ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:37 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
California is the most liberal state in the country. They will let anyone out of anything.
Obviously you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. California and other liberal states have led the charge on vaccination mandates. I just moved to Texas where there are exemptions.
[Reply]
Donger 11:37 AM 04-15-2021
Politics, fellas...
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:39 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I definitely see many of the same people claiming the CDC is not trustworthy, arguing against the vaccine because of lack of FDA approval. It's weird.

I would only note that while the CDC message has been a real shitshow throughout this, it's just as much due to lack of information as it is misinformation. They were really unprepared for anything like this. What we know today is so vastly different than what we knew 1 year ago. This novel virus clearly works very differently than other existing ones. They had to make some really difficult decisions regarding a virus that didn't exist only a few months prior.
Yep, it's been bad and a no-win situation for them. Anything they say will just get miscommunicated anyway, so the biggest thing is to be concise, yet they've done the opposite of that.

They act like they're chatting with a bartender about it, when they should be providing facts and a brief reasoning.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:46 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Obviously you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. California and other liberal states have led the charge on vaccination mandates. I just moved to Texas where there are exemptions.
If there is a state that will let you out of getting a vaccine it will be a state like California where they will accept any answer as to not offend someone.
You are coming across as someone that doesn't have a "qualifying" reason and is not liking what is going on and is crying wolf, I should say a little baby.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:03 PM 04-15-2021
If there is a state that will let you out of getting a vaccine it will be a state like California where they will accept any answer as to not offend someone.
You are coming across as someone that doesn't have a "qualifying" reason and is not liking what is going on and is crying wolf, I should say a little baby.
:-) OK. Wrong about everything so sling mud. You know what's best for everyone I'm sure even though you couldn't be more wrong on legislation.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:11 PM 04-15-2021
You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop. Your ignorant generalities couldn't be further from the truth and you're doing a fine job of making an ass out of yourself.
[Reply]
Donger 12:30 PM 04-15-2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/healt...cdc/index.html

(CNN)About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization.

This is the CDC's first public accounting of breakthrough cases, and the agency is searching for patterns based on patient age and gender, location, type of vaccine, variants and other factors.

"So far, about 5,800 breakthrough cases have been reported to CDC. To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in case demographics or vaccine characteristics," the CDC told CNN via email.

About 77 million people in the US are fully vaccinated against coronavirus, according to a CNN analysis of CDC data. The CDC's reports on breakthrough cases will lag day-to-day reports of vaccines given, so many, if not most, of those breakthrough cases will have happened weeks ago.

Nonetheless, the total represents a very small percentage of those who have been vaccinated.

Breakthrough cases are expected. The vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing infections and as tens of millions of people are vaccinated, more and more such cases will be reported.

Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine was 95% effective in preventing symptomatic disease in clinical trials, and earlier this month the companies said real-life data in the US shows the vaccine is more than 91% effective against disease with any symptoms for six months. Moderna's vaccine was 94% effective in preventing symptomatic illness in trials, and 90% effective in real life use. Johnson & Johnson's vaccine was 66% overall globally in trials, and 72% effective at preventing disease in the US.

CDC will be looking for clues about who is most prone to become infected despite having been vaccinated.

"Vaccine breakthrough infections were reported among all people of all ages eligible for vaccination. However, a little over 40% of the infections were in people 60 or more years of age," the CDC said.

Most, 65%, were female and 29% of the so-called breakthrough infections were asymptomatic. "CDC is monitoring reported cases for clustering by patient demographics, geographic location, time since vaccination, vaccine type or lot number, and SARS-CoV-2 lineage," the CDC said.

Plus, samples from cases will be tested to see how many are caused by variants and if so, which ones.

"CDC has developed a national COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough database where state health department investigators can currently enter, store, and manage data for cases in their jurisdiction," the CDC said.

"Vaccine breakthrough infections make up a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated. CDC recommends that all eligible people get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as one is available to them. CDC also continues to recommend people who have been fully vaccinated should keep taking precautions in public places, like wearing a mask, staying at least six feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing their hands often."

Outside experts agreed.

The likelihood of these "very rare" infections depends on how much virus is circulating within a community, Dr. Kawsar Talaat, an infectious disease physician and assistant professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told CNN.

"That's the whole point of getting to herd immunity," Talaat said. "Because once we get to a point where enough people in the community are vaccinated, then if somebody develops Covid in that community, the people around them are protected and it's much harder for that person to spread the virus to somebody else, and therefore the transmission stops."

Less transmission means fewer breakthrough cases, said Dr. Carlos del Rio, executive associate dean at Emory University School of Medicine.

"There is currently a lot of transmission in many parts of the country. Vaccines will help decrease that," del Rio said. "Get vaccinated as soon as you can and help control this pandemic."
[Reply]
tk13 12:43 PM 04-15-2021
There is a reality that we don't know how long vaccines will last and what the results of the vaccine look like after a year. It is true.

What blows a hole in that argument... is that we don't know the same for COVID. We don't really know the long term effects on your organs or circulatory system. We've pretty clearly seen that COVID can cause heart, lung, kidney damage, that is not a debatable fact. And there is no idea how that's going to affect your long term health because it hasn't been around long enough. It's not like the only options are get a vaccine or go through the rest of your life healthy. There is a third option that cause do a lot of damage, even in younger healthy people. So this really isn't a simple conversation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep, it's been bad and a no-win situation for them. Anything they say will just get miscommunicated anyway, so the biggest thing is to be concise, yet they've done the opposite of that.

They act like they're chatting with a bartender about it, when they should be providing facts and a brief reasoning.
Having dealt now with government bureaucracies for just over half a decade, I can say that the biggest problem is that the "average" American doesn't understand "facts and brief reasoning" while the average government bureaucrat, rightly or wrongly, thinks the average American is unworthy of intellectual honesty due to their stupidity.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:26 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Having dealt now with government bureaucracies for just over half a decade, I can say that the biggest problem is that the "average" American doesn't understand "facts and brief reasoning" while the average government bureaucrat, rightly or wrongly, thinks the average American is unworthy of intellectual honesty due to their stupidity.
They're basically right... and throw in the media, youtube/blogger doctors, etc; and it's a complete shitshow.

As a mod team, we used to waste hours and hours explaining mod actions over and over.... and over.... and over. And at some point we realized we're not responsible for reading comprehension or understanding beyond stating what happened and the decisions made.

Covid is far more complicated, of course, but just made me think of that lesson learned. Your messaging will rarely be as crystal clear as you think it is, but the same is true every time you clarify a point.... so, say what you need, click 'send and let it go.... there's no fixing anything after that.

(but, I'm still not great at it)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:47 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
My exemption is “I’m not taking that shit. “
[Reply]
teedubya 04:12 PM 04-15-2021
Everyone. Please get 2-5 vaccinations to be EXTRA sure you don't get sick. Or, I don't know, build up your immunity system with Vitamin D3, Zinc, or magnesium. But that's not talked about, because it doesn't put money in Big Pharma coffers. So, never mind.

Get all the vaccines, you guys!!
[Reply]
teedubya 04:13 PM 04-15-2021
And please, by all means, post your vaccine card on social media so that way we can see your sweet virtue signal.
[Reply]
Donger 04:24 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Everyone. Please get 2-5 vaccinations to be EXTRA sure you don't get sick. Or, I don't know, build up your immunity system with Vitamin D3, Zinc, or magnesium. But that's not talked about, because it doesn't put money in Big Pharma coffers. So, never mind.

Get all the vaccines, you guys!!
I thought FUKUSHIMA was going to kill us all?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:44 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by teedubya:
And please, by all means, post your vaccine card on social media so that way we can see your sweet virtue signal.
I might imagine most people post it on social media because it represents overcoming a pandemic that’s killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country and persevering through a difficult year. Only the most insecure read it as an affront and a signal of sweet, sweet virtue.

You do you though!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up