ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
DaKCMan AP 07:44 PM 11-12-2007
Anyone else watch this show? I think it's fantastic. Great writing!
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:28 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by splatbass:
It is very popular among actual scientists.
[Citation Needed]
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:33 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That was horrible. Painful even. Is this typical of what the show is now?
*sigh* yes. it has become very sitcomy
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:02 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
[Citation Needed]
as an actual scientist, and among my fellow scientists, we enjoy the show. your sample size may vary.
[Reply]
cardken2 09:39 PM 10-26-2013
I watch both BBT and 2BG because my GF likes them. I try to find the brightside. Kuoco's tits and Behrs Legs.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:14 PM 10-26-2013
[Citation Needed]
Besides Ebolapox, here are a couple more examples:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Bazinga.html

Brazilian biologist Andre Nemesio said he named the species of Brazilian orchid bee Euglossa bazinga in honor of 'the clever, funny, nerd character Sheldon Cooper,' because the bee had tricked scientists for some time with its similarity to other species.

According to the Smithsonian, Sheldon Cooper has also an asteroid named after him (246247 Sheldoncooper).

[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:23 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by cardken2:
I watch both BBT and 2BG because my GF likes them. I try to find the brightside. Kuoco's tits and Behrs Legs.
kat denning has an AMAZING rack as well, fwiw
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:02 AM 11-26-2013

[Reply]
splatbass 08:59 AM 11-26-2013
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
Awesome.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 02:04 PM 11-26-2013
nice. i saw the pics but not the behind the scenes. They photoshopped her hips a bit in the layout, but I dont mind she looks amazing
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:57 AM 12-06-2013
Holy shit! CBS' ratings juggernaut and they still need a shitload of Dyson product placement?

5 minutes in, and I scarcely stop pondering what an air multiplier is doing sitting on a credenza in the background at Sheldon and Leonard's, when Bernadette comes clomping in with uniball B-story?
[Reply]
splatbass 12:02 PM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Holy shit! CBS' ratings juggernaut and they still need a shitload of Dyson product placement?

5 minutes in, and I scarcely stop pondering what an air multiplier is doing sitting on a credenza in the background at Sheldon and Leonard's, when Bernadette comes clomping in with uniball B-story?
Product placement seems to be a big money maker in TV these days. Earlier in the season on Hawaii Five-0 Danno's silver Camaro, which was always displayed prominently in the show, was burned by some bad guys and they made a big deal out of him getting a brand new black Camaro.

I've been noticing this kind of thing for a while now, I think we might as well get used to it. It does bug me when entire scenes are written into the show solely for that purpose, like Bernadette vacuuming.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:23 PM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

since when does NEED ever mean anything when it comes to getting more money.

the more popular the show the more companies will pay for product placement.

Networks will never turn down more money.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 05:20 PM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I've been noticing this kind of thing for a while now, I think we might as well get used to it. It does bug me when entire scenes are written into the show solely for that purpose, like Bernadette vacuuming.
What about dialog? Burn Notice was really bad about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xlSN9_XT0
[Reply]
splatbass 07:45 PM 12-06-2013
What about dialog? Burn Notice was really bad about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xlSN9_XT0
I remember an episode of The Glades, which was sponsored by Kia, where they spent a whole scene discussing the features of his new Kia. It was so blatant it was ridiculous.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:43 PM 12-07-2013
Anyone catch Sheldon's line while he's playing with the train?

Here comes the embarrassment express. Stops at Fraudville, Wonderblunderburg, and Kansas City. :-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up