Page 910 of 4790
« First < 410810860900906907908909910 911912913914920960101014101910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:40 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
As far as WR upside I'd rather have Mike Williams, Amari Cooper, and Carlos Henderson than Tyreek Hill.

You're showing off your Stupidity now.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:48 AM 06-21-2017
Tyreek Hill raped Denver last year in all facets. Had a TD receiving, running and returning. He also embarrassed Von Miller on the option handoff twice.

No one player in the division had a bigger impact on their team then Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:52 AM 06-21-2017
As far as a pure WR Amari Cooper is the best. But best All Around player goes to Tyreek. He can run, catch, return kicks.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
As far as a pure WR Amari Cooper is the best. But best All Around player goes to Tyreek. He can run, catch, return kicks.
Right now? Sure.

3-5 years from now Hill will be the better WR though
[Reply]
vailpass 11:56 AM 06-21-2017
I was responding to the question asking why some are saying KC may be in semi rebuild mode. One reason may be that the WR corps, as it stands here and now, is the weakest as a group in the AFC West and in the NFL.
If that is proven wrong this season then those who are saying rebuild will change their tune and if not, they won't.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:57 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Part of that thinking may be due to the fact that on paper KC may have the worst WR corps in the division and one of the least experienced in the NFL.
It's definitely a below average group overall but that's Andy'a offense. Aside from TO, Andy was having Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and Riley Cooper as #2 receivers for many years.

The offense will most likely be predicated on Hill and Kelce being elite mismatch players, then the run game, the RB screen and sometimes the other receivers to mix it up.

With Alex it's probably not much of a difference.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:50 PM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's definitely a below average group overall but that's Andy'a offense. Aside from TO, Andy was having Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and Riley Cooper as #2 receivers for many years.

The offense will most likely be predicated on Hill and Kelce being elite mismatch players, then the run game, the RB screen and sometimes the other receivers to mix it up.

With Alex it's probably not much of a difference.
I have no doubt Reid has a plan for WR. I also don't think Reid got where he is by drafting R1QB and giving him no WR.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:55 PM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The guy was pretty much our #1 WR last year and gave some of the best corners in the league trouble as a rookie. He wasn't just a ST's guy contrary to popular belief.
Hill was able to get a lot of dump passes because a guy like Maclin was out there and a guy like Kelce was the true top receiving threat. Hill wasn't the 'go to' guy and without someone like Maclin out there in 2017, it will be interesting with him trying to reproduce those numbers.

Hill is an amazing talent, but asking him to be the #1 WR... that may not be the best thing for him and what he can do for that offense. No 100 yard receiving games and only 3 over 60, with a 9.7 Y/R. Lots of dump passes and he did a lot with them at times. But, I think it's a mistake to make him a #1 threat... if you really want to maximize his gifts, I think that's the wrong way to go about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Hill was able to get a lot of dump passes because a guy like Maclin was out there and a guy like Kelce was the true top receiving threat. Hill wasn't the 'go to' guy and without someone like Maclin out there in 2017, it will be interesting with him trying to reproduce those numbers.

Hill is an amazing talent, but asking him to be the #1 WR... that may not be the best thing for him and what he can do for that offense. No 100 yard receiving games and only 3 over 60, with a 9.7 Y/R. Lots of dump passes and he did a lot with them at times. But, I think it's a mistake to make him a #1 threat... if you really want to maximize his gifts, I think that's the wrong way to go about it.
Lol ok
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:08 PM 06-21-2017
Lol ok
If you read that as a slam towards Hill, you misread it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:09 PM 06-21-2017

Buddy... Please name a WR on this squad that did have a 100 yard game
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 06-21-2017
If you read that as a slam towards Hill, you misread it.
No I read it as you don't know shit about Hill :-)

Who gives a fuck if he didn't have a 100 yard game with Alex throwing him the ball? He had almost 600 yards receiving alone playing less than 50% of the passing snaps.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:16 PM 06-21-2017
My general rule as a coach would be, "Give the ball the most to the best player". For that reason, you make Tyreek the #1 receiver and don't look back. Productivity per touch will likely go down compared to using him sparingly, but overall productivity will go up.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:40 PM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I have no doubt Reid has a plan for WR. I also don't think Reid got where he is by drafting R1QB and giving him no WR.
Honestly I think Conley can be a nice receiver but he will never fit Alex and he'll never have success with him throwing the ball.

He's like Martavis Bryant so I'n excited to see what a QB like Mahomes can do with him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:47 PM 06-21-2017
No I read it as you don't know shit about Hill :-)

Who gives a **** if he didn't have a 100 yard game with Alex throwing him the ball? He had almost 600 yards receiving alone playing less than 50% of the passing snaps.
You're missing my point a bit... I think Hill will continue to thrive if there are others to take focus away from him. Other than Kelce, it doesn't exist at this point. Nothing known. Could that change? Sure.

So, my point is... if Hill is truly the 2nd best guy out there (because Kelce is the best option) and nobody is taking the heat off him, I don't see him becoming a more dynamic or productive threat.
[Reply]
Page 910 of 4790
« First < 410810860900906907908909910 911912913914920960101014101910 > Last »
Up