ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1780 of 3903
« First < 780128016801730177017761777177817791780 178117821783178417901830188022802780 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:54 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Georgia seems pretty simple to me. If you don't want to open your business then don't. If you don't want to go out then don't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If the people who got infected only infected themselves and didn't put others at risk, I'd agree. Alas, it's never that simple with public health.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:54 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
We'll see.

Florida is intentionally suppressing death reports from the coroner's offices, local jurisdictions in California are fighting Newsom's order to close the beaches, and Georgia seems to be torn between individual business owners not wanting to reopen and Kemp's desire for the opposite despite an increasing case load, high prevalence of percent-positive tests, and extremely low testing rate.

It's just a classically half-assed approach.
Yeah well you know why that is but we cant discuss it in the non political thread.

So say a relapse does happen we have no clue if itll be worse or if our medical system could be compromised? As you've pointed out the approach has been half assed in many places so trying to predict what a relapse would look like is impossible without enough testing no?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:56 PM 05-02-2020
Georgia seems pretty simple to me. If you don't want to open your business then don't. If you don't want to go out then don't.

What if you want to open but your employee doesnt feel safe? What if an employee gets a case of COVID and misses a few weeks? I dont think it's really that simple.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:56 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah well you know why that is but we cant discuss it in the non political thread.

So say a relapse does happen we have no clue if itll be worse or if our medical system could be compromised? As you've pointed out the approach has been half assed in many places so trying to predict what a relapse would look like is impossible without enough testing no?
I guess we can treat it like a randomized drug trial to see what works.
[Reply]
tk13 06:56 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've been kind of feeling pessimistic the past few days. I don't see a viable containment strategy anymore. It feels like we're gonna be dealing with this for the long haul.
That horse left the barn in March. For real.

You need to just mentally prepare yourself for it. You should have mentally prepared for it two months ago. We're going to reach 70,000 deaths easy in two months, and that's while half the country is shut down. There's really no evidence this thing is slowing down.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:57 PM 05-02-2020

Without adequate testing it is impossible to predict in sufficient time. You'd know by the time hospital admissions started to increase, but then you're looking at needing another extended lockdown to stamp it out.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:57 PM 05-02-2020

It’s the asymptomatic people, who haven’t been accounted for because mass testing is lacking, that will be the problem. Your dumbass should throw a massive party at your house and see what happens to yourself and family.
[Reply]
TLO 06:58 PM 05-02-2020

A bunch of testing only seems to show you a bunch of asymptomatic cases. (When you're testing a group of people trying to determine who has the virus and who doesn't)

It boggles my brain that we've had members on this board that have gotten incredibly sick and tested negative, while half of fucking St Joe is positive, but asymptomatic.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:59 PM 05-02-2020
:-) he really just accused you of being an alt.....holy fuck that's some funny shit! :-)

It’s also funny that he thinks he is making a point. He could easily just say he has been misrepresenting your stance but either incapable of doing so or a fragile ego is preventing it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:59 PM 05-02-2020
If there was a massive nuclear attack with heavy fallout and those dumbasses wanted to go out and protest a prolonged lock down, I'd be all for it, because they'd only be killing themselves.
[Reply]
TLO 07:00 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
That horse left the barn in March. For real.

You need to just mentally prepare yourself for it. You should have mentally prepared for it two months ago. We're going to reach 70,000 deaths easy in two months, and that's while half the country is shut down. There's really no evidence this thing is slowing down.
I have mentally prepared to a degree. But I still haven't accepted it yet.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:00 PM 05-02-2020
After over a week with no new cases we got one today, which sucks, wish they would say if it was community spread.
[Reply]
TLO 07:01 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It’s the asymptomatic people, who haven’t been accounted for because mass testing is lacking, that will be the problem. Your dumbass should throw a massive party at your house and see what happens to yourself and family.
Mass testing is indeed lacking, but mass testing only gets you so far.

I could test negative today and turn around tomorrow and catch the virus somewhere. Are we just gonna test people on a daily basis?

Your point on the asymptomatic cases is well taken, but that can only take you so far.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If the people who got infected only infected themselves and didn't put others at risk, I'd agree. Alas, it's never that simple with public health.
You cant wait to go outside until you know if everyone isn't infected. We would be locked down for a year

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:02 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I guess we can treat it like a randomized drug trial to see what works.
I guess I'm trying to understand this a bit better. Would this mean rushed testing of these drugs and could lead the door open for these drugs to be put into the market and have potential terrible side effects that could be even worse than the virus itself?
[Reply]
Page 1780 of 3903
« First < 780128016801730177017761777177817791780 178117821783178417901830188022802780 > Last »
Up