View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
cripple creek 03:11 PM 03-14-2020
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/atta...1&d=1584220221
Attached: doggy style wiping .jpg (44.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Bump 03:11 PM 03-14-2020
I believe it's because the media started reporting that costco and other places were selling out of toilet paper and like NPC's they all started rushing for the TP.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:23 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The first group of people who were hoarding toilet paper were stupidly caught up in the COVID-19 hysteria and now the rest of us have no choice but to panic buy as well since the in-store inventory is so low.
Sadly, this is pretty much the case. Especially with the prospect of things continuing to spiral out of control.

Personally, we had plenty of TP on hand, but bought a single extra package just in case. There are only two of us, so we easily have enough now to last a few months.

I figure if we end up running out at that point, asswipe will be the least of our worries.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 03:32 PM 03-14-2020
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People were too stupid to realize that there is/was no shortage of anything necessary to survive. So instead they panicked about the virus, hoarded items (which other people saw), created a shortage, and now we have a halfway panic going.

On the plus side, there is only so much that people can hoard. Unless this is going to kickstart the real estate market and people will be forced to buy bigger homes to make room for their mountains of toilet paper.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:35 PM 03-14-2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t....co/YPeXEot79a

It was assholes.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:36 PM 03-14-2020
I installed a bidet seat on my toilet about 2 months ago.

I'm feeling great about life and great about my shiny clean butthole.
[Reply]
srvy 03:39 PM 03-14-2020
A lot of small businesses buy TP cleaning supplies etc from big box stores such as Costco and Sams Club. Sams Club doesn't allow regular members in till after 10AM business members at 8AM. I was at the Sams right after 10AM a couple of weeks ago and saw vehicles at the pickup having those big carts being offloaded into trucks and vans full of TP paper towels and cleaning stuff. Folks come in after to shop and see the TP nearly gone when it's normally full up in rafters and the hoarding commences.
[Reply]
Donger 03:44 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I installed a bidet seat on my toilet about 2 months ago.

I'm feeling great about life and great about my shiny clean butthole.
How do you know it's shiny?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:45 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t....co/YPeXEot79a

It was assholes.
People are extremely selfish idiots.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 03:46 PM 03-14-2020
I know most of you like to make fun of people who live in Florida. But people in Florida know how to store extra water and TP from Hurricane Preparedness. Especially those of us that live on islands.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
I know most of you like to make fun of people who live in Florida. But people in Florida know how to store extra water and TP from Hurricane Preparedness. Especially those of us that live on islands.
What kind of idiot lives on an island in the middle of a hurricane zone? That’s like living in a treehouse in Tulsa Oklahoma.
[Reply]
Spott 03:55 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It was really interesting to me that the Walmart TP shelves were completely empty while Target was still fully stocked. Of course, that changed after a few days and Target was bare as well. It was simply interesting that the extreme idiots appear to prefer teh Walmarts.
I went to Whole Foods today and it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t even check for TP because we didn’t need any. It seemed pretty normal there although they were low on some random items like bananas, granola and spaghetti. Other than that it was pretty normal. It may cost more to shop there, but it’s definitely worth it to not have to deal with Walmart.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:19 PM 03-14-2020
My Walgreen’s was keeping packs of TP behind the checkout and limiting customers to one. I told them I appreciated that.

Talked to several people while running errands today and was encouraged by how many were rolling their eyes at the hoarders.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:31 PM 03-14-2020
I wonder how many TP hoarding idiots we have on CP?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:39 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
There is no shortage of TP, the stores will be restocked plus some soon. So it is not particularly selfish, just incredibly stupid.
It's selfish... someone at work yesterday said they went to three different stores to find some because they actually needed some TP. And someone started grabbing a bunch, so they grabbed more than they needed because fuck everyone.

The ripple effect of otherwise intelligent people who are actually out of TP and are now doing the same thing is kind of dumb... to your point, stores will restock. But, I don't entirely blame those people for taking an extra package just in case.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up