruger last night, and I already got a FedEx notification this morning. My FFL guy should have it by Wednesday.

Hope he'll be around - I haven't even had a chance to call him yet. :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:06 AM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, CDNN is certainly fast. I ordered the Ruger last night, and I already got a FedEx notification this morning. My FFL guy should have it by Wednesday.

Hope he'll be around - I haven't even had a chance to call him yet. :-)
Good deal. If it were PSA, you'd see it in 2018.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 AM 06-19-2017
Good deal. If it were PSA, you'd see it in 2018.
:-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:18 AM 06-19-2017
One of my buddies ordered a complete lower from them. It took over two weeks for him to get it. It's 2017, it shouldn't take that long to get anything.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:14 PM 06-19-2017
Does anybody regularly ankle carry? Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.
I don't, just don't feel it really works there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:18 PM 06-19-2017
One of my buddies ordered a complete lower from them. It took over two weeks for him to get it. It's 2017, it shouldn't take that long to get anything.
:-) you worry WAY more than I do about that shit. But hey...You be you. No offense meant.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:26 PM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I don't, just don't feel it really works there.
I've watched a few videos on it. Apparently if you're carjacked, it's easier to draw from the ankle than the waste, especially if you have your seatbelt on. It also seems like it might be easier to hide your intentions if you're seated at a table as well - you can lift your leg up so that there's no arm movement that would make it obvious you were about to draw.

That being said, I doubt if I'll carry in this manner regularly. But it will be nice to have that option.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:32 PM 06-19-2017
I've watched a few videos on it. Apparently if you're carjacked, it's easier to draw from the ankle than the waste, especially if you have your seatbelt on. It also seems like it might be easier to hide your intentions if you're seated at a table as well - you can lift your leg up so that there's no arm movement that would make it obvious you were about to draw.

That being said, I doubt if I'll carry in this manner regularly. But it will be nice to have that option.
I recently bought a "car kit" for my carry gun from alien gear. Pretty neat little device - attaches directly to your lower dash and holds the gun in place. You can reach it in an instant.

FWIW - I also ran across the Trackline gun belt....Believe me, I have tried every gun belt on the damned market. The Trackline is an absolute WINNER!!
[Reply]
Frazod 06:40 PM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
I recently bought a "car kit" for my carry gun from alien gear. Pretty neat little device - attaches directly to your lower dash and holds the gun in place. You can reach it in an instant.

FWIW - I also ran across the Trackline gun belt....Believe me, I have tried every gun belt on the damned market. The Trackline is an absolute WINNER!!
I've thought about the car kit - my main reservation is whether or not it will be visible when I'm not in the car. My car is in a train station parking lot 11 hours a day while I'm 35 miles away. If anybody looking to break into a vehicle sees it, it would definitely give them added incentive to check mine if they thought a weapon might be stowed elsewhere.

And I don't remember where I got it, but I've got a really sturdy belt that I bought with carrying in mind. It's still in excellent shape.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:11 PM 06-19-2017
This is no fucking joke, if I'm in a place I think I may need a gun I keep it in my hand. Other than that I think I can deal.

But I also took a round through the bill of my cap recently.
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 PM 06-19-2017

But I also took a round through the bill of my cap recently.
Welp, we need to hear the story on this one. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:15 PM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Welp, we need to hear the story on this one. :-)
I'll tell it when I sit down at a computer.
[Reply]
notorious 07:18 PM 06-19-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:30 PM 06-19-2017
Hopefully it's good enough to get me off the hook for the refrigerator. :-)
[Reply]
Page 88 of 341
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up