ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
Yes - coronavirus issues will be taken care of by then 51 40.80%
Yes - but in a dramatically reduced way (e.g., no fans, limited games, etc.) 46 36.80%
Nope - chances are the whole season will be cancelled 28 22.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
DaFace 12:04 PM 04-01-2020
Because WTF else do we have to talk about...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:44 PM 04-01-2020
No.

BREAKING NEWS:

The NFL has just announced that the 2020 NFL season will be cancelled, due to the COVID-19 pandemic currently sweeping the nation. Sources have said the Kansas City Chiefs will be named as 2020 *Official* NFL champions for the second consecutive season, citing the All Valley Under 18 Karate Championship clause.

More news on this story as it becomes available.
[Reply]
oldman 03:52 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

It's going to be difficult for teams going through drastic personnel changes. When the Chiefs completely renovated their defense last year, they had the benefit of a full offseason. With a brand new scheme, new personnel, and entirely new coaching staff, it still took us until like Week 10 to figure our shit out.

Teams that keep their coaches and key players intact are going to have a huge advantage. Some teams that are seeing those significant changes at the QB position might be otherwise great teams, but they'll be missing all of the offseason work. I imagine those teams will find themselves in deep holes in the W-L column early on, and they might not be able to work their way out.
You make a valid point. This may be why we're staying pretty well pat during the FA period and not cutting anyone. We haven't lost a great deal except for the secondary and Veach may figure he can find enough diamonds in the bargain bin or draft.

The other question is will all the current owners be able to stay in the game? The Hunts have more money than most, but guys like Spanos may be in trouble, even for a billionaire. The networks will probably demand for a reduction in fees if the season is shortened and there's lost revenue in ticket sales.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:54 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m guessing it will but OTA and maybe TC won’t happen.
No OTAs for sure imo
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:56 PM 04-01-2020
If this isn't under control by mid summer we are done for a long time... Hopefully we will soon have therapeutics which will lessen the symptoms and allow herd immunity to develop. I am confident this won't be an issue in the fall, if it is, we are screwed for a long time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:57 PM 04-01-2020
I’m not willing to make a prediction just yet, fall is still many months away and much could happen between now and then
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:58 PM 04-01-2020
i can see games with no fans or limited fans. Still have a good what 4 months? Hopefully people stay the fuck home get this shit over with.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:15 PM 04-01-2020
Wish I could be optimistic but there is zero sign of this shit slowing down.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:29 PM 04-01-2020
6 game regular season.

20 team playoff
[Reply]
stumppy 04:33 PM 04-01-2020
Only if we get this thing over 5000 posts.
[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww YEAH
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 04:39 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Awwww shit here we go again! lol
[Reply]
JD10367 04:43 PM 04-01-2020
I believe a run of the mill vaccine takes 12-18 months from testing to release. But no disease has ever shut down the planet like this. I think they'll start live testing far earlier than normal, risking subjects, weighing the importance of a vaccine. I think April and May are gone, and probably June. But by training camp start, I think the virus will be clearing up. It might mean less practice time and more sloppy early-season games but I think the season will kick off as normal.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:47 PM 04-01-2020
I think summer will kill the virus in the US, but I guess that's TBD based on what happens in Florida, Arizona, etc; in the next few weeks.

The NBA and NHL have the advantage of possibly playing a shortened season to see if it kicks into high gear in Oct/Nov..... not sure if the NFL would actually do that, but I'm guessing they would start the season and see what happens.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:47 PM 04-01-2020
Right. There are roughly a dozen and a half facilities in isolated areas of the country that have the capability to host ~250 people comfortably for weeks at a time and pose no risk of either outsiders infecting players and personnel or vice versa.

:-)
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:05 PM 04-01-2020
Football at all levels is done this year, maybe in 2021, maybe.

Yes, that will totally suck but that is what we are looking at.

The internet is always about ...YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!....I pray to God I am wrong about this.

I am not religious, but it's all there, and it's scarey.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up