ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2497 of 3903
« First < 1497199723972447248724932494249524962497 249824992500250125072547259729973497 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 02:49 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Deaths are not going to continue to drop. Looking at record death numbers in states like California and Arizona should make that painfully obvious.
They might. It appears more of the cases being reported to Worldometers, etc are less severe cases than those earlier in the year.

I would imagine the reason for that is more availability of testing and more younger ppl acquiring the virus vs older. Perhaps the virus has mutated to a less deadly disease? What is your idea of why more cases now are less severe than before?

If all things were equal from the reported cases from Mar, April etc then we would expect to see 2500+ deaths a day in a few weeks. I don't think we are going to see near that much, although there will be an uptick.
[Reply]
Donger 02:49 PM 07-02-2020
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order on Thursday mandating face coverings in public places "in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with a few exceptions," according to a statement.

This order will currently impact about 67% of Texas counties, according to state data.

The text of the executive order says that failing to comply is punishable by a fine.

The statement also said Abbott issued another proclamation that gives mayors and county judges the ability to restrict some outdoor gatherings with more than 10 people. The proclamation also mandates "people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others."

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” Abbott said in the statement. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another — and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces."

"I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans," the statement added.

The latest numbers: Texas reported at least 8,076 new Covid-19 cases yesterday, the state's highest number of cases in a single day.
[Reply]
loochy 03:08 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order on Thursday mandating face coverings in public places "in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with a few exceptions," according to a statement.

This order will currently impact about 67% of Texas counties, according to state data.

The text of the executive order says that failing to comply is punishable by a fine.

The statement also said Abbott issued another proclamation that gives mayors and county judges the ability to restrict some outdoor gatherings with more than 10 people. The proclamation also mandates "people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others."

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” Abbott said in the statement. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another — and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces."

"I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans," the statement added.

The latest numbers: Texas reported at least 8,076 new Covid-19 cases yesterday, the state's highest number of cases in a single day.
Good. It's such a simple thing that can help, even if just a little bit. Mask usage appeared to be down near 20% over the last month or so, but people have complied well lately with our county driven order. The only exception I've seen was yesterday by a man that claimed it was illegal to wear a mask while doing concealed carry. He said that he got in trouble from a cop yesterday because of it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:13 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Didn't he say a few weeks ago he didn't have the power to do this? I guess he does now.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:26 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Discussed yesterday, but the Arizona reported deaths is very questionable given that deaths by date of death up to yesterday in Arizona reported 78 deaths combined from the 7 days prior to yesterday. Believe we will ultimately find out this was a backlog of "suspected" COVID-19 deaths from prior weeks or months. Most people see that number and they are expecting that number to represent who died the day prior or couple of days prior. What many are finding out is a good deal of these numbers are a backlog of suspected deaths from COVID-19 from weeks and months prior.
And Az is back to 37 deaths at the moment....
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:58 PM 07-02-2020
Serious question. I don't know how you would test this...but what if the virus just had killed so many of the old people that it didn't have any old people left to feed on. Is there anyway to tell that the virus isn't getting weaker or we aren't doing a better job with masks, it's just killed everyone it could.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:07 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Serious question. I don't know how you would test this...but what if the virus just had killed so many of the old people that it didn't have any old people left to feed on. Is there anyway to tell that the virus isn't getting weaker or we aren't doing a better job with masks, it's just killed everyone it could.
That's a form of the herd immunity theory that O.City has been big on. In theory, even if the entire population isn't "immune," clusters of people (like those in hospitals and nursing homes) have either gotten it already or won't.

The antibody testing makes it seem unlikely that that's happening, but if there's any truth to the idea that a significant portion of people are naturally immune (e.g., because they got a related coronavirus recently), it's theoretically possible as far as I understand it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:49 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's a form of the herd immunity theory that O.City has been big on. In theory, even if the entire population isn't "immune," clusters of people (like those in hospitals and nursing homes) have either gotten it already or won't.

The antibody testing makes it seem unlikely that that's happening, but if there's any truth to the idea that a significant portion of people are naturally immune (e.g., because they got a related coronavirus recently), it's theoretically possible as far as I understand it.
i just wonder if we start getting way up there in deaths if the virus dies out because there is no one around to spread it to. They are all frozen semi-trucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:00 PM 07-02-2020
TP is starting to get hoarded again. WTF is wrong with people?
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:04 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I still have some from early March and I wasn't hoarding at the time.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:12 PM 07-02-2020
Wife says she heard on the radio that the JoCo mask rule is going to match with KC which would end July 12th. I have not seen that anywhere myself.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:15 PM 07-02-2020
Do as we say, not as we do, right???

Originally Posted by :
Kelly’s order doesn’t apply to the Legislature’s meetings or to the courts, but the Kansas Supreme Court on Thursday ordered masks to be worn in judicial proceedings.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...-work-71576176

How convenient of her to exclude herself from wearing a mask at work.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:33 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is also a very good point.
Thought we might break the 637 level as Worldometers was at 615 but then I actually watched it go down to 608.....we might actually pull under.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:39 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Shit happens
[Reply]
petegz28 06:34 PM 07-02-2020
All this chatter about Florida and Texas, people need to be looking at CA who just hit 100 deaths for the day.

While everyone has been focused elsewhere the last 2 weeks, CA has passed NJ in total cases and is starting to look not very good at all.
[Reply]
Page 2497 of 3903
« First < 1497199723972447248724932494249524962497 249824992500250125072547259729973497 > Last »
Up