ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 47
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?
Trivers 09:25 AM 03-26-2020
How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:37 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
But you still get loan forgiveness via the PPP, plus rent, utilities, and mortgage interest and can still roll the EIDL in.

So, hypothetically, if you cover payroll with your PPP, and still get the $10K forgiveness on the EIDL bridge, why wouldn't you do that?
I’m going to apply for both for sure. But I learned long ago with government promises I won’t count it until the check clears.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:44 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m going to apply for both for sure. But I learned long ago with government promises I won’t count it until the check clears.
no argument from me....but I actually expect there to be more forgiveness than anticipated. So if you can get funded, then do it. My reasoning is a little long-winded, and just my opinion, but get the cash in hand now if you can
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:35 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Landlords...what are you telling your tenants?

Some I pay the utilities, others I do not. Nonetheless, one of my tenants is insinuating that he should not have to pay his rent. If he doesn't pay his rent, I still have to pay the house payment, the utilities, the cable, the heat, the taxes, insurance etc. Why would I continue to pay utilities if you don't even pay me rent?

He is also indicating some apartment complex waived their rent for 4-months. How would they even survive? I'm not some big conglomerate corporation.

Also, when is this Govt payment going to be direct deposited? Do we have a firm date?
This is why I'm glad I'm not a landlord right now. You're in a lose/lose situation if it's someone that lost their job.

Have them pay rent as normal? They may not have enough money to keep living, but you can pay your normal bills.

Give them the month off? They have enough money to survive, but you may not be able to pay your normal bills.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 08:57 PM 04-02-2020
Chase is telling us they wont have anything for us tomorrow...

"Financial institutions like ours are still awaiting guidance from the SBA and the U.S. Treasury. As a result, Chase will most likely not be able to start accepting applications on Friday, April 3rd, as we had hoped."

https://recovery.chase.com/contingency-plan
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:14 PM 04-02-2020
My local bank will start submitting applications tomorrow. However, they haven't heard back from the SBA on their request for additional user licenses. So they can only have one employee submitting apps at a time. Many of the other area banks aren't doing the PPP or don't really have their ducks in a row yet. My bank has been sending me updates multiple times per day as this evolves. I've sent all of my info and completed app to the bank in advance. Thank you very much for being a voice of reason when I was sleep deprived and stressed, mililo4cpa. If everything works out with the PPP, and it should, then my business will most certainly be just fine even if shit got real, real bad for six months.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:44 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Chase is telling us they wont have anything for us tomorrow...

"Financial institutions like ours are still awaiting guidance from the SBA and the U.S. Treasury. As a result, Chase will most likely not be able to start accepting applications on Friday, April 3rd, as we had hoped."

https://recovery.chase.com/contingency-plan
one of my consultants confirmed the same (working with a client this morning to get their app in through Chase).

So far, only bank I've heard so far....will report if others are out there
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:15 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Landlords...what are you telling your tenants?

Some I pay the utilities, others I do not. Nonetheless, one of my tenants is insinuating that he should not have to pay his rent. If he doesn't pay his rent, I still have to pay the house payment, the utilities, the cable, the heat, the taxes, insurance etc. Why would I continue to pay utilities if you don't even pay me rent?

He is also indicating some apartment complex waived their rent for 4-months. How would they even survive? I'm not some big conglomerate corporation.

Also, when is this Govt payment going to be direct deposited? Do we have a firm date?
I haven't gotten the dreaded calls yet but I know they are coming. I plan to empathize with them. I will ask them how much they can pay now and the rest will be deferred until July to pay out over 6 months. Also I want some kind of documentation they are not working.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:13 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I haven't gotten the dreaded calls yet but I know they are coming. I plan to empathize with them. I will ask them how much they can pay now and the rest will be deferred until July to pay out over 6 months. Also I want some kind of documentation they are not working.
your'e good man Hog.

Please realize they dread making that call, too.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:25 AM 04-03-2020
Apparently, Bank of America's portal is up?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:43 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Apparently, Bank of America's portal is up?
I just had one of my consultants, who is helping a client put in their application to BoA tell me that BoA is telling our client that unless they already have an existing credit relationship (i.e. line of credit or other borrowings), that the SBA is not allowing them to accept PPP loan requests. NOTE: This client has all of their existing checking and savings accounts with BoA

This is not a requirement for PPP eligibility, so I think BoA is giving them a load of shit. I told my consultant to, with our clients, call their relationship manager and physically tell them where in the CARES act or SBA 7(a) does that state it is a requirement.

It's bullshit because there are millions of small businesses that deal with non-SBA lenders, who will need to go to SBA lenders to get the PPP. I understand that there will need to be accounts established, and some credit underwriting performed for new customers, but that shouldn't proclude anyone from getting access to the funds.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:48 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I just had one of my consultants, who is helping a client put in their application to BoA tell me that BoA is telling our client that unless they already have an existing credit relationship (i.e. line of credit or other borrowings), that the SBA is not allowing them to accept PPP loan requests. NOTE: This client has all of their existing checking and savings accounts with BoA

This is not a requirement for PPP eligibility, so I think BoA is giving them a load of shit. I told my consultant to, with our clients, call their relationship manager and physically tell them where in the CARES act or SBA 7(a) does that state it is a requirement.

It's bullshit because there are millions of small businesses that deal with non-SBA lenders, who will need to go to SBA lenders to get the PPP. I understand that there will need to be accounts established, and some credit underwriting performed for new customers, but that shouldn't proclude anyone from getting access to the funds.
P.S. I believe they made the application in person, not portal....not 100% sure on this
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:02 AM 04-03-2020
Also, SBA raised the fixed rate from .05% to 1%, but also stream-lined the application process....

https://bankingjournal.aba.com/2020/...program-loans/
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:03 AM 04-03-2020
I'm told that there's another new app. https://home.treasury.gov/system/fil...30-2020-v3.pdf
[Reply]
blake5676 08:03 AM 04-03-2020
Spoiler!

This is the email information I just received from BOA. I have two business checking accounts with them but no lending as I've never needed a loan from them and their credit card rewards suck, so I use Chase Ink for business. Reading this makes it sound as though I'll be pretty low priority for them to process my application.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:16 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I'm told that there's another new app. https://home.treasury.gov/system/fil...30-2020-v3.pdf
It's quite possible, as the treasury made last minute changes last night to stream-line the process....so this app may reflect that
[Reply]
Page 19 of 47
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up