ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 41
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:43 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Agree 100%.

I mean he's a pass-catching TE. This isn't a premier in-line guy or anything, he's a move TE.

Okay - so why would I rather have him than someone like Mitchell who's taller, faster and not that much lighter?

I'm just not understanding this idea that we need to go crazy chasing a TE. They're found all over the draft and few of the truly premier guys (1 of them, to be exact) came from the 1st.

Just completely out on Bowers.

And come draft day, I suspect many others will as well.

We shall see...
Jets are going Bowers at #10.

Say what you will but still elite QB in Rodgers
Elite RB in Hall
Elite WR in Wilson
They are trying to round out that offense with an elite tight end in Bowers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:55 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
WAAAAAYYYYY to much draft capitol to get there! Hard pass! You are talking pick 8, 9 or 10 to get him. This would be like the Saints moving up for Reggie Bush! :-) circa 2005!
If we move up THAT far, it better be for Big John's kid. Period.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If we move up THAT far, it better be for Big John's kid. Period.
Yeah - I don't think people quite understand how expensive a move up to 9 would end up being.

That's this year's 1st, next year's 1st, this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd as a realistic trade up cost.

It's MASSIVE. And folks are being awfully glib about it.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:16 PM 04-24-2024
I'm sticking to my guns about moving for Thomas but I think it's one of only 4 players...

WR Thomas Jr
WR Worthy
OT Fautanu
OT Suamataia

That's the entirety of my list. It would floor me if it were any other player.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:21 PM 04-24-2024
Nate Hobgood-Tittyfvck
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:25 PM 04-24-2024
I think Veach is gonna do something we are not prepared for. He probably drafts Kool-aid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm sticking to my guns about moving for Thomas but I think it's one of only 4 players...

WR Thomas Jr
WR Worthy
OT Fautanu
OT Suamataia

That's the entirety of my list. It would floor me if it were any other player.
I think I think the Jets are going to take Thomas at 10. I think Odunze goes 9 and the Jets are left needing a weapon and decide that Thomas is a better fit for them than Bowers (who's overrated, IMO).

It just makes too much sense to me.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:40 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think I think the Jets are going to take Thomas at 10. I think Odunze goes 9 and the Jets are left needing a weapon and decide that Thomas is a better fit for them than Bowers (who's overrated, IMO).

It just makes too much sense to me.
Best play for the Jets is to draft Fautanu. He can play LG until Smith gets hurt, then slide out to LT.

I'd argue against you that their next best play is probably Bowers. They are an absolute dumpster fire at TE. That said, I'd opt for the offensive lineman first.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 PM 04-24-2024
Fuaga sounds like a Jets pick.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:56 PM 04-24-2024
Best part is the wait is almost over :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:58 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Today my gut says Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia.

I'm assuming the Chiefs find it difficult to find a trade partner yet again, and with the OT board getting picked apart, they take a high floor WR that can come in and have a day 1 impact.
Today, very early on the first day of the draft, this is how I see the first pick going:

If we stay at 32, and Kingsley Suamataia is there, and the other top tackles are gone, he is the pick, unless a player with a much higher grade is available because pics of him painting his toenails get shared on social media or something like that, say like BTJ, Quinyon Mitchell, or Newton, etc.

I would be very happy with the pick. Kingsley Suamataia is very talented and even more athletic than the numbers show, and is related to Penei Sewell. That may seem irrelevant, but I feel like there is a great history in the league of NFL success running in families.

Since we signed Hollywood, I have come off my fixation with getting a WR in the 1st, and this is the pick I want. I would be less thrilled with Jordan Morgan, but I wouldn't hate it.

If Kingsley Suamataia, and maybe even Jordan Morgan, are gone, I think we first look at who the best receiver available is, and that would likely be Ladd McConkey, The Texas Two, Xavier Legette, Franklin, or Polk.

If those are the receivers available, and KS & JM are off the board, I think the pick will be Polk. I don't know why, but I feel like Polk is the perfect Veach pick because it's just enough out of left field that if it hits would make him look like he knew something no one else did. I would hope if those receivers were available, that they would take one of The Texas Two, preferably Mitchell. But, honestly, I wouldn't be upset with any of those receivers.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:47 AM 04-25-2024
Now that it's draft day, I'm feeling more confident the pick will be WR.

Thomas Jr if he makes it to the mid 20's, Mitchell and it's a total crapshoot after that. Paul if all the options are picked clean.

Think the focus will be go for 3. Can't see that with a rookie LT unless a unicorn falls.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:11 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
A trade up to 19 with he Rams for Mims. Then Pearsall or Roman wilson to follow it up.
Pete Schrager just released his mock draft and he has this exactly happening lol
[Reply]
Coogs 05:34 AM 04-25-2024
Since it is Draft Day, this is my guy.

This one is his combine workout. Very impressive stuff!!!

Shoutout to kccrow for educating me on this one! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:16 AM 04-25-2024
I might just change my choice to Amarius Mims last minute....
[Reply]
Page 33 of 41
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up