ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2413 of 3903
« First < 1413191323132363240324092410241124122413 241424152416241724232463251329133413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:50 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, there's also not a lot evidence that there ARE long-term impacts either. Plenty of people have had major short-term impacts and generally feel fine a month or two later.

That's not to say that there AREN'T long-term issues, but we just haven't seen enough to say one way or the other.
True but I am just saying we shouldn't be happy to say just the young people are getting this. No one has any idea the long term effects of Covid.

You can read up on people that say they feel "fine" but their blood work is all messed up and their lungs have ground glass opacities.
[Reply]
Pants 11:57 AM 06-25-2020
Young people are just as contagious as old people.
[Reply]
Donger 12:19 PM 06-25-2020
https://www.newsweek.com/houston-icu...ecords-1513077

Almost all intensive care unit beds at Houston hospitals were occupied on Wednesday as Texas reported a record number of statewide patient admissions related to the novel coronavirus.

During a City Council meeting Wednesday morning, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said 97 percent of the city's ICU beds were filled. A report from the Texas Medical Center (TMC) said 27 percent of those beds were occupied by COVID-19 patients.

According to data published earlier this week by the TMC, a network of health care and research institutions based in Houston, 90 percent of the city's ICU beds were filled as of Monday. Virus patients accounted for more than one-quarter of those occupancies.

The TMC's latest report incorporated ICU admission numbers from seven affiliate hospitals in the Houston area: CHI St. Luke's Health, Harris Health System, Houston Methodist, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Hermann, Texas Children's Hospital and University of Texas Medical Branch. The hospitals can collectively admit 1,330 ICU patients at regular capacity, when 70 to 80 percent of total beds are typically occupied, according to the TMC.
[Reply]
O.city 12:53 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
True but I am just saying we shouldn't be happy to say just the young people are getting this. No one has any idea the long term effects of Covid.

You can read up on people that say they feel "fine" but their blood work is all messed up and their lungs have ground glass opacities.
To be fair, we would likely find a lot of that in cases of pneumonia and other bacterial issues. Body takes time to get back to normal
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:03 PM 06-25-2020
10 times as many people as reported have had the shit anyway. Yeah more people are getting tested raising the number, but the death rate isn't going crazy or anything
[Reply]
kgrund 01:11 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.newsweek.com/houston-icu...ecords-1513077

Almost all intensive care unit beds at Houston hospitals were occupied on Wednesday as Texas reported a record number of statewide patient admissions related to the novel coronavirus.

During a City Council meeting Wednesday morning, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said 97 percent of the city's ICU beds were filled. A report from the Texas Medical Center (TMC) said 27 percent of those beds were occupied by COVID-19 patients.

According to data published earlier this week by the TMC, a network of health care and research institutions based in Houston, 90 percent of the city's ICU beds were filled as of Monday. Virus patients accounted for more than one-quarter of those occupancies.

The TMC's latest report incorporated ICU admission numbers from seven affiliate hospitals in the Houston area: CHI St. Luke's Health, Harris Health System, Houston Methodist, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Hermann, Texas Children's Hospital and University of Texas Medical Branch. The hospitals can collectively admit 1,330 ICU patients at regular capacity, when 70 to 80 percent of total beds are typically occupied, according to the TMC.
For perspective the above is citing 90% ICU beds filled in Houston metro while here in the KC metro area the percentage of ICU beds filled is 84%.
[Reply]
TLO 01:23 PM 06-25-2020
CDC says today that for every case diagnosed, 10 go undiagnosed.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:30 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Then considering those people are not in the hospital they are either very mild or asymptomatic......
[Reply]
Pablo 01:43 PM 06-25-2020
Turns out you can mess with Texas.
[Reply]
loochy 02:31 PM 06-25-2020
The governor of Texas hit the brakes on reopening his state Thursday as hospitals were inundated with “an explosion” of new COVID-19 cases and officials warned there might not be enough beds available.

“The last thing we want to do as a state is go backwards and close down businesses," Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement. "This temporary pause will help our state corral the spread until we can safely enter the next phase of opening our state for business."

Abbott urged "all Texans to do their part to slow the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask, washing their hands regularly and socially distancing from others."

Hit the breaks on reopening what? Everything here IS open. Life is normal except for the recent mask-wearing orders for my county.
[Reply]
loochy 02:31 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

AND THEY'RE ALL DEAD!
[Reply]
Donger 02:35 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hit the breaks on reopening what? Everything here IS open. Life is normal except for the recent mask-wearing orders for my county.
Moving to Phase 4 of the reopening plan.
[Reply]
Pants 02:38 PM 06-25-2020
Movie theaters?
[Reply]
loochy 02:38 PM 06-25-2020
Moving to Phase 4 of the reopening plan.

Which is? Like I said, I can't think of anything that isn't up and running now except for pro baseball and basketball.

In other words, what he said is just lip service and means absolutely nothing. To make an impact, things need to be rolled BACK - I'd think the best candidates would be bars, restaurants, indoor rec sports, and (it pains me to say this) gyms. Do everything we can to keep factories and schools open.
[Reply]
Donger 02:40 PM 06-25-2020
Which is? Like I said, I can't think of anything that isn't up and running now except for pro baseball and basketball.
From what I've read, Phase III is 75% occupancy in most places. I presume Phase IV is 100%
[Reply]
Page 2413 of 3903
« First < 1413191323132363240324092410241124122413 241424152416241724232463251329133413 > Last »
Up