ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 855 of 3903
« First < 355755805845851852853854855 85685785885986590595513551855 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:49 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn’t really worry about the case numbers. As testing increases case numbers will

It’s been exponentially spreading for a few months.
The difference in recovery numbers was more of what I was referring too. There is a significant difference between the two.
[Reply]
wazu 08:50 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I wish there were some consistency between Johns Hopkins and Worldometer

Worldometer shows more total cases and more total deaths by a few but their recovered number is almost 3 times of that of Johns Hopkins
The John Hopkins site is pretty much worthless since they decided to go from a single "dot" per state to trying to show every nuance of every county. Their site also shows zero people recovered in the United States, no matter what county you click on, but somehow does report a very low total for the U.S. as a whole in the "recovered" column. Just not sure what value that site provides at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 03-28-2020
The difference in recovery numbers was more of what I was referring too. There is a significant difference between the two.
Difference for sure

But again, there’s so many unaccounted for cases it’s just not really an accurate number
[Reply]
Monticore 08:52 AM 03-28-2020
I don’t know how they are tracking recovered patients. Do they have to test negative, or just be asymptotic for x amount of days or are they going even bothering counting them .
[Reply]
O.city 08:55 AM 03-28-2020
They’re rolling out a vaccine trial from oxford university that uses an adenovirus vector that they’re inserting the spike material genetic material into.

It’s got some interesting potential seeing as we can skip a lot of steps since we know it’s already proven to be safe
[Reply]
petegz28 08:55 AM 03-28-2020
Difference for sure

But again, there’s so many unaccounted for cases it’s just not really an accurate number
I am going to have to disagree to a point. I agree there are a ton of cases unaccounted for but the number should be accurate in that it is reflective of the cases that have been counted. so overall yeah the number is meaningless but based on the cases we do know about I would hope it is accurate or close.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:59 AM 03-28-2020
They’re rolling out a vaccine trial from oxford university that uses an adenovirus vector that they’re inserting the spike material genetic material into.

It’s got some interesting potential seeing as we can skip a lot of steps since we know it’s already proven to be safe
Very interesting. Any word on how much time those skipped steps save?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:02 AM 03-28-2020
I am going to have to disagree to a point. I agree there are a ton of cases unaccounted for but the number should be accurate in that it is reflective of the cases that have been counted. so overall yeah the number is meaningless but based on the cases we do know about I would hope it is accurate or close.
If it is accurate the one thing I find interesting about the recovery numbers is how long it takes to recover. I know a lot of these people have to be feeling better sooner, but the amount of time it takes to test negative seems crazy long. Then again, the one time I had pneumonia I was sick for weeks and was feeling it for months.
[Reply]
srvy 09:02 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dont a lot of communities get their water from lakes with fish in them? I know Lees Summit in the KC area gets its water from Longview lake that has fish in it.
You are an idiot who likes to post shit you have no idea about. Lees Summit buys its water from KCMO which comes from the Missouri River. Longview Lake is a Corps of Engineer Flood control Reservoir.

Just quit posting shit you don't know.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:07 AM 03-28-2020

That's cool and creative. Lets hope it works!
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Very interesting. Any word on how much time those skipped steps save?
It’ll cut out some time since we aren’t starting from scratch. But it won’t be anytime in the immediate future. The issue with vaccines is you want an immune response strong enough to trigger a response, but not too strong that it could kill you.

If it’s not strong enough to get a full response you have issues in that you only get partial responses that can actually make the true infection worse

It’s a balancing act. Luckily we have a lot of research and situations where we’ve developed things similar so like I said we aren’t starting from scratch.

If it gets to phase III in the trial, is start to get excited and I’d imagine we’re maybe....6 months from that best case scenario? I don’t know
[Reply]
srvy 09:12 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm good. If I see you in person we can handle this like men instead of trading insults on a message board. Have a good day.
We got us a Billy Badass.

[Reply]
burt 09:19 AM 03-28-2020
No...I'm pretty sure that's Billy JACK...
[Reply]
phisherman 09:22 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
You are an idiot who likes to post shit you have no idea about. Lees Summit buys its water from KCMO which comes from the Missouri River. Longview Lake is a Corps of Engineer Flood control Reservoir.

Just quit posting shit you don't know.
Ha! Water from Longview Lake? I thought BRC knew everything?

Lee's Summit actually buys water from both KC and Independence.
[Reply]
srvy 09:24 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
No...I'm pretty sure that's Billy JACK...
No its Tom Laughlin who I think is PAChief.
[Reply]
Page 855 of 3903
« First < 355755805845851852853854855 85685785885986590595513551855 > Last »
Up