ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
Yes - coronavirus issues will be taken care of by then 51 40.80%
Yes - but in a dramatically reduced way (e.g., no fans, limited games, etc.) 46 36.80%
Nope - chances are the whole season will be cancelled 28 22.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
DaFace 12:04 PM 04-01-2020
Because WTF else do we have to talk about...
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:07 PM 04-01-2020
What if things clear up in December or thereabouts? Would the NFL hold a season where opening day is December 1st and the Super Bowl is in April, right before the draft? Interesting to think about. Other than mucking up free agency, I don't really see a downside.
[Reply]
Graystoke 05:25 PM 04-01-2020
I am thinking No.
Hoping for the very least to have games without fans, but it only takes a couple of positive for Covid Athletes to end it all
[Reply]
TLO 05:28 PM 04-01-2020
My optimistic nature wants to say yes. We just don't know yet... and likely won't know until July or August.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:29 PM 04-01-2020
Those that voted the top option, virus will be taken care of by then, I am guessing you are not counting OTAs and mini camps are part of the "season" as those start next month. This stuff will not be taken care of by then where things are back to normal.
[Reply]
tk13 05:29 PM 04-01-2020
Who knows. It's possible they are able to go off in September, the catch may be getting through the whole season if this flares back up next winter. You certainly could see it come back and start to build again in November or December.
[Reply]
backinblack 05:30 PM 04-01-2020
One thing is the construction of the stadiums in Vegas and Inglewood hasn't halted, even though Los Angeles County has been locked down for weeks now, and even though a worker at the Vegas stadium tested positive. That kind of tells you the NFL really wants this season to start on time.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
One thing is the construction of the stadiums in Vegas and Inglewood hasn't halted, even though Los Angeles County has been locked down for weeks now, and even though a worker at the Vegas stadium tested positive. That kind of tells you the NFL really wants this season to start on time.
Saw a crawl today that the NFL expects to start in September.

And apparently construction in considered "essential". There's a shitload of road work going on here.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:55 PM 04-01-2020
I think they will play games in Antarctica.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:13 PM 04-01-2020
I highly doubt it.

What team is going to want to go to NY a couple months after losing tons of people to a virus?

I can see them having a season with no fans in the stadium and played in locations without outbreaks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:38 AM 04-02-2020
The curve must be flattened by August.

[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 06:31 AM 04-02-2020
The curve will be flattened by August, but I'm afraid some form of lighter social distancing will still need to be enforced until either a vaccine or a cure is found, or the whole population develops immunity, and that will hardly happen by August.
Doubt large gatherings of people will be allowed before the problem is solved.
I think we're facing a delay of the start of the season in the hope of a vaccine. Besides the problem with large gatherings, the NFL won't risk players getting infected.
[Reply]
JD10367 10:06 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I can see them having a season with no fans in the stadium . . .
So, for the Chargers, Bengals, Bucs and Raiders, business as usual.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:13 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
6 game regular season.

20 team playoff
Screw it at that point.

0 game regular season.

32 team playoffs.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:15 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I probably shouldn't reveal this, but Sandbox Simulations is in discussions now to simulate the 2020 season for the NFL.
Can we go back and simulate 2020 March Madness?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:53 PM 04-02-2020
If there is an NFL season, there may not be any fans in the stadiums. I think there's a chance we're locked at home as late as late July/early August, and I think there's a chance the virus returns with a vengeance in the fall. Cause, you know, once people are allowed outside again, they're going to go nuts and probably infect the hell out of each other.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up