ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:37 PM 04-28-2017
Tried to say this last night as the server died:

I have wanted the Chiefs to draft and develop a quarterback for nearly 20 years. I didn't think they ever would. Because no matter how much of a carousel Arrowhead became for coaches and gm's, nothing really ever changed with their approach. They just played it safe to appease the season ticket holders. Year after year after year.

Then last night happened.

I've heard people say it's the wrong year. I've heard people say it's the wrong guy. I don't give a shit about that.

They identified their top player. They made a bold move to acquire him. And that...well, that's all I've ever wanted. It really is that simple.

I'm not giving the Mahomes experiment three years or five years, the way I have with past picks. This trade will always be a positive to me. Because even if he busts - and he may... - it will still ultimately have been exactly the kind of move the Chiefs need to make if they want to win championships, made at the perfect time when they were able and in position to do it. Meaning they had the picks, they found the player, and they pulled the trigger.

Who knows when they'll have the ability to get into the top ten again. They struck when the iron was hot and I will never criticize them for that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:40 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I'm pretty sure that future picks have less value in the current year. IIRC, the value of next year's 1st is roughly the value of this year's 2nd.
Yes, that's always been the logic. Following year's picks have been devalued down a round for as long as I can remember when used in value chart discussions.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 02:40 PM 04-28-2017
Sounds like you are already planning out the silver lining of loss (keg)... but it makes sense. I get it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:47 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
Sounds like you are already planning out the silver lining of loss (keg)... but it makes sense. I get it.
No silver lining. Whether I like Mahomes or not will depend on how he plays. But the trade itself I will always consider a good move. They're separate things in my mind.

If the kid doesn't develop, I'll treat him like every other qb not named 'Trent Green' for the last 18 years. But I won't ever fault them for taking their shot last night. That took guts.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:47 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I don't give a shit what the draft value chart says. Have you ever seen a team move up 17 spots into the top 10 for less?
In 2008, the Jags moved from 26 to 8 for 2 3rds and a 4th. I think that was a special case, though, because that's what the Bears gave up to move from 3 to 2 last night.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 02:51 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No silver lining. Whether I like Mahomes or not will depend on how he plays. But the trade itself I will always consider a good move. They're separate things in my mind.

If the kid doesn't develop, I'll treat him like every other qb not named 'Trent Green' for the last 18 years. But I won't ever fault them for taking their shot last night. That took guts.
Oh yeah. Sound logic spoken. Def fair enough.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:22 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
:-):-) Suddenly now this dumb shit cares about what "analysts" think, when he/she/it has spent endless amounts of time defending Bubble Screen Alex Smith from criticism from these very same "analysts".
Tigger's bleed out is long overdue and will become even more fantastic as time marches forward.

The Chiefs are officially a legit franchise now, and legit franchises don't waste much time with has-been game managers.

Piss on Tigger and every single one of Smith's transplant fan base.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:28 PM 04-28-2017
Couldnt be happier, what we gave up is the price you pay to move up that far and secure your future

When you hear about how many teams were chomping at the bit to take him, and hear so many knowledgeable pros throw around comparisons like Favre and Rodgers... thats exciting
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:33 PM 04-28-2017
He's not the safest bet out there as QBs go, but I trust Dorsey.

The compensation was high, but it's always high to get a franchise QB. This league is QB-based, and we needed one. Now we have one.

Dorsey will probably shuffle things around to where we get the draft value back anyway.

It's better to overpay and get what you want than to lay back and find yourself without.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:37 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Couldnt be happier, what we gave up is the price you pay to move up that far and secure your future

When you hear about how many teams were chomping at the bit to take him, and hear so many knowledgeable pros throw around comparisons like Favre and Rodgers... thats exciting
Can you believe we finally fucking did this?

And this kid?

I'm more excited about learning what makes this kid tick than I am any chick I've ever fucked or will fuck.

HUZZAH!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Can you believe we finally ****ing did this?

And this kid?

I'm more excited about learning what makes this kid tick than I am any chick I've ever ****ed or will ****.

HUZZAH!
I hope he is a quick study so we can start him in 2018
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:41 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I hope he is a quick study so we can start him in 2018
Well, unlike some of the other QB's that they have brought in, this kid will fight his balls off to get that start.

I can't believe how fucking perfect this situation is. This kid is EXACTLY what Reid and the offense needed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:05 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Tried to say this last night as the server died:

I have wanted the Chiefs to draft and develop a quarterback for nearly 20 years. I didn't think they ever would. Because no matter how much of a carousel Arrowhead became for coaches and gm's, nothing really ever changed with their approach. They just played it safe to appease the season ticket holders. Year after year after year.

Then last night happened.

I've heard people say it's the wrong year. I've heard people say it's the wrong guy. I don't give a shit about that.

They identified their top player. They made a bold move to acquire him. And that...well, that's all I've ever wanted. It really is that simple.

I'm not giving the Mahomes experiment three years or five years, the way I have with past picks. This trade will always be a positive to me. Because even if he busts - and he may... - it will still ultimately have been exactly the kind of move the Chiefs need to make if they want to win championships, made at the perfect time when they were able and in position to do it. Meaning they had the picks, they found the player, and they pulled the trigger.

Who knows when they'll have the ability to get into the top ten again. They struck when the iron was hot and I will never criticize them for that.
Yeah, people can poke holes in it, but the risks are always there and the Chiefs traded up 17 spots in the first round to draft a quarterback. Until someone mentioned it to me earlier today, I had forgotten about the stat that no quarterback drafted by the Chiefs has even won a game for the Chiefs since the last one they drafted in the first round.

Anyone who's been a Chiefs fan for more than a few years has to appreciate the move, regardless of who else was available or whatever.
[Reply]
Black Bob 09:36 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
It was a good trade and I am glad they moved up and got their guy. I trust Reid and Dorsey. I liked Watson better but am 100% on board with Mahommes.
Bump
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It was a lot to give up for what I see as a deeply flawed QB prospect.

They better be right, and Deshaun Watson better not be the dude they should have picked. I thought he was going to go well before #10, and had you given me the option, I take Watson over Mahomes every time.

I approve greatly of the Chiefs finally grabbing their nuts and taking a risk, but I think they gave up way too much when they could have worked out a trade next year in a better QB class.
The Quarterback Whisperer
[Reply]
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Up