ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:16 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Even more to the point, why in the world would Dorsey have actual hard copy files in a desk drawer at home?

This is 2017, people. Everything is electronic.

That alone negates this story.
I wouldn't assume that. There was actually a picture that I saw earlier this offseason of Dorsey in his office where you could see binders in the background that were labeled.

Here it is:

[Reply]
Eleazar 01:23 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wouldn't assume that. There was actually a picture that I saw earlier this offseason of Dorsey in his office where you could see binders in the background that were labeled.

Here it is:
The audacity... to wear a sweatshirt and a baseball cap in the office. Jackets and ties are where championships lie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:37 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Here it is:
A binder? Sure, okay. Those aren't "files in a drawer".

Further, why would he have files for 2018 at home and at One Arrowhead Drive?

Does he waste time having someone copy that every single day?

Again, it doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 PM 12-10-2017
Dear Mr. Veach,

Please emphasize these guidelines for the 2018 offseason:

1. Don't draft players in the first 3 rounds that are projects. If you want a safety, draft a safety, not a corner to convert to safety. If you want a 3-4 OLB, don't draft a 4-3 DE and try to convert him to a 3-4 OLB. Don't try to put square pegs in round holes.

2. If a player has major red character flags, I.e quits on a team, the coaching staff hates him, domestic violence, don't draft the sonofabitch until the late rounds.

3. If a guy is a broke sick in college, or several teams have them off their draft board because of serious health concerns (like Dee Ford'a back problems as a prospect), don't draft them in the first 3 rounds.

And finally...get Demetrius Harris off this goddamn team.

Kindest regards,

Chiefs fans
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dear Mr. Veach,

Please emphasize these guidelines for the 2018 offseason:

1. Don't draft players in the first 3 rounds that are projects. If you want a safety, draft a safety, not a corner to convert to safety. If you want a 3-4 OLB, don't draft a 4-3 DE and try to convert him to a 3-4 OLB. Don't try to put square pegs in round holes.

2. If a player has major red character flags, I.e quits on a team, the coaching staff hates him, domestic violence, don't draft the sonofabitch until the late rounds.

3. If a guy is a broke sick in college, or several teams have them off their draft board because of serious health concerns (like Dee Ford'a back problems as a prospect), don't draft them in the first 3 rounds.

Kindest regards,

Chiefs fans
Priority #1: Finding a trade partner for Alex Smith.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:26 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The audacity... to wear a sweatshirt and a baseball cap in the office. Jackets and ties are where championships lie.
It would be redundant if I referred to you as a buttfucking moron.

So be it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:38 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It would be redundant if I referred to you as a buttfucking moron.

So be it.
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:55 PM 12-10-2017
Who has a better duo of TEs than we do? Yes Harris drops some passes but it is not as bad as some of you all put out there.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...d-nfl-rankings

Some are also going to be pissed when we resign Albert Wilson in the offseason as well. He has turned into a good WR3/4.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 12:03 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Who has a better duo of TEs than we do? Yes Harris drops some passes but it is not as bad as some of you all put out there.

He literally has the worst catch rate of any TE in the last 2 seasons combined. He's horrible in every phase, but then he'll have some lucky play like last year on the 2pt conversion and all is forgiven for a minute. He's bad. Bad blocker, bad receiver.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:51 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...d-nfl-rankings

Some are also going to be pissed when we resign Albert Wilson in the offseason as well. He has turned into a good WR3/4.
Wilson, like his limp-dicked passer, have reached their expiration dates as Kansas City Chiefs. It's time for more new and dynamic blood to match up with our new and dynamic Mahomie.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 12:53 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Wilson, like his limp-dicked passer, have reached their expiration dates as Kansas City Chiefs. It's time for more new and dynamic blood to match up with our new and dynamic Mahomie.
I was sad not to see any of robinson today. He's gonna ball next year.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:10 AM 12-11-2017
Also, did Dimitrioff teach Peeholi how to draft before Blank gave him the reigns?

Because Peeholi truly sucked a penis at drafting during his tenure in KC.

Let's review:

1) TyJack. Ohhhhh baby! The excitement of it all!

2) EB. Someone had to coerce Peeholi to make this pick. He actually had to have people convince him that EB was deserving of that pick. Just...wow.
3) Houston. One one hand, you could say "very masterful for Peeholi to wait it out and get such great value late". I guess we can call him a smart man on that one?
4) That fucking receiver who sucked so bad, I can't even remember his fucking name.
So there's that.
5) Poe. That's a good pick.

It's an okay record I guess, but I don't recall Peeholi being much of a depth guy or courageously pursuing valuable FA's.

Damn I'm glad that man is gone.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 01:20 AM 12-11-2017
Veach has a tough job. To churn a 2-14 rostor with high draft picks and first dibs on the waiver wire is easier than getting the precious few pieces to push a playoff team to a sb team.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 12-15-2017
Seriously WTF was Dorsey thinking drafting these projects?

Wanna know why the Steelers are always competitive? They draft quality players who can play year 1 and be good long term players.

2017-TJ Watt, Juju, James Conner is playing some, Cam Sutton is getting a little bit of time.
2016-Artie Burns, Sean Davis and Javon Hargrave played roles their rookie years.
2015-Bud Dupree, Sammie Coates and Jesse James all played their rookie years.
2014-Ryan Shazier, Stephon Tuitt, Martavis Bryant all played.

I hate the stupid slow approach of not playing premium picks year 1. Hated it with Dee Ford, hated it with Chris Conley and hated it with Steven Nelson.

Thank God we were actually forced to play Tanoh this year, and oh look! He actually looks pretty decent!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:26 AM 12-15-2017
Seriously WTF was Dorsey thinking drafting these projects?

Wanna know why the Steelers are always competitive? They draft quality players who can play year 1 and be good long term players.

2017-TJ Watt, Juju, James Conner is playing some, Cam Sutton is getting a little bit of time.
2016-Artie Burns, Sean Davis and Javon Hargrave played roles their rookie years.
2015-Bud Dupree, Sammie Coates and Jesse James all played their rookie years.
2014-Ryan Shazier, Stephon Tuitt, Martavis Bryant all played.

I hate the stupid slow approach of not playing premium picks year 1. Hated it with Dee Ford, hated it with Chris Conley and hated it with Steven Nelson.

Thank God we were actually forced to play Tanoh this year, and oh look! He actually looks pretty decent!

Hating it with Mahomes also!
[Reply]
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up