ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:55 PM 11-16-2019
The defense, although it lacks a pass rush, is good. The offense is an absolute nightmare. The team has horrendous discipline, and the management of the game by the head coach is consistently inferior.

Don't all of those facts point to the rather obvious conclusion that Barry Odom is a defensive coordinator and not a head coach?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:18 PM 11-16-2019
The AD us running a 2-3 million deficit. They’re going to need booster support to get the buyout done and pony up for a new coach. I think it might be there, but it’s going to require boosters stepping up.

Richard Miller is loaded, but he’s not T. Boone Pickens. He can’t support the entire AD himself.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:50 PM 11-16-2019
How much is the buyout? The Star article from last year states it's $450K*# of years remaining, which was $3 million last year, plus deferred compensation of $150K each year.

If correct, that would mean that each year his buyout should drop by 300K. Thus, the buyout after this season would only be $2.7 million. That's less than 3% of the cost of the South End Zone facility.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:51 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I don’t really disagree with your last sentence. My point is, whether you want to believe it or not, is the entire financial outlook for the AD is not in good shape.
Oh yeah, I understand the situation the AD is currently in. Unfortunately they direly need to figure something out.

I say you've got no choice but to fire him, but in reality I really don't know what Sterk will do. Not envious of the position he's currently in.

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
How much is the buyout? The Star article from last year states it's $450K*# of years remaining, which was $3 million last year, plus deferred compensation of $150K each year.

If correct, that would mean that each year his buyout should drop by 300K. Thus, the buyout after this season would only be $2.7 million. That's less than 3% of the cost of the South End Zone facility.
I think it drops to 2.3 or somewhere around that range soon.

E: Looked it up. Would be owed 450,000 for each remaining year on his deal that runs through 2024. So would be owed 2.25 mil if fired after the Arky game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:08 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I don’t really disagree with your last sentence. My point is, whether you want to believe it or not, is the entire financial outlook for the AD is not in good shape.

I thought that’s why they joined the SEC?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:01 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Was that before or after his extension?

$3 million to buy out Odom and staff plus 2-3 million to buy out the new guy is still a big bill when you’re operating at a deficit.

Admin costs have exploded since Mizzou went to the SEC. they’re up about 30 million, I think. Part of that is the number of worthless sports they run, whose costs have increased significantly due to the travel bills.

They need to dump some of the non football sports. I’d start with any/all golf. Women’s soccer can get fucked. Swimming and diving are both doing well but those $$ drains can get fucked, too.

Mizzou runs too many nonrevenue sports. I’ve long thought it was why they are so meh in everything.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:02 PM 11-16-2019
I was about to ask why the heck they are in such a deficit. Yeah probably about time to start dumping some of those sports.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:35 PM 11-16-2019
SEC requires participation in these sports.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Was that before or after his extension?

$3 million to buy out Odom and staff plus 2-3 million to buy out the new guy is still a big bill when you’re operating at a deficit.

Admin costs have exploded since Mizzou went to the SEC. they’re up about 30 million, I think. Part of that is the number of worthless sports they run, whose costs have increased significantly due to the travel bills.

They need to dump some of the non football sports. I’d start with any/all golf. Women’s soccer can get fucked. Swimming and diving are both doing well but those $$ drains can get fucked, too.

Mizzou runs too many nonrevenue sports. I’ve long thought it was why they are so meh in everything.
They spent millions upgrading facilities for the golf teams just a few years ago. No way the Walsworths would let them cut golf.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:23 PM 11-16-2019

Barry Odom: "Tough locker room to be in." He doesn't have much of a voice.

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 16, 2019

Please fire this frickin guy already...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:29 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Please fire this frickin guy already...
Well he's not allowed to yell at the players so...….
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:37 PM 11-16-2019
How the hell does MU not have money? I thought the SEC was 2nd to the B1G and were swimming in cash
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:29 PM 11-16-2019
We blew all our extra budget on meth whores
[Reply]
Matrix 10:55 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Well he's not allowed to yell at the players so...….
Are you serious ?!?!
[Reply]
Matrix 10:56 PM 11-16-2019
If that's true, then they need to go to DIII.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up