ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
Yes - coronavirus issues will be taken care of by then 51 40.80%
Yes - but in a dramatically reduced way (e.g., no fans, limited games, etc.) 46 36.80%
Nope - chances are the whole season will be cancelled 28 22.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
DaFace 12:04 PM 04-01-2020
Because WTF else do we have to talk about...
[Reply]
2112 12:05 PM 04-01-2020
Will the stadiums be half full because of social distancing?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:07 PM 04-01-2020
I’m guessing it will but OTA and maybe TC won’t happen.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:10 PM 04-01-2020
I think the NFL will try to brute force it to happen, but I can't imagine we'll be able to have 75k fans in one place this fall. And I bet the on-field product will be a little shite since all of the players are going to be very out of shape with no gyms open right now.
[Reply]
backinblack 12:11 PM 04-01-2020
With the Olympics pushed off now, I'm leaning towards "no". At least not on time, maybe the season will be truncated. I'm hopeful though.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the NFL will try to brute force it to happen, but I can't imagine we'll be able to have 75k fans in one place this fall. And I bet the on-field product will be a little shite since all of the players are going to be very out of shape with no gyms open right now.
They will be waiting for someone else to go first, they sure as shit aren't going first because they won't chance that backlash, they'll run a bunch of nflcares# ads before they do that.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 PM 04-01-2020
I wonder if they would try to have games in places that are not being affected very much. North/South Dakota, Wyoming etc where there aren’t many people.

Maybe play at a college stadium with no fans? Testing will be fully attainable by then so that would help.

Just a thought
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 12:17 PM 04-01-2020
If this isn't under control by September we have bigger problems than the NFL season starting.

I think it'll be contained by then. Normal start, unless they cancel it out before we have it under control.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:36 PM 04-01-2020
It's definitely gonna happen, it's just a matter of when/how. I could see them cutting the season to 12 games and eliminating the 4 out of conference games.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:43 PM 04-01-2020
My brother-in-law is a chief of police.

Based upon the briefings he gets, he doesnt think we'll be able to have thousands of people gathered in one area for several months (goodbye summer concerts).

Will be interesting if that improves in time for September - but it's not looking good right now.

Of course (disclaimer), the most important thing is getting a handle on this and preventing as many people from dying as possible.
[Reply]
backinblack 12:52 PM 04-01-2020
if they do start the season on time I do wonder if they'll still try to do the international games as well, or keep them in the country.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:26 PM 04-01-2020
I probably shouldn't reveal this, but Sandbox Simulations is in discussions now to simulate the 2020 season for the NFL.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
My brother-in-law is a chief of police.

Based upon the briefings he gets, he doesnt think we'll be able to have thousands of people gathered in one area for several months (goodbye summer concerts).

Will be interesting if that improves in time for September - but it's not looking good right now.

Of course (disclaimer), the most important thing is getting a handle on this and preventing as many people from dying as possible.
But they will certainly play games without fans before they cancel the season.
[Reply]
scho63 01:37 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Because WTF else do we have to talk about...
Your momma? :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:38 PM 04-01-2020
There will be an NFL season, if we're to take anything away from this recent league meeting and subsequent announcement. Yes, it will probably look different-- likely won't be in front of fans. But we'll have a season.

It's going to be difficult for teams going through drastic personnel changes. When the Chiefs completely renovated their defense last year, they had the benefit of a full offseason. With a brand new scheme, new personnel, and entirely new coaching staff, it still took us until like Week 10 to figure our shit out.

Teams that keep their coaches and key players intact are going to have a huge advantage. Some teams that are seeing those significant changes at the QB position might be otherwise great teams, but they'll be missing all of the offseason work. I imagine those teams will find themselves in deep holes in the W-L column early on, and they might not be able to work their way out.

Kansas City is going to rape some faces this year.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up