ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 74
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
Donger 04:25 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He was referencing his disappointment in not being able to reduce the deaths in the nursing homes. He didn't say that he thought Sweden's overall policy was wrong.

Lockdown or not many countries have not been able to protect the elderly in nursing homes.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:52 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yeah, I saw that. Daily Show did a good job there.
[Reply]
digger 04:54 PM 05-11-2020
Trevor Noah? can someone post some 'The Babylon Bee'?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:46 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I see a lot of people complaining and nobody DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT*

*pledging to commit mass suicide if the season is canceled
Everybody complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it.

- Mark Twain
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:12 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The head of Sweden's coronavirus response said in a new interview that the country's high death toll had "come as a surprise" and was "really something we worry a lot about."
Over 50% of the COVID-19 deaths in Sweden are in nursing homes... the same problem that lockdown countries including the US and Italy have experienced.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:16 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If there is literally never a vaccine developed, then you're right that we're largely prolonging the inevitable. I think it's a little silly to go right to that assumption after only 3 months of the world working on it, though.
Are you aware that there has never been an effective/scalable vaccine for any type of coronavirus since it was discovered in humans 60 years ago?

That includes some high profile viruses... SARS, MERS and even the common cold... no effective/scalable vaccine developed in 60 years.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:20 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Are you aware that there has never been an effective/scalable vaccine for any type of coronavirus since it was discovered in humans 60 years ago?

That includes some high profile viruses... SARS, MERS and even the common cold... no effective/scalable vaccine developed in 60 years.
Sure. But there are reasons for all of those:

SARS - Went away on its own faster than a vaccine could be developed.
MERS - Not very common.
Colds - Not very dangerous.

Vaccines are expensive to research and produce, so it's not worth the effort for things that are 1) short-lived, 2) rare, or 3) just a nuisance.

Does that mean that we will absolutely have a vaccine for COVID? Of course not. But most of the experts seem pretty optimistic.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:36 PM 05-11-2020
If only all the nfl could go make out with a corona patient today, put on a hazmat suit, go home to their basement and quarantine themselves for 2 weeks. Invent a way to make this season happen. Fauci needs to come up with something instead of just saying it's up to the virus.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:04 PM 05-11-2020
Things are looking good, so here comes week one. All those 60,000 plus stadiums can be half full with social distancing.

Everything is the same as it always was out on the field.

But, before week two a Jet and a Raven test positive, those two teams played Rams, Falcons. So four teams won't be playing in week two....what now?

It's just not going to work and it breaks my heart. I already had no track season, now this......

****~~~~~~~~
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:20 PM 05-11-2020
1) Face masks and a face guard. Problem solved.

2) These are some of the best athletes in the world and this virus has shown that it won't really effect them and if it does it will be like a common cold.

3) Fauci is one of the biggest frauds out there. Bought and paid for and stands to profit big time along with Bill Gates because of this.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:21 PM 05-11-2020
Dr. F :-) the guy that said nobody should ever shake hands again? **** OFF!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:26 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
1) Face masks and a face guard. Problem solved.

2) These are some of the best athletes in the world and this virus has shown that it won't really effect them and if it does it will be like a common cold.

3) Fauci is one of the biggest frauds out there. Bought and paid for and stands to profit big time along with Bill Gates because of this.
2.....it will be more about who they come in contact wih
[Reply]
cdcox 11:05 PM 05-11-2020
I completely acknowledge the significant public health risk posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Leaving aside fans in the stands, it is completely feasible to hold an NFL season. My plan:

1. Participation is entirely voluntary. Don't want to play, fine sit out. Your contract is on pause, but either you don't get paid or get paid a subsidence wage.
2. Define a bubble that includes everyone who has close contact with the show. Players, coaches, refs, film crews, production people, owners, media that have contact with players/coaches, etc. The bubble also includes their tribe: wife/gf/bf/children/special exceptions.
3. Anyone who wants to enter the bubble must wear a tracking device. Also to enter the bubble requires a 2 week isolation lockdown prior to entering the bubble. During the lockdown they see no one but people in their tribe. Sit in your dwelling and have anything needed delivered. Anything that is delivered is disinfected before entering the isolation lockdown. Any tribes with individuals showing symptoms don't enter the bubble.
4. Those passing through isolation lockdown are eligible to enter the bubble. The bubble has 32+ sub-bubbles one for each team, plus any additional sub-bubbles for refs, media etc. But since every sub-bubble is COVID free, it is okay to mix all of the sub-bubbles together.
5. Every sub-bubble is self-sustaining. It has doctors, cooks, teachers, and other basic services. Any material good that enters the bubble is disinfected before entering.
5. People inside the bubble (from July through early February) need to receive hardship pay if they make below some threshold. Maybe 50% bonus for those making under $200K, with the percent ramping down to 0% if you make more than $500K.
6. Anyone can leave the bubble at any time. Once you step out, if you want to re-enter you go into isolation lockdown again. Anyone detaching their tracking device is assumed to have left the bubble. No exceptions.
7. The NFL offsets the cost of this in two ways. 1. Would you not watch "Life inside the bubble?" Best reality show ever. I promise. 2. By fall, all programming will be 6 months old. The NFL would be the only new programming anywhere. People would watch like mad.
[Reply]
srvy 11:21 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thats awesome. With no fans I think it will be fun to be able to hear the player chatter during the games as well. To the players it will feel like high school or college ball with so few fans lol.
Won't be able to hear it over Romo nattering on about something stupid and trying to guess the next three plays in advance.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:36 PM 05-11-2020
Come to the realization this monster will be with us this year so forget about it, not unlike no 1940/1944 Olympics because of the war.

Figure out how to pay everyone then hope like hell 2021 works.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 74
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up