« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>USA: Mr. Robot
Tribal Warfare 06:22 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
bishop_74 01:39 PM 09-03-2015
Maybe you guys know this, but why is the Phillip Price (E Corp CEO) so calm, and what is the connection between E Corp and the White Rose? Should we know this, or is it intentionally vague for the next season?
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:07 AM 09-16-2015
I binged and watched the whole series in a day and I love how they slowly eased the audience to join along and then from episode 7 on, they go pedal to the metal.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 08:22 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I binged and watched the whole series in a day and I love how they slowly eased the audience to join along and then from episode 7 on, they go pedal to the metal.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 11-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pushead2:

Spoiler!
Was told about this series by my son. Binged watched the first season on Amazon on Thanksgiving night. I guess because it was on USA that I never even considered it as even a possibly, turns out it is quality work. I was wrong.

The series has a unique feel and look to the series. The way its put on film, the dialog and directing is something I'm used to seeing on HBO. Top shelf quality. Without Ramik I think the whole show wouldn't have worked. Perfect melding of show and actor.

I told my wife this feels like a fight club thing in the first episode. I thought this was a bad sign, some retread shit. But the quality was so high I overlooked the possibility of a fight club type spinoff TV series. Turns out the whole fight club arc fits well with the direction of the series.

I dont know if you are spoiling this show or not. I shall return when I finish season 2.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:39 AM 11-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I told my wife this feels like a fight club thing in the first episode. I thought this was a bad sign, some retread shit. But the quality was so high I overlooked the possibility of a fight club type spinoff TV series. Turns out the whole fight club arc fits well with the direction of the series.

I dont know if you are spoiling this show or not. I shall return when I finish season 2.
There is a difference between ripping something off and paying homage. This series pays homage, covers many of the same bases, but goes much deeper into many different areas.

And at the time season 1 and 2 were happening they were actually very timely. So timely during season 1 it seemed to predict events a week or two before they happened...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
There is a difference between ripping something off and paying homage. This series pays homage, covers many of the same bases, but goes much deeper into many different areas.

And at the time season 1 and 2 were happening they were actually very timely. So timely during season 1 it seemed to predict events a week or two before they happened...
I didn't mean to come off as I thought it was a weak rip off of Fight Club. I thought it was a different take on the concept and it worked well. 2 episodes into season 2, it looks like they are going to explore his mental illness. I love Ramik's acting but I hope they move on soon.

BTW, I know for a fact(cant tell you how I know) that no one will ever cut the balls off that bull on Wall Street. That thing is guarded 24/7 by several off duty NY city cops with serious firepower. In addition to the regular police force guarding the area, there are street cameras in 3 different camera locations and angles focused on only that bull. The rich dont want their symbols vandalized or blown up.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:31 PM 12-14-2017
Jesus, Irving.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/com...of_the_finale/
[Reply]
Rausch 08:07 AM 12-17-2017
I didn't mean to come off as I thought it was a weak rip off of Fight Club. I thought it was a different take on the concept and it worked well. 2 episodes into season 2, it looks like they are going to explore his mental illness. I love Ramik's acting but I hope they move on soon.
It pays off and it's worth it.

BTW, I know for a fact(cant tell you how I know) that no one will ever cut the balls off that bull on Wall Street. That thing is guarded 24/7 by several off duty NY city cops with serious firepower. In addition to the regular police force guarding the area, there are street cameras in 3 different camera locations and angles focused on only that bull. The rich dont want their symbols vandalized or blown up.
All the more reason to put it in the show.

If some moron tries that they'll be caught immediately. It's probably not smart to show an act of terrorism on TV that could be highly effective and likely successful...
[Reply]
bowener 05:12 PM 09-16-2015
Here is a good interview from a while back with show creator Esmail.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 08:11 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by bowener:
Here is a good interview from a while back with show creator Esmail.

Spoiler!
All this. There are so many nods to that movie (everything from lighting, to seeing a specific character in every episode, to the themes.)

At first I couldn't make up my mind if this series ripped it off with a twist or was paying homage to it. I think in many ways it's just an updated take on all those themes.

I figured I'd be bored with a USA Network hacker show but this might be my favorite new show since Breaking Bad.

THAT GOOD...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:04 AM 09-24-2015
Bump because it deserves it...
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:36 PM 01-18-2016
Finally binged all the way through it. Fun show. The door is a great cliffhanger.
It felt like they really didn't wrap up a lot. It could go in so many directions. Hopefully it's back soon
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:14 PM 01-18-2016
Glad the show got the recognition it deserves at the award shows. Won best drama series at both the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice awards.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:13 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Glad the show got the recognition it deserves at the award shows. Won best drama series at both the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice awards.
I'd love to know the story of how this show ended up on USA.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up