ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 324
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:12 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think they have the money dude. Sure they have a lot of money right now, but all of their good young draft picks need to be paid. They already said they plan on paying Dak this Spring. Demarcus Lawrence is also a free agent this Spring.

Their list of FA’s in 2020 is crazy too, so have to start paying 1 or more of those guys as well:

Amari Cooper
Jaylon Smith
Byron Jones
La’el Collins

That’s a lotta cash. Don’t forget they are gonna have to break the bank on Zeke too. Gurley made the RB go up last year and LeVeon is about to make it even higher.
Oh I agree,

But Romo/Witten/Dez are all coming off their books.

They currently have 54 Million in cap space without extensions or restructures.

That doesn't even include cutting Sean Lee (They probably will) which would add another 7 Million in cap space.

61 Million in cap space......
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think they have the money dude. Sure they have a lot of money right now, but all of their good young draft picks need to be paid. They already said they plan on paying Dak this Spring. Demarcus Lawrence is also a free agent this Spring.

Their list of FA’s in 2020 is crazy too, so have to start paying 1 or more of those guys as well:

Amari Cooper
Jaylon Smith
Byron Jones
La’el Collins

That’s a lotta cash. Don’t forget they are gonna have to break the bank on Zeke too. Gurley made the RB go up last year and LeVeon is about to make it even higher.
Exactly.

The Cowboys might have a lot of cap space now, but after they sign the guys they need to sign, they won’t have nearly as much.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Oh I don't know the fact that last year he ran up to Jason after Cowboys game and told him to "Come get me"

The fact the Cowboys have Kris Richards?

The fact the Cowboys have more cap space?

I mean I don't want to burst your bubble, but ET wants to play in Dallas.

sure its not a done deal yet, but fuck......
Don’t rule out the 49ers. Sherman has been trying to recruit Earl AND he’d get to stick it to the Seahawks twice a year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:17 AM 01-28-2019
They have $115 million in unaccounted cap space in 2020, assuming that the cap doesn't go up between now and then and they have no rollover from 2019.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:18 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly.

The Cowboys might have a lot of cap space now, but after they sign the guys they need to sign, they won’t have nearly as much.
You have to account for who they are going to cut June 1st too....

I could see them cutting the following realistically.

La'el Collins 6.5 Million Cap Savings
Sean Lee 7.0 Million Cap Savings
Tyrone Crawford 5.9 Million Cap Savings
Allen Hurns 5.0 Million Cap Savings
Terrance Williams 2.0 Million Cap Savings

Add that to their 54 Million in Cap Space, that would be 80 Million in Cap Space.

Cowboys are sitting pretty good.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:19 AM 01-28-2019
P.S. Tyrone Crawford would be someone I would like us to take a look at.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 01-28-2019
I think the more logical outcome that we'll be looking at for the top 3 right now are:

1. Berry stays at his cap hit and has surgery in the offseason. Best case scenario....he starts the year on the PUP list and comes back Week 6.

2. Restructure Houston's contract. If you convert $10 million of his base salary into a signing bonus...then it gives you another $5 million in cap space this year and you can cut him after the 2019 season ($6.5 million in dead money vs. $17.5 million in cap savings).

3. Tag and trade Ford. I don't trust him to play DE in this defense and hold up against the run. He was good in stopping the run with his speed from the backside of the play but he wasn't great when teams ran right at him. Realistically....I'm looking at pick #44 in the 2nd round and a late 2020 pick from the Packers.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:27 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think the more logical outcome that we'll be looking at for the top 3 right now are:

1. Berry stays at his cap hit and has surgery in the offseason. Best case scenario....he starts the year on the PUP list and comes back Week 6.

2. Restructure Houston's contract. If you convert $10 million of his base salary into a signing bonus...then it gives you another $5 million in cap space this year and you can cut him after the 2019 season ($6.5 million in dead money vs. $17.5 million in cap savings).

3. Tag and trade Ford. I don't trust him to play DE in this defense and hold up against the run. He was good in stopping the run with his speed from the backside of the play but he wasn't great when teams ran right at him. Realistically....I'm looking at pick #44 in the 2nd round and a late 2020 pick from the Packers.
So we’re basically giving Houston a 10 mil raise then cutting him next year... Clark will pay 10 mil upfront for Houston but cut him next year. Ya no
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:27 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

He played 4-3 at Auburn and was where he was the best at
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
So we’re basically giving Houston a 10 mil raise then cutting him next year... Clark will pay 10 mil upfront for Houston but cut him next year. Ya no
It's not a fucking raise. It's converting his base salary, that he was already going to get, and spreading it out over this year and next year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You have to account for who they are going to cut June 1st too....

I could see them cutting the following realistically.

La'el Collins 6.5 Million Cap Savings
Sean Lee 7.0 Million Cap Savings
Tyrone Crawford 5.9 Million Cap Savings
Allen Hurns 5.0 Million Cap Savings
Terrance Williams 2.0 Million Cap Savings

Add that to their 54 Million in Cap Space, that would be 80 Million in Cap Space.

Cowboys are sitting pretty good.
You're only allowed 1 June first cut IIRC.

They'll probably cut those guys for sure, but they've got a lot of guys coming due for sure.

Plus I'm guessing jerry pays Dak like a legit franchise QB which is gonna suck up a bunch of space.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:37 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He played 4-3 at Auburn and was where he was the best at
he was wide 9 there which is the same as what he's been doing in KC for the most part.
[Reply]
threebag 10:40 AM 01-28-2019
Did Hootie change the name on his old account to The Franchise?
[Reply]
rtmike 10:42 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're only allowed 1 June first cut IIRC.

They'll probably cut those guys for sure, but they've got a lot of guys coming due for sure.

Plus I'm guessing jerry pays Dak like a legit franchise QB which is gonna suck up a bunch of space.

Only because I come across it while reading but it said teams are allowed 2 June 1 cut
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:47 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
the guys at RGR Football speculate they'll just release Ford AND Houston - I guess we'll know something within about 4 weeks or so.

Don't shoot the messenger
I ain't "shooting" a gat damn thing; makes all the sense in the world to me; Ford is a shitty one-trick and Houston as a true, hand in the dirt DE? Child, please.

Go Spags! Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
Page 80 of 324
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up