ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:41 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't mind zarda but detest Q39 the atmosphere just bothers me. Oue is good but so many places in KC I would rather go.
Zarda brisket is shoe leather.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:45 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There is no way Jack Stack is better than Q39. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
Maybe their sides are better than Q39's?

That's about it...
[Reply]
srvy 10:49 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Zarda brisket is shoe leather.
Never had their brisket. Like others have said I can do ribs and brisket well enough on my own that I don't order it out. Mostly use as a lunch joint when working nearby. Sandwiches seem fine.
[Reply]
srvy 10:53 PM 05-11-2020
Like Jake or Danny Edwards BBQ Ill eat lunch don't even look at the menu. I am getting BBQ Beef on bun and fries they pile high. Tender delicious well smoked and they dont cheat you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:18 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I don't go after pork, but I do like a beef rib if they've got it because they're pricey and I never cook them myself. That and brisket or burnt ends or sausage.

When I smoke at home it's almost always pork or chicken of some kind. Gonna get brave and throw down on a brisket or two this summer though.
As good of stuff as you churn out, do it. Eating a brisket you popped out is immensely satisfying.

Some dudes won’t do it because the bark isn’t as good, but I’m a chicken shit so I leave it on for 2-4 and foil that thing, run it to 200, let it rest for a good hour, shred it, get fatter. Goddamn I love brisket.

You’re good for it. Hell if you don’t want to mind the coals You can probably finish it in the oven.

Just do it. Brisket is so goddamned good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:21 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Maybe their sides are better than Q39's?

That's about it...
I always hit Jack Stack when I’m there. I’m a fan. But let’s be real here. Choosing Jack Stack or Q39 is like choosing to bang Kate Upton or Sara Underwood. There isn’t a wrong answer.

But give me Jack Stack sausage. That shit is the cure.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:23 AM 05-12-2020
I always liked Wabash; was a perfect place to stop for lunch on a motorcycle ride. I've only had a sandwich or two of theirs, but I thought it was good . It's been probably 2 or 3 years since i"ve been there - I need to get back.

I've been to Gates probably 3 times in 15 years, and i thoguht it sucked each time. there's one close to where I work, and some out of town co-workers came in and invited me to lunch;...naturally, we end up at Gates a few months back. I thought it was average....and that's being more than generous. Time before that was probably 2010 or so, on a whim on the way back from a Royals game with the WIfe. SUcked. and Finally , the time before that was probably 2006 or so.

I dont know that it is about it; or if it's a mental thing for me. I just don't think it's very good at all; it's never ever at the forefront when we want / go to get BBQ. Not even in my top 10.
[Reply]
burt 11:07 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I always hit Jack Stack when I’m there. I’m a fan. But let’s be real here. Choosing Jack Stack or Q39 is like choosing to bang Kate Upton or Sara Underwood. There isn’t a wrong answer.

But give me Jack Stack sausage. That shit is the cure.
Since you made the Upton/Underwood comparison....I naturally read the last line, "I'll give Jack Stack the sausage...":-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:16 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Since you made the Upton/Underwood comparison....I naturally read the last line, "I'll give Jack Stack the sausage...":-)
I read it as "give me Jack's stacked sausage..."
[Reply]
burt 11:22 AM 05-12-2020
Just like everyone else...I have my favorites. But this is KC!! (Say it like "THIS IS SPARTA!") I'd enjoy bbq just about any of the mentioned places. Except Zarda.

Take note restaurant peeps. I had lunch @ Zarda about 20 years ago. The meat was room temp at best. That said to me....not fresh. Soooo, for 20 years I havn't stepped foot in there. Serve a good product.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:39 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I don’t know that it’s the best in KC or whatever, but no sane person thinks Q39 is trash. It’s fine it you prefer the gas station/ Gates style restaurant; I’ve got no beef with that. But Q39 is objectively good BBQ based on the fact that they having a booming restaurant business with rabid fans.

Had this the other night & it was fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:00 PM 10-30-2021
Anyone tried Harp? The stuff he posts on FB looks amazing
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:05 PM 09-05-2023
Seeing a few visiting KC posts about hotels, transportation and such and had my own question so bumping this as a potential useful resource

What's the word on Chef J BBQ in the Bottoms (West not Billay)?

I'm coming in for the week 3 Bears game and want to try someplace new to me

Any CPers been?

https://chefjbbq.com/
[Reply]
DementedLogic 04:11 PM 09-05-2023
Came home to KC this weekend for the first time in 8 years. Hit up Joes first thing. Next day I tried Q39 for the first time. It's not even in the conversation with Joe's for best BBQ in KC. I'd take Joe's burnt ends, pulled pork, and ribs over those 3 at Q39 every day of the week.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:15 PM 09-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Seeing a few visiting KC posts about hotels, transportation and such and had my own question so bumping this as a potential useful resource

What's the word on Chef J BBQ in the Bottoms (West not Billay)?

I'm coming in for the week 3 Bears game and want to try someplace new to me

Any CPers been?

https://chefjbbq.com/
Chef J and Wolfepack BBQ are the new hotness. Sadly I’ve yet to go to either, but I’ve heard nothing but great things. Wolfepack in particular has a pretty rabid following already.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Up