ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rogers demeanor...
limested 08:02 PM 01-19-2020
Even when they are winning he always looks like he wishes he was somewhere else.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 04:35 PM 04-02-2020
The Chiefs were extremely fortunate to land Mahomes. The fact that he slid all the way to 10, that Buffalo was STUPID beyond belief to trade down to 28 when they needed a QB themselves, that Pat got to sit an entire year behind an intelligent veteran, that Mahomes is a leader who's not just in it for the money, He has a cannon for an arm with incredible accuracy off virtually any platform, he's extremely mature for his age and knows how to handle adversity, etc, etc, etc......

As long term fans (most here) we've suffered through inadequate coaching, hand-me-down QB's, great defense with terrible QB's, great offense with terrible defense, the list goes on and on.... WE DESERVE A DAMN BREAK. And through luck, incredible scouting, wahtever.... we FINALLY have that QB in Kansas City that literally every team in the NFL wants. Damn it feels good.....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:36 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The two things Pat has than Smith didn't seem to is (a) permanently dropped nads, and (b) command of the field.

When Smith's nads did drop, he could be lethal. He actually had a pretty damned good deep ball. That long touchdown bomb he perfectly dropped in to Hill against NE in 2017 opener is one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen. But I lost count of the number of times an open receiver was doing jumping jacks 30 yards downfield trying to get his attention as he dumped it off in the flat.

Some things you just can't teach.
And that wasn’t even the best throw Smith made in that game. His long TD to Hunt was even better.

Glad we’ve moved on to much better things, but I’ll give credit where it’s due.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:37 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
The Chiefs were extremely fortunate to land Mahomes. The fact that he slid all the way to 10, that Buffalo was STUPID beyond belief to trade down to 28 when they needed a QB themselves, that Pat got to sit an entire year behind an intelligent veteran, that Mahomes is a leader who's not just in it for the money, He has a cannon for an arm with incredible accuracy off virtually any platform, he's extremely mature for his age and knows how to handle adversity, etc, etc, etc......

As long term fans (most here) we've suffered through inadequate coaching, hand-me-down QB's, great defense with terrible QB's, great offense with terrible defense, the list goes on and on.... WE DESERVE A DAMN BREAK. And through luck, incredible scouting, wahtever.... we FINALLY have that QB in Kansas City that literally every team in the NFL wants. Damn it feels good.....
Speaking of which, where is that dumbass Bills fan who was trying to explain to us how they won that trade? He was making that claim as recently as mid season.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:45 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Speaking of which, where is that dumbass Bills fan who was trying to explain to us how they won that trade? He was making that claim as recently as mid season.
Heh. He should put it on a t-shirt. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:50 PM 04-02-2020
California snowflake. Cares about his money. That's it. Never cared to be great.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
California snowflake. Cares about his money. That's it. Never cared to be great.
What an incredibly stupid take, from snout to tail.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:51 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
The abilities and temperament of Patrick Mahomes are not something that Smith deserves credit for.
Yes, that's the bottom line.

Alex helped Patrick in terms of preparing himself on a daily basis, but Mahomes was always a very good kid with a lot of humility. That goes back to his parents more than anyone else. Aaron Rodgers was an arrogant d-bag in college, long before he hung around Brett Favre.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:54 PM 04-02-2020
Aaron Rodgers is one of the very elite QB's of all time, who cares about demeaner, does it really matter?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:31 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Aaron Rodgers is one of the very elite QB's of all time, who cares about demeaner, does it really matter?
When his shitty demeanor creates hate and discontent on the team, it matters a lot. If Rodgers wasn't such a prick he might have more than one ring.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 10:38 PM 04-02-2020
When his shitty demeanor creates hate and discontent on the team, it matters a lot. If Rodgers wasn't such a prick he might have more than one ring.
Who hates him and be specific, where is any proof he's a prick?

The guy needs things done right, if they aren't he has the balls to say something, that is a leader.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:43 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Who hates him and be specific, where is any proof he's a prick?

The guy needs things done right, if they aren't he has the balls to say something, that is a leader.
I read a really detailed article on Rodgers' tenure with Green Bay. It was very eye opening. Dude's a real jackass. Not at all like his media persona.

Might have been from Bleacher Report; you can google it.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:11 PM 04-02-2020
I read a really detailed article on Rodgers' tenure with Green Bay. It was very eye opening. Dude's a real jackass. Not at all like his media persona.

Might have been from Bleacher Report; you can google it.
I've read stuff and there appears to be plenty who stick up for the guy, more about he's demanding and expects things done right, if they aren't yep, a problem.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:16 PM 04-02-2020
If you like Rodgers, good for you. I'm just glad he's somebody else's problem.

My biggest fear regarding Pat is that all the success will go to his head. It happens to the best of them.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:27 PM 04-02-2020
If you like Rodgers, good for you. I'm just glad he's somebody else's problem.

My biggest fear regarding Pat is that all the success will go to his head. It happens to the best of them.
8 time pro bowler, 2 time all pro, considered by everyone to be one of the top 3ish QB's playing today. As he moves up the all time list in stats.

So if he was a sweetheart it would be 10 pro bowls and 3 all pros?

Nobody in the history of pro football has a higher career passer rating.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:00 AM 04-03-2020
Rodgers has such a divided football fan opinion on him. Some think he walks on water and others think he’s the surliest douche in the league. He’s not on speaking terms with his family, but his family seems a bit out there anyway. After his interview with Danica they all took to twitter to express how disappointed and hurt they were that Aaron said he didn’t feel a benevolent God would create a “hell.” Family issues (not the fame going to his head) are actually my biggest fear for Patrick, as astute twitter users on here caught some bad exchanges last year.

Some articles praise Aaron’s locker room presence and some talk about him like he’s captain dickcheese. It’s weird how divided the content is. The crazy thing is how Brett Favre took part in starting a rumor Aaron was gay in GB’s locker room (it’s an insult to compare Alex Smith overseeing Patrick to Brett and Aaron) and publicly belittled Aaron for INT’s and made fun of him for scrambling. I had always heard better about Aaron’s leadership compared to Brett’s until I saw this thread.

I am a bit sad we got deprived of a Rodgers vs Mahomes match-up this year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up