ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3426 of 4895
« First < 2426292633263376341634223423342434253426 342734283429343034363476352639264426 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 03:39 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Broncos don’t have the draft picks it would take to pry Payton away from the Saints.
That’s right, I forgot. They have already spent their wad on the players and coaches they have right now. It must be comforting for them to have gotten exactly what they wanted.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:45 PM 10-10-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:49 PM 10-10-2022
I'm not sold that Payton would be best for a QB that wants to derp around to connect on some random deep ball at some point, maybe.

Already tried that with Taysom Hill with mixed results.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:13 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Russ this season is basically not at all the guy we've seen in SEA for the last ten years. It's really odd. Before he went to DEN you could basically count on these things form Russ:

He was going to throw for around 3800 yds, around 35 TDs and about 9 INTs. He was going to net around a 65 QBR, or about 15 points higher than the NFL average, as well as about a 107 passer rating, or about 18 points better than the average.

Now we can speculate anything we want, but you can't achieve those types of stats year in and year out for nearly 10 years as a poser QB. Any QB would have to be pretty talented to reach those numbers. Especially when your OL, running game and defense are all near the bottom of the league for the last three years or so. I mean, keep in mind that Russ has only had two seasons where he wasn't sacked at least 41 times in a season.

I don't know what is going on in DEN, and I can't say that it displeases me at all, but methinks Russ is not the biggest part of the problem there. Maybe the second biggest, but something else is going on for him to fail so miserably, considering his level of performance/success over most of his career.
If you take his numbers from the last two years (mid-2020-present), these would be his averages across a full season:

3552 yds
24 TDs
10 turnovers
41 sacks

And this was when he had two receivers that are currently making Geno look like a star, plus solid coaching.

Rushing yds have been practically non-existent too. Which used to be a big part of his game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:22 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If you take his numbers from the last two years (mid-2020-present), these would be his averages across a full season:

3552 yds
24 TDs
10 turnovers
41 sacks

And this was when he had two receivers that are currently making Geno look like a star, plus solid coaching.

Rushing yds have been practically non-existent too. Which used to be a big part of his game.
Not sure why we're taking only half the 2020 season, but okay. But taking 2020 as a whole, he threw 40 TDs vs. 13 INTs, and over 4,000 yds.

otherwise, I can't argue any of that. Not that I'm really trying to. Just puzzled as to why he'd suddenly be much worse this season. It's odd that a QB that perennially protected the ball pretty well is suddenly a turnover machine, and incapable of going through his reads at even a competent level. My meaning is simply that no one seemed to notice that he couldn't go through his reads before over the course of nearly ten years, so why is he suddenly this much worse?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:26 PM 10-10-2022
Not sure why we're taking only half the 2020 season, but okay. But taking 2020 as a whole, he threw 40 TDs vs. 13 INTs, and over 4,000 yds.

otherwise, I can't argue any of that. Not that I'm really trying to. Just puzzled as to why he'd suddenly be much worse this season. It's odd that a QB that perennially protected the ball pretty well is suddenly a turnover machine, and incapable of going through his reads at even a competent level. My meaning is simply that no one seemed to notice that he couldn't go through his reads before over the course of nearly ten years, so why is he suddenly this much worse?
I think his numbers started declining when teams started running 2 high, covering the sidelines, and leaving the middle of the field open. He’s always locked on to his first read. Just he had better receivers who understood his game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I think his numbers started declining when teams started running 2 high, covering the sidelines, and leaving the middle of the field open. He’s always locked on to his first read. Just he had better receivers who understood his game.
So we really believe that no one figured out he couldn't go through his reads properly for nearly 9 years? When he was regularly beating the brakes off the rest of the NFC-W, not one DC watched film and figured this out?

And for a few years he was stuck with just Doug Baldwin and Lockett, i think. Good WRs, but not elite by any means. And I always thought Baldwin was kind of underrated. But I'd never say he was elite. just very good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:34 PM 10-10-2022
So we really believe that no one figured out he couldn't go through his reads properly for nearly 9 years? When he was regularly beating the brakes off the rest of the NFC-W, not one DC watched film and figured this out?

And for a few years he was stuck with just Doug Baldwin and Lockett, i think. Good WRs, but not elite by any means. And I always thought Baldwin was kind of underrated. But I'd never say he was elite. just very good.
I just think he locks on, then when he’s forced to run he chucks it up for his receivers and hopes for the best. But his receivers there had played with him for a while and understood his thinking. His receivers brokedicks in Dungver haven’t played enough with him to understand his tendencies yet.

But hey. I could also be way off base! Either way, fuck Dungver!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:34 PM 10-10-2022
Denver is 0-5 if David Mills and Jimmy G weren't complete garbage....and no your defense isn't elite they simply missed open guys
[Reply]
Oh Snap 11:35 PM 10-10-2022
Remember the Jake 'the snake' plummer days? Back then it was fun to hate the broncos. The manning era felt like we were always looking up to them. But what we've done to them under the mahomes era pales in comparison
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:28 AM 10-11-2022

Russ was carried by the legion of boom and a beast mode RB.

Defenses have taken away the deep ball and Russ doesn't seem to scramble as well as he used to.

He will probably play better but hard to see him playing $250 million and multiple high draft picks better.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:29 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Russ was carried by the legion of boom and a beast mode RB.

Defenses have taken away the deep ball and Russ doesn't seem to scramble as well as he used to.

He will probably play better but hard to see him playing $250 million and multiple high draft picks better.
Maybe these are my homer glasses, but when he scrambles he seems to do well. On his 18 yard scramble he was running away from DEs and LBs, he got caught by a safety. He just isn't doing it much. I want to see rollouts, bootlegs and moving pockets, but all we seem to do is straight dropbacks. It's almost as if they were expecting to have their offense feature a different QB...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Maybe these are my homer glasses, but when he scrambles he seems to do well. On his 18 yard scramble he was running away from DEs and LBs, he got caught by a safety. He just isn't doing it much. I want to see rollouts, bootlegs and moving pockets, but all we seem to do is straight dropbacks. It's almost as if they were expecting to have their offense feature a different QB...
Yeah, they were expecting to have 2016 Wilson not 2022 Wilson. :-)

Just busting your balls.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:31 AM 10-11-2022
Not sure why we're taking only half the 2020 season, but okay.
Because that was the last time he resembled a $250 mil QB...the NFL adjusted and Carroll forced him to change up.

He hasn't come close to replicating that stretch....and 2 years worth of games is a pretty solid sample size.

The book is out on Wilson...and teams started to takeaway outside the hashes. If he doesn't run like in the past...it's a big part missing of what made him who he was.

People blamed Carroll for not letting 'russ cook'...the truth is he started to suck once teams adapted.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:00 AM 10-11-2022
:-)
Attached: FB_IMG_1665503875329.jpg (88.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 3426 of 4895
« First < 2426292633263376341634223423342434253426 342734283429343034363476352639264426 > Last »
Up