ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rogers demeanor...
limested 08:02 PM 01-19-2020
Even when they are winning he always looks like he wishes he was somewhere else.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:02 AM 04-02-2020
Just because he's great at football doesn't mean he's going to be a perfect person or have a personality or beliefs everyone is cool with.

I mean fuck I'm an atheist and the sad thing is I probably wouldn't say shit about it until I was done playing if I was in his spot because you'd take a ton of heat from people who can't accept everyone is different.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:20 AM 04-02-2020
He's a laid back dude. Wtf cares. Guy can fuckin' play.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:33 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not everyone can be as awesome as Mahomes.
This. All Day!
[Reply]
penchief 12:39 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
He learned from Favre. Mahomes learned from Smith. That's your difference.
LOL, that’s not “your difference.” I like Alex as much as the next guy. But when the hell are some of you going to stop trying to give Alex Smith credit for who and what Patrick Mahomes has always been?

Enough, already.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:43 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
LOL, that’s not “your difference.” I like Alex as much as the next guy. But when the hell are some of you going to stop trying to give Alex Smith credit for who and what Patrick Mahomes has always been?

Enough, already.
When mahomes and andy stop acknowledging that alex helped a rookie mahomes learn the nuances of the nfl game.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:46 PM 04-02-2020
Rogers learned nothing from Favre. Farve was more interested in sabotaging Rogers' career than teaching him anything. I have to wonder if that treatment damaged him emotionally a bit.
[Reply]
penchief 01:10 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
When mahomes and andy stop acknowledging that alex helped a rookie mahomes learn the nuances of the nfl game.
He helped him. I have no problem acknowledging that. He didn’t make him. Pat was always going to be this good, with or without Alex.

Aside from being supremely talented, smart, and fiercely competitive, Pat is also the kind of person who will publicly praise Alex for being good to him. Those of you who want to give Smith credit for the traits that Mahomes brought to the table are reaching. It would be nice if you’d just let it go.

Alex Smith, good guy? Absolutely! Alex Smith, quarterback genie? Pffft...c’mon, man.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:14 PM 04-02-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...win/ar-BBZDzaT

“He texted me right after the game, saying he enjoyed it just as much as we did,” Mahomes said, via ESPN.com. “He wasn’t there, but he was part of it — I think that’s the biggest thing. He built the culture that I came into. He was the guy that led the team to all these successful seasons and built that winning culture.”

- Patrick Mahomes on Alex Smith, after Super Bowl LIV
[Reply]
JakeF 01:19 PM 04-02-2020

Enough, already.
Most of the people around here will alway hate Alex Smith so when anyone tries to compliment him for anything it grates on them. Then the habit of hating anyone that leaves the Chiefs makes it double that Alex Smith must be attacked.

How do you know how much Alex helped Mahomes? Let it the fuck go ...
There's nothing wrong with a few random comments saying Alex Smith did something well. This is your problem and not anything else.
[Reply]
penchief 01:20 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...win/ar-BBZDzaT

“He texted me right after the game, saying he enjoyed it just as much as we did,” Mahomes said, via ESPN.com. “He wasn’t there, but he was part of it — I think that’s the biggest thing. He built the culture that I came into. He was the guy that led the team to all these successful seasons and built that winning culture.”

- Patrick Mahomes on Alex Smith, after Super Bowl LVI
I’ve argued this very same thing myself. Andy Reid and Alex Smith deserve the most credit for changing the culture and turning the franchise around. But that’s entirely different than trying to give credit to Smith for how good Mahomes is.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:31 PM 04-02-2020
Aaron Rodgers is a great QB who expects everyone around him to get it right which is a bit unrealistic. He shows his disappointment but is that a bad thing?

Take his career comp % of 64.6 and his career passer rating of 102.4 and we get a.....167.0

Tom Brady....160.8
Peyton Manning....161.8
Drew Brees.....166.0
Russell Wilson....165.7

I know, different game.

Joe Montana...155.5
Dan Marino....145.8....hmmmm?
John Elway....136.8....what????

Obviously Mahoomes just doesn't have enought time in.

Curious....Joe Namath 115.6...wow!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
penchief 01:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Most of the people around here will alway hate Alex Smith so when anyone tries to compliment him for anything it grates on them. Then the habit of hating anyone that leaves the Chiefs makes it double that Alex Smith must be attacked.

How do you know how much Alex helped Mahomes? Let it the **** go ...
There's nothing wrong with a few random comments saying Alex Smith did something well. This is your problem and not anything else.
I suspect you don’t know my position on the matter of Alex Smith. I’ve always liked, respected, and appreciated what Smith brought to the table. I’ve never hated Alex. I’ve always been willing to give him his due and have often defended him.

The reason a lot of people have learned to hate him is because of nonsense like this. I suspect most people around here have no problem giving Smith his due where it is deserved. However, the abilities and temperament of Patrick Mahomes are not something that Smith deserves credit for.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:19 PM 04-02-2020
I seem to recall Smith sitting on the bench by himself when things were not going well. Mahomes never does that. He sits with Andy for a bit to discuss things, then is rallying the troops. He never sits byhimself.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:28 PM 04-02-2020
I’ve argued this very same thing myself. Andy Reid and Alex Smith deserve the most credit for changing the culture and turning the franchise around. But that’s entirely different than trying to give credit to Smith for how good Mahomes is.
The two things Pat has than Smith didn't seem to is (a) permanently dropped nads, and (b) command of the field.

When Smith's nads did drop, he could be lethal. He actually had a pretty damned good deep ball. That long touchdown bomb he perfectly dropped in to Hill against NE in 2017 opener is one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen. But I lost count of the number of times an open receiver was doing jumping jacks 30 yards downfield trying to get his attention as he dumped it off in the flat.

Some things you just can't teach.
[Reply]
Bump 03:32 PM 04-02-2020
He's a douche
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up