ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>So what do we get for Jonesy?
Chris Meck 08:57 AM 02-17-2020
Man, the more I look at the cap numbers and our cache of picks as well as the areas in which we need to improve our talent level...the more I just think we kind of HAVE to tag and trade Jones and let Watkins go as well.

I don't think we get a Khalil Mack haul, but I've seen a mid #2 floated as well. I think that's horseshit.

What do you think we get in a tag-and-trade scenario for Jones?

What (if any) compensation do you think we'd receive for Watkins?
[Reply]
Hoover 01:09 PM 02-20-2020
And you're right, you add Jones to that defense and its a top 15 unit. And their entire roster isn't that bad really. If NE tanks they could be a playoff team with a legit QB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So do you think we could get picks 18 & 70 for Jones, or could we get 26 and 56?

I'd be down for either.
My guess is a 1st and a 3rd. I’d be ecstatic to get a 1st and a 2nd.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:43 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
For Watkins, I just don't see a team giving up draft capital for the right to overpay Sammy for one year. The team trading for him will absorb a $14 million cap hit, which is expensive, but not insane. The question for a Sammy trade is whether or not there's a team out there that would prefer to get him on an expensive one-year deal VS getting him on a cheaper long-term deal. He's an elite WR2 with an injury history that is getting cut unless rescued by a trade. That's going to push his value down.

We're not getting anything substantial in a Sammy Watkins trade.
I don't agree. Watkins contact lends itself to a long term extension with conversion of the 14 million to signing bonus and therefore prorated over the contract.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:53 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I don't agree. Watkins contact lends itself to a long term extension with conversion of the 14 million to signing bonus and therefore prorated over the contract.
While I tend to agree, I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. Sammy is 26, still in his prime, and you have to realize that AJ Green is going to be asking for 15M a season. I think a WR team like the Packers. They could rent him for a year or get him in and extend him to make the contract more friendly. He's exactly what Rogers needs. but probably a pipe dream.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:32 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So do you think we could get picks 18 & 70 for Jones, or could we get 26 and 56?

I'd be down for either.
I tend to think 1-26 and 3-68
[Reply]
O.city 04:21 PM 02-20-2020
Man I just hate trading the guy. I think he's the best most important piece on the defense.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:29 PM 02-20-2020
I don’t think we are trading him with the new CBA. Instead of $10 million average, you can count on a $15-17 million increase with more overall games, gambling and more international games.

Sign him now. Have 2020 be his first year low cap hit and have 1 season (2021) be with a moderately high cap hit.

That extra $5-7 million increase starting in Spring 2022 will help us big time.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:33 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think we are trading him with the new CBA. Instead of $10 million average, you can count on a $15-17 million increase with more overall games, gambling and more international games.

Sign him now. Have 2020 be his first year low cap hit and have 1 season (2021) be with a moderately high cap hit.

That extra $5-7 million increase starting in Spring 2022 will help us big time.
Or, will he want $25m per because of the new CBA?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man I just hate trading the guy. I think he's the best most important piece on the defense.
Nobody WANTS to.

It just may be necessary.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:38 AM 02-21-2020
I think a Frank Clark deal is completely reasonable for Jones. Interior passrush may very well be the 2nd most important thing an NFL team needs.

A 1st this year and a 2nd next year, I anticipate.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nobody WANTS to.

It just may be necessary.
I'd rather trim the fat and go cheap and young elsewhere. He's an elite player and a corner stone of the defense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:16 PM 02-24-2020
Detroit is the best trade partner for Stone Cold.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:07 PM 02-24-2020
Bullshit
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 01:02 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Tag cost will be big, and you can't work any of that cap magic by using signing bonuses etc, can't see him just playing a year on the tag, that would suck for the Chiefs.
We can afford the tag cost next year after we cut Sammy, which we will. $16.8M. However, I don't see Jones playing on a 1 year contract because it's too risky. If he gets hurt, it will jeopardize his chances at a 5 year deal.

The Dolphins makes a ton of sense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:54 PM 02-26-2020
Guy on Twitter who covers the Colts says the Colts would give up 34th & 44th picks for him.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up