ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 101
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:12 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Yeah, i agree. I mean you go all week putting together a game plan, and then 24 hours before that game you have Tyreke, Watkins, Robinson, and Hardman all put on the close contact covid list, and then have to sign 3 guys from the practice squad to play. Would you expect that game to be held against you? Honestly, its like you guys brushing off the Chargers loss in week 17. The Browns beat the jets 9 out of 10 times if not for that bs.
Those Brown "weapons" are a pile of shit compared to those guys
[Reply]
Mav 10:12 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because that one game exposed a serious flaw.

It's called context.
I really hope that the Chiefs copy that game plan. Going to be a really long day for you guys.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:17 AM 01-14-2021
Just another Steelerdane. If/when you lose, we'll never see you again.
[Reply]
Mav 10:22 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the Chiefs are locked in and play a full 60 minutes they'll win by 2 or 3 scores.
If they are locked in for 60 minutes, there is not a team in the league beating the Chiefs.

Originally Posted by JolieMolie:
That December MNF between the Browns and Ravens was extremely entertaining. For all the talk back and forth through the week, if the Browns somehow scrape together, luck into, or otherwise somehow steal Sunday's game it would be one of the great playoff upsets over the past 20 years at least.
Maybe of all time. It is that big of a mismatch
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
- Opposing fans who want to talk football, who have been on the internet before
- Opposing fans who want to talk football, but are very thin skinned
- Opposing trolls
- Chiefs fans who want to talk football and don't take offense to everything
- Chiefs fans who may want to talk football, but get defensive or butthurt easily
- CP trolls
- People who lurk and watch the train wreck. :-)

I think that covers it.
Yeah, thats about it.
Originally Posted by notorious:
And how many points did they score in most of those games?

Not to mention a majority of the games listed had an abortion of a schedule, too.

:-). You walked right into that.

On a side note, how in the **** do you only score 10 against Houston and 6 (!) against the Raiders?
Please look at the box scores. For three weeks straight, there was ridiculous weather. Either a monsoon, or a damn hurricane. It was awful.
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Most teams this year have played a similar defense against the chiefs. Mahomes rare struggles are when defenses bring pressure and can cover. Like when you have an elite secondary and a bosa. Cleveland can bring pressure but they can't cover.

For a few weeks kc has had a tiny issue getting some short passes off. But I'm guessing Reid cleaned that the hell up over the past few weeks. If not, there's not much Cleveland can do. Reid will unleash the short game and he is an absolute wizard at it. I think he teased a few glimpses of that with Henne vs LAC. It also helps that kelce is a matchup nightmare in this game.
Can you elaborate on what the Falcons did so well against the Chiefs, i didnt see anything except the ending of the game.
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
But you all have Chubb and Hunt. Your running game is supposed to be nearly unstoppable, but you couldn't score with your running game when it was windy?
Fun fact, We didnt in fact have Chubb for either of those games, and while as good as Hunt has been, he has been much more productive for us as an off the bench/3rd down back, and he was dealing with a hamstring issue during that time.
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Just another Steelerdane. If/when you lose, we'll never see you again.
Not sure who you are talking to, but I have been here since 2013, ill be here after the game regardless or who wins, and if we lose, ill say congrats, and go get another trophy, and if we win, ill be honest and say we probably got lucky and in a 10 game series we would lose 9....
[Reply]
notorious 10:27 AM 01-14-2021
Bold font is bold.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
as far as getting back to the game a big part is going to be the ability to get pressure with only rushing 4. isnt KC's oline banged up ?

will KC blitz often ? baker has been one of the best against the blitz the last half of the year .

and i know mahomes is a master against the blitz
Yes, the OL has been banged up. Sunday will be the healthiest it has been in about two months. Starting LT Eric Fisher had some nagging injuries that affected his play, and subRT Mike Rammers had a back issue.

They're still down two starters from Day 1 of the season - LG Osemele and All-Pro RT Mitchell Schwartz - but this will be the best it's been or will be unless Schwartz miraculously returns during the playoffs.

New Orleans has a great front four with three studs (Hendrickson, Jordan, and Rankins) and gave Mahomes a lot of pressure, but he worked free of it. Cleveland is going to need more than just Garret to consistently pressure Mahomes or pressure him enough to cause real issues. Would be a big day for Sheldon Richardson to step up and make plays...

KC will blitz, but Spagnuolo is really creative in showing a lot of potential blitzers and disguising who is actually coming - and how. It's not a typical mad blitzing package, and that disguise has given a lot of QBs trouble in finding hot routes against it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:32 AM 01-14-2021
The Saints game was the worst I’ve ever seen Mahomes protected and they still scored 32 on a top 2-3 NFL defense.

I expect they’ll play better as we had Fisher far from 100% that day and a guard starting at RT.

Point being, if things don’t fall apart from here in terms of health, the OL should not keep this team from winning the games to come.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:32 AM 01-14-2021
If they are locked in for 60 minutes, there is not a team in the league beating the Chiefs.

Can you elaborate on what the Falcons did so well against the Chiefs, i didnt see anything except the ending of the game.
[/B]
Agree with the first point.

The Falcons did a couple of things really well:

1) Grady Jarrett played a GREAT game and created a lot of pressure inside
2) They were incredibly disciplined and executed really well. I don't think KC had its best gameplan against Atlanta... the Falcons were creating pressure and doing a good job bracketing longer, slower-developing routes, and KC didn't adjust. They also exposed a tendency of Mahomes - rushing their DEs straight up the field, unconventionally, to try to cut Mahomes off when he tried to bail from the pocket. This worked really well.

I think Bob Sutton, who is a consultant for the Falcons, helped them prep a REALLY good gameplan that they then executed at an extremely high level.

KC didn't adjust well, either. Not enough short routes, though some of that may have been keeping new tricks and concepts in the bag for the playoffs.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:40 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yes, the OL has been banged up. Sunday will be the healthiest it has been in about two months. Starting LT Eric Fisher had some nagging injuries that affected his play, and subRT Mike Rammers had a back issue.

They're still down two starters from Day 1 of the season - LG Osemele and All-Pro RT Mitchell Schwartz - but this will be the best it's been or will be unless Schwartz miraculously returns during the playoffs.

New Orleans has a great front four with three studs (Hendrickson, Jordan, and Rankins) and gave Mahomes a lot of pressure, but he worked free of it. Cleveland is going to need more than just Garret to consistently pressure Mahomes or pressure him enough to cause real issues. Would be a big day for Sheldon Richardson to step up and make plays...

KC will blitz, but Spagnuolo is really creative in showing a lot of potential blitzers and disguising who is actually coming - and how. It's not a typical mad blitzing package, and that disguise has given a lot of QBs trouble in finding hot routes against it.

great insight

this will be the first game the browns have had the entire Oline together since early in the season went stretches without Teller #1 rated guard in the nfl , wills, conklin and bitonio have been in and out of the lineup.

they have missed the WR hodge last week as well he is the only deep threat 6'2 4.39 40. all the other receivers are more timing/ route guys but not fast.

hoping they will get hodge and bitonio back today or tomorrow off the covid list.

over the last 3 weeks its been close to 1/2 the entire coaching staff and close to 20 players on the covid list.

today they will have their 2nd practice for the week matching the amount they had over the 3 weeks prior combined as the facility was shut down almost every day.

just a couple reasons they struggled down the stretch.
[Reply]
Mav 10:46 AM 01-14-2021

2) They were incredibly disciplined and executed really well. I don't think KC had its best gameplan against Atlanta... the Falcons were creating pressure and doing a good job bracketing longer, slower-developing routes, and KC didn't adjust. They also exposed a tendency of Mahomes - rushing their DEs straight up the field, unconventionally, to try to cut Mahomes off when he tried to bail from the pocket. This worked really well.

I think Bob Sutton, who is a consultant for the Falcons, helped them prep a REALLY good gameplan that they then executed at an extremely high level.

KC didn't adjust well, either. Not enough short routes, though some of that may have been keeping new tricks and concepts in the bag for the playoffs.
appreciate the insight.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:05 AM 01-14-2021

Grandpa Bob may have done us a favor. He showed Reid a pretty good blueprint for scheming our offense. Something that had been bubbling since Denver. Andy has had 3 weeks since to fix that which is way too much time. I can't wait to see what he's cooked up. But I feel like opening the LAC game with Henne with two early drives where we screened them to perfection was Reid flexing his nuts. We have no idea what to expect from our offense and that should terrify Cleveland.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 AM 01-14-2021
great insight

this will be the first game the browns have had the entire Oline together since early in the season went stretches without Teller #1 rated guard in the nfl , wills, conklin and bitonio have been in and out of the lineup.

they have missed the WR hodge last week as well he is the only deep threat 6'2 4.39 40. all the other receivers are more timing/ route guys but not fast.

hoping they will get hodge and bitonio back today or tomorrow off the covid list.

over the last 3 weeks its been close to 1/2 the entire coaching staff and close to 20 players on the covid list.

today they will have their 2nd practice for the week matching the amount they had over the 3 weeks prior combined as the facility was shut down almost every day.

just a couple reasons they struggled down the stretch.
I’m not sure the Chiefs really 100% game planned for the Falcons. It looks like they lined up and figured they could beat them based off of talent alone. Pretty much the same shit they did against the Chargers at the end of the year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 01-14-2021
they were beat but if they had their WRs they don't.

as far as this game the chiefs i know everyone here loves the team. from the outside other teams fans see close games with the raiders, chargers and panthers and falcons. its the playoffs to say the browns don't have a shot to win with a better team than any of those seems a little bit of red covered glasses.
Other teams fans see close games against those teams because those teams aren't playoff teams.

The Chiefs dominated Buffalo, Baltimore, and Tampa. ON THE ROAD.

And handily beat the Saints.

This Chiefs team plays differently depending on the opponent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 01-14-2021
both games had 40-50 mph sustained winds off the lake neither team could throw the ball more than 5-10 yds accurately thats why both QB's both games had 100-150 yds passing
The wind.

And next it will be a non-throwing shoulder.

Players being injured.

Week 4 so it doesn't count.

I wonder if these guys understand the reason we get so hostile is because we've seen this fucking shit THOUSANDS of times...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 01-14-2021
Yeah, i agree. I mean you go all week putting together a game plan, and then 24 hours before that game you have Tyreke, Watkins, Robinson, and Hardman all put on the close contact covid list, and then have to sign 3 guys from the practice squad to play. Would you expect that game to be held against you? Honestly, its like you guys brushing off the Chargers loss in week 17. The Browns beat the jets 9 out of 10 times if not for that bs.
They beat the Jets 10 times out of 10 if their coach doesn't pass the ball 50 times when they're missing their top 4 WR's.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 101
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up