ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith: "I think [the Chiefs] are only committed to me through this year"
pugsnotdrugs19 04:44 PM 05-17-2017
Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-only-season

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 07:38 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by :
"So I get it, going into year 13. You understand it. At the same time it doesn't change my focus, right? I still feel I've got a lot of years left in me."
Alex, you need to understand you don't.

His peak performance was a few years ago when we played the Colts in the playoffs. Since then he's had a concussion or two and he's been more tentative. Less scrambling, less going deep, etc.

He can still play at a winning level but his skills will only decline with time...
[Reply]
RunKC 07:46 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

[Reply]
notorious 07:48 AM 05-18-2017
Back-breaking INTs
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 AM 05-18-2017
Alex will be pressing hard this year. Bring on the picks!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:55 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Pretty good take IMO. He has not been the same since those two whacks to the head bouncing off of the turf. He played more scared than ever.
He has plenty of money and doesn't want to end up a veg. Can't say as I blame him, but he needs to just buck up or move on.
truth
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:01 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I think this whole "Alex's job was to make KC respectable and transition to a real QB they can win with" line of thinking is just pro-Alex spin.

That's certainly not what was said at the time by Andy Reid or Clark Hunt (we have our first round QB, Alex being able to do everything Andy needs/wants, Alex being able to improve, etc.)

It certainly wasn't the rhetoric of most in favor of the trade or most who defended him after he arrived. "Not his fault! Winning percentage! Smart football!"

Transitional QBs are guys you being in for a year, maybe two. You don't talk up their ability to improve, or become elite starters, or give them lucrative, expensive contract extensions.
Much truth to this post.

I think it was fair to assume he would improve further than he has. The offense sure wasn't "all it could be" until 2016.. and even then, the drop % and poor rushing efficiency was of little help.

The glaring improvement just didn't happen. His pocket composure never hit a high level that some expected, and he stopped using his legs much. There are still others to blame when it comes down to it.. but the bottom line is.. his play hasn't been good enough to lock him in for multiple years at high salary.

KC was wise to get their guy in the draft.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:14 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
:-)

My only point to add to this is that when Mahomes is ready, he takes the reigns of team that has been assembled. If that is in 2017, frigging great!!!
I have no problem with that but at the same time lets be realistic and lets be patient. The kid is raw. He won't be ready this year. He is a shotgun QB who ran a gimmick offense in college. He has a lot to learn.

Also Mahomes better turn out to be good. I have faith in Reid to make it happen but it better happen otherwise I am going to be furious. We are not that far off from a SB w Alex Smith. A lot of good players could have been taken that could have helped us more immediately. Alex Smith didn't say anything like that and he easily could have so lets give Alex credit for that. He also could have been a dick in SF when he got benched but he never was. He helped Kaepernick and kept his mouth shut. Class act.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:50 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I have no problem with that but at the same time lets be realistic and lets be patient. The kid is raw. He won't be ready this year. He is a shotgun QB who ran a gimmick offense in college. He has a lot to learn.

Also Mahomes better turn out to be good. I have faith in Reid to make it happen but it better happen otherwise I am going to be furious. We are not that far off from a SB w Alex Smith. A lot of good players could have been taken that could have helped us more immediately. Alex Smith didn't say anything like that and he easily could have so lets give Alex credit for that. He also could have been a dick in SF when he got benched but he never was. He helped Kaepernick and kept his mouth shut. Class act.
I am being realistic. You don't know that he won't be ready this year anymore than I do that he could be ready to play this year.

The entire offense is back to play around him... this year. Perfect opportunity to transition in... if he can command the huddle. They have already said they are not going to overhaul his mechanics.
[Reply]
Fish 08:54 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

LOL.... NO.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:04 AM 05-18-2017
I'm​ have a prediction. Alex gets cut after this season. He then signs with Denver. Then KnowShit comes on here gushing about how Smith is the missing piece to the Donks next Superfarce.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:06 AM 05-18-2017

[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 05-18-2017
Have fun in your last season Alex. Better hope you don't get hurt or it's ending early.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 05-18-2017
Can't wait to see him go to war with those 15 TDs of his.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:17 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
I think smithy would actually excel with the jags. They have weapons and defensive talent. I even think he would succeed in New England believe it r not
It's not a completely farfetched idea. BB has Brady throw to the check down for 20% of their yards and Edelman is an absolute bruiser in YAC with how they get the ball out quick to him. Smith plays extraordinarily with tight ends too (V Davis / Kelce) so Gronk would still get his due.

If Garropollo is fools gold, Smith would be a bargain option on a 2-3 year deal since Smith feels like he's in shape to play for several more years. The other place I think he would be get offers if he hit free agency is with Denver, the Chargers as they'll need a temp after Rivers or Bruce Arians if he's still coaching the Cards.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:20 AM 05-18-2017
Good morning football panel, Mayock, Chadiha all think Smith finishes out two years...

And then you have Andy Reid saying "I don't worry about Alex on this," head coach Andy Reid said, according to the Kansas City Star's Terez A. Paylor. "Alex knows we trust him. Alex is the starting quarterback. Nothing is going to change there. The kid is going to take some time. He understands that."

This is Alex's job to lose. #GetThatSB
[Reply]
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up