ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1758 of 3903
« First < 758125816581708174817541755175617571758 175917601761176217681808185822582758 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:24 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I may need to head down to North County because the shelves are mostly empty here in LA.

And there's no toilet paper to be found anywhere, same with napkins.
If you do, my advice would be to shop at the local neighborhood markets. Smart and Final, Walmart etc are all stocked with food, but you won't find toilet paper.

I was actually born and raised in Oceanside. My sister still lives up there but i havent been to North County in a year or two.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:30 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If you do, my advice would be to shop at the local neighborhood markets. Smart and Final, Walmart etc are all stocked with food, but you won't find toilet paper.

I was actually born and raised in Oceanside. My sister still lives up there but i havent been to North County in a year or two.
At least here in KC the TP panic seems to have died down a bit or I’ve just been really lucky. Last couple of times I shopped about 1/3 of shelf slots were empty but the rest were fully stocked. Enough selection you didn't need to grab prison quality toilet paper
[Reply]
sedated 02:30 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Why would you need it? Again on the Kansas side they have over 910 beds for the "spike" that are collecting dust. They have never been touched. They were more than ready.
There is little point in engaging Discuss in conversation, he will just be endlessly negative about everything and will only agree with the fact that the world is ending and we will all die a prolonged painful death.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:32 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Good news man, you can stay in your house as long as you want.
I went golfing twice already. I can go on the trails with my bike. Go to super market. Lots of things you can still do.

The only thing I miss is sports. That is it. States that open up too early are risking this being a larger outbreak than it needs to be potentially ruining the Chiefs and NFL opening in the fall.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:33 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
There is little point in engaging Discuss in conversation, he will just be endlessly negative about everything and will only agree with the fact that the world is ending and we will all die a prolonged painful death.
Laughable.

"Negative" is just you coping with the realistic situation that we're severely fucked right now as a country. But go ahead being delusional bro.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:34 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Laughable.

"Negative" is just you coping with the realistic situation that we're severely fucked right now as a country. But go ahead being delusional bro.
Like, should i take out a life insurance policy? Sell some cars? How fucked are we talking?
[Reply]
notorious 02:38 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
That many asymptomatic cases makes me think this thing is already everywhere. There's no containing it.
Yep.

What I am about to say will probably be the most despicable thing in this thread, but there’s a lot of truth.

I am going to remove all emotion.

It’s everywhere, and will kill off many elderly people. There are several economical benefits. Money will be passed on and spent by younger people, Medicare and Social Security will have a great load relieved from them.

The economy is going to have a massive boost simply due to the movement of somewhat previously stagnant money. A lot of property that old people have sat on will be sold.

It’s like the burning of a forest. It sucks, but it will grow back stronger than before.

I love my parents, and I don’t want their money. I want them around as long as possible.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:38 PM 05-01-2020
Like, should i take out a life insurance policy? Sell some cars? How fucked are we talking?
Well think about how bad the Great Depression was and extrapolate it to the current time.

And then add in the Russian mantra of "and then, things got worse."

And there you go. That's what we're looking at.
[Reply]
chinaski 02:38 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I may need to head down to North County because the shelves are mostly empty here in LA.

And there's no toilet paper to be found anywhere, same with napkins.
Aldi in Simi Valley has been reliable lately on TP, somewhat reliable on Paper Towels. Might be worth the trip. Try to go early, hoopleheads seem to clean it out as the day progresses. This is the one off of Tapo Canyon/Cochran. I haven't been out to the one off of Madera and the 118 for awhile. Oh, and there are limits (usually 1)
[Reply]
notorious 02:39 PM 05-01-2020
Like, should i take out a life insurance policy? Sell some cars? How ****ed are we talking?
Heh. My friend that sales insurance said he had a huge boost in life insurance sales.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:40 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Well think about how bad the Great Depression was and extrapolate it to the current time.

And then add in the Russian mantra of "and then, things got worse."

And there you go. That's what we're looking at.
So i need to start rationing my bread. I'll keep that in mind tonight. Thanks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:41 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I went golfing twice already. I can go on the trails with my bike. Go to super market. Lots of things you can still do.

The only thing I miss is sports. That is it. States that open up too early are risking this being a larger outbreak than it needs to be potentially ruining the Chiefs and NFL opening in the fall.

I don't think there will be sports this year and we all should start preparing ourselves for that unfortunately.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:42 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Went to our local butcher just a little bit ago and motherfuckers are making a run on beef. I was lucky and got a couple of nice filets for this weekend and a couple of pounds of beef. People need to chill.
Where you go? Powells?
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:44 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Where you go? Powells?

yep. love that place but it was getting really bare. Never seen it like that.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:45 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
yep. love that place but it was getting really bare. Never seen it like that.
I go there quite often. Great place.
[Reply]
Page 1758 of 3903
« First < 758125816581708174817541755175617571758 175917601761176217681808185822582758 > Last »
Up