ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1747 of 3903
« First < 747124716471697173717431744174517461747 174817491750175117571797184722472747 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:02 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Per the Chinese study it was very well tolerated. Similar rates of adverse events to placebo.
So if it proves to have little or no side effects other than costs what is the downside to using it even if it doesn't change the mortality rate but could improve recovery ?

Could it be used as a prophylaxis like Tamiflu.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'll let you in on a secret, there is more than 120......
thats not a secret, dipshit.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
St Joe has gone way up too. But testing 3000 people in one area where you know there are a cluster cases will tend to do that I suppose.
This is like a merry-go-round anymore...

We need to test more...
More tests will show an increase in cases...
We test more....
Indeed more testing shows more cases...
We freak out....
We call for more testing....
We test more...
More tests show more cases...
We freak out....
We call for more testing...

I think we need to remember that most people who get this will be okay. I mean it is a scary situation I get it but we can't act like if you get it then it's an automatic death warrant.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
thats not a secret, dipshit.
You're such a peach....

No shit it's not a secret.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:14 AM 05-01-2020
This is like a merry-go-round anymore...

We need to test more...
More tests will show an increase in cases...
We test more....
Indeed more testing shows more cases...
We freak out....
We call for more testing....
We test more...
More tests show more cases...
We freak out....
We call for more testing...

I think we need to remember that most people who get this will be okay. I mean it is a scary situation I get it but we can't act like if you get it then it's an automatic death warrant.
there arent many people here freaking out about new cases.

it's the deaths. which arent going down much. 2200+ yesterday again.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:15 AM 05-01-2020
You're such a peach....

you act like asymptomatic people are a good thing.

i think just the opposite, they have a greater chance of spreading it to people. that should be obvious.

and just because you think you arent at risk of dying from it doesnt mean you wont...
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:19 AM 05-01-2020
You're such a peach....

Oh he is sweet if that's what you are getting at, but instead of deflecting and changing the subject, how's about you answer this response

what are you talking about?

at least 120 asymtomatic people walking around not knowing they have it IS a scary thing pete... probably more so in that industry
I know your answer will go against your original point, but that's ok. Admitting you're wrong is a big step.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:23 AM 05-01-2020
you act like asymptomatic people are a good thing.

i think just the opposite, they have a greater chance of spreading it to people. that should be obvious.

and just because you think you arent at risk of dying from it doesnt mean you wont...
No shit, Sherlock. I also don't expect to die from a drunk driver or someone texting when I get in my car but I could. I also don't expect to drop dead from a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm or even a virus I would typically be able to fight off.......but I could.

Thank you for setting me straight. I guess we should all just stay inside until we know every last one of us doesn't have the virus or is dead, right?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:25 AM 05-01-2020
it is very hard to tell sometimes who is at risk, I have had a lot people considered young and healthy when they walked into my room walk out as cancer patients, most people don't know their genetic predispositions among other silent issues , although the human body has can be very resilient it at has been proven very finicky at times.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh he is sweet if that's what you are getting at, but instead of deflecting and changing the subject, how's about you answer this response

I have no doubts you have tasted his nectar....
[Reply]
Monticore 08:27 AM 05-01-2020
No shit, Sherlock. I also don't expect to die from a drunk driver or someone texting when I get in my car but I could. I also don't expect to drop dead from a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm or even a virus I would typically be able to fight off.......but I could.

Thank you for setting me straight. I guess we should all just stay inside until we know every last one of us doesn't have the virus or is dead, right?
Do you go golfing during a lighting storm? the odds of getting hit are pretty low but most people still take precautions.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:30 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
it is very hard to tell sometimes who is at risk, I have had a lot people considered young and healthy when they walked into my room walk out as cancer patients, most people don't know their genetic predispositions among other silent issues , although the human body has can be very resilient it at has been proven very finicky at times.
Yes it is. And sometimes it's better just not to know. For example, my Mother In Law dropped dead at 53 from an aneurysm. She was completely healthy otherwise. In talking to the doctor he said even if they knew she had it they probably would not have done anything about it because it could actually be more risky and really, you don't even want to know about it because the anxiety from it can cause all kinds of other issues.

None of us is guaranteed to wake up tomorrow. And how many times do we someone who is supposedly healthy drop dead at 50 and someone who is not healthy live to be 90 while smoking 2 packs a day and drinking their dinner? Yes, that's a Grumpy Old Men reference.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:30 AM 05-01-2020
Do you go golfing during a lighting storm? the odds of getting hit are pretty low but most people still take precautions.
Fuck yeah! Don't have to wait on all the hacks in front of me.
[Reply]
Spott 08:34 AM 05-01-2020
Why would someone go golfing in the rain?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:34 AM 05-01-2020
**** yeah! Don't have to wait on all the hacks in front of me.
To be honest I have tought about finishing up the last few holes during a storm , but I had 1 strike right behind me during my swing and it scared the shit out of me so I sprinted it in lol.
[Reply]
Page 1747 of 3903
« First < 747124716471697173717431744174517461747 174817491750175117571797184722472747 > Last »
Up