ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 1209
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471871 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
threebag 09:01 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I go when they send out the coupon for a 2 piece with a side and biscuit for $2.99? The slaw is good and the mashed potatoes are okay, just wish they hadn't had made the biscuit so dam small.
Yeah the biscuit is almost pathetic sized. Their beans aren't bad either. About 20 years ago we had a hook up at KFC. All the chicken and fixins you could want for a few bucks a visit. With extra to carry out
[Reply]
Buzz 09:12 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Buncha ****ing KFC snobs ya... when you want a fried chicken dinner without all of the kitchen work, it will do just fine

Get a mix of extra crispy, grilled or original, scarf it down and throw away the garbage instead of washing it... I honestly dont eat there more than once every 2-3 months, but sometimes you want something halfway homestyle without going to a restaurant or spending all night in the kitchen

The biscuits and slaw are usually just fine as well... their biggest problem are the outrageous prices, usually well over a $1 per piece of chicken

What? I just said the mac and cheese was overrated?
[Reply]
threebag 09:15 PM 12-01-2016
That Nashville Hot is quite tasty.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:20 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
What? I just said the mac and cheese was overrated?
Dude I dunno, lets not get too serious here... I had a good day, half cocked for the big game... on a scale of 1-10 what did you think of that mac n cheese?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:21 PM 12-01-2016
Buncha ****ing KFC snobs ya... when you want a fried chicken dinner without all of the kitchen work, it will do just fine

Get a mix of extra crispy, grilled or original, scarf it down and throw away the garbage instead of washing it... I honestly dont eat there more than once every 2-3 months, but sometimes you want something halfway homestyle without going to a restaurant or spending all night in the kitchen

The biscuits and slaw are usually just fine as well... their biggest problem are the outrageous prices, usually well over a $1 per piece of chicken
I've always been open and honest, chicken as a main dish has always been something I'm most finicky about. Probably part of why I love GOOD fried chicken so much.

I'm more forgiving with Bufalo wings and chicken tenders, but fried chicken has so many nooks and crannies for grease to hide in, and somewhere down the line a cold greasy mealy KFC chicken leg traumatized me harrowingly and on a deep emotional level :-).

Oddly though, Popeyes I'm not so finicky about. Probably the spices.

I think I've sold my bona fides as pretty much a human garbage disposal, insofar as my ability to enjoy good food and hood food equally for what it is. Cut me some slack. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
That Nashville Hot is quite tasty.
Pro-tip. When you get Nashville Hot, ask for an extra cup of their douse. Hold onto it and pour it over your next helping of red beans and rice like you usually would Tabasco. Cayenne, garlic and chicken fat all over your gumbo-bowl!!
[Reply]
threebag 09:27 PM 12-01-2016
Hell Yeah. I can throw down on some red beans and rice.

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:29 PM 12-01-2016

Meh. There isn't one here. If I'm going to Mexico it isn't for KFC. I haven't been in probably 5 years. Always feel like I got hosed. When those bowl things were cheap it was a decent pit stop. They're not so it's not.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:30 PM 12-01-2016
Dude I dunno, lets not get too serious here... I had a good day, half cocked for the big game... on a scale of 1-10 what did you think of that mac n cheese?

I would give it a 5. The noodle was good, wasn't dry or mush, after that dispoint. Something in the cheese sauce didn't agree with me.
[Reply]
threebag 09:34 PM 12-01-2016
Should have hit it with some Cavenders Buzz

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:35 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm more forgiving with Bufalo wings and chicken tenders, but fried chicken has so many nooks and crannies for grease to hide in, and somewhere down the line a cold greasy mealy KFC chicken leg traumatized me harrowingly and on a deep emotional level :-).

Oddly though, Popeyes I'm not so finicky about. Probably the spices.
:-) I'll be damned if I set myself up for some kind of fried chicken beatdown around here... I know whats incredible, and also know whats edible

Part of my lulz is that I've definitely had that greasy, nasty piece of KFC that threatens to derail my entire love of chicken... but yeah c'mon, dont go in expecting something out of the joint Bourdain profiled last week and you wont be disappointed

Popeyes, btw... when fresh is the best fast food chicken hands down, not even close, not greasy at all
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 PM 12-01-2016
:-) I'll be damned if I set myself up for some kind of fried chicken beatdown around here... I know whats incredible, and also know whats edible

Part of my lulz is that I've definitely had that greasy, nasty piece of KFC that threatens to derail my entire love of chicken... but yeah c'mon, dont go in expecting something out of the joint Bourdain profiled last week and you wont be disappointed

Popeyes, btw... when fresh is the best fast food chicken hands down, not even close, not greasy at all
Hope it isn't my comments that have you riled. My intention was not to throw stones. I eat a lot of garbage, especially when I'm in the field rolling hard. KFC just isn't my bag.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 PM 12-01-2016
:-) I'll be damned if I set myself up for some kind of fried chicken beatdown around here...
Part of it too is my grandpa's hatred of chicken. He wasn't vocal about it, but for him, he spent his youth [WWII] in the Aleutians and the South Pacific eating gray chicken out of government barrels. So I grew up learning to beam with satisfaction at a steak on my plate and grimace at the sight of a chicken breast.

So what I guess I'm getting at is that I'm not asserting that KFC is objectively bad, or even worse than other stuff. Just one of the few things out there I'm personally finicky about.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:47 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hope it isn't my comments that have you riled. My intention was not to throw stones. I eat a lot of garbage, especially when I'm in the field rolling hard. KFC just isn't my bag.
Not riled at all, dont get me wrong dude... I'm only having fun with it, its been too good of a day to be angry!!1

[Reply]
Buzz 09:50 PM 12-01-2016

I wasn't giving you crap at all, don't really give a shit.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 1209
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471871 > Last »
Up