ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Louis Rees-Zammit Thread*****
Dante84 03:47 PM 04-12-2024
[Doing a rare **player thread** for a non-drafted player so we can have a centralized repository for all things LRZ aka 'Rees Lightning'. Here's a link to the original LRZ signing thread by RunKC.]

Highlights

Podcast where he talks about the signing (and mentions he can run a 4.2 forty; he'll be a KR at first, then slot/HB when he learns the plays.)

LRZ meeting the crew and getting a Mahomes/Stroupe workout in

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Bobby Stroupe (@stroupebob)

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Louis Rees-Zammit ⚡️ (@lrzammit)

[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:50 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they pulled his international excemption. That means either they think he sucks, no way he’s making the team or any NFL team or they are convinced he’s making the team and see something in him.
Seems like a weird gamble but In Veach I Trust.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they pulled his international excemption. That means either they think he sucks, no way he’s making the team or any NFL team or they are convinced he’s making the team and see something in him.
Probably just figure that he's closer to relevant than the OT they had under the exemption last season. Don't remember his name, but they carried him on the PS all season last year and that's where that exemption becomes useful.

If they think Rees-Zammit may actually make the squad this year, use the protection on the OT because by all accounts last season, that guy was FAAAAAR away, but incredibly athletic/talented.

Probably just basic resource allocation - one slot, use it on the guy who's less likely to make the team but with a slightly higher ceiling, thus a far better candidate for the international exemption anyway (which wouldn't apply if Rees-Zammit is a roster player)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:22 AM 05-06-2024
With the new kickoff rules I would think Louis would be the perfect fit. I am kind of excited to see what he can do because he can fly and is probably tough as nails.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:31 AM 05-06-2024
At a minimum he feels like he could be a special teams guy in year one.

If he can be a gunner on punts, do kickoff duty, and return kicks...then he could be a valuable asset for us.

The idea of a 4.35-4.4 guy screaming down on Punt Gods punts is a fun thought.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 11:59 AM 05-06-2024
His 40 was .04 faster than CMC. The rest of his pro day was meh.

We’ll see.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:18 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Let's see what LRZ does in a game before getting too excited
You doubting the power of the ghosts of Sippio and Grigsby?:-)
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:57 AM 05-07-2024
My wife thinks about LRZ while we're having sex.

I hope he does well for us.
[Reply]
Basileus777 02:43 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by :
Rees-Zammit’s best moment during the minicamp occurred Sunday. On this rep, the offense executed everything perfectly. The play was designed for Rees-Zammit: a screen pass to the right side of the field.
“It’s amazing,” Rees-Zammit said while smiling and laughing. “When there’s open field, I feel like I’m playing rugby again. I can use my awareness when I’m in space and that’s when I can cause the most damage. The more I can do that, the more I can help the team.”

Rees-Zammit smoothly caught the pass from quarterback Chris Oladokun in rhythm and quickly accelerated upfield, sprinting past midfield in a running style that still appears more similar to rugby than football — shorter steps than long strides, the ball held higher and closer to his chest than the average running back and his torso upright rather than learning forward.
“I was sort of picking at him a little bit,” Oladokun said of Rees-Zammit. “You just see Louis running down the field in his little rugby run.”
No defender touched Rees-Zammit because they couldn’t. He maintained his speed while evading multiple defenders, making two cuts that led to him having a clear path to enter the end zone, a rep that ended in a 60-yard touchdown.
“I thought he was going to dive in the end zone,” Reid joked while laughing. “He’s done a good job of working on holding the ball. (Rugby players) do hold it a little bit different, a bigger ball and not quite as pointy as a football. He’ll learn the pad level the first time he gets hit.
“I like the fact that he’s got shorter steps initially. That’s a good thing as a running back. If you’re a long strider in there, you’ve got to really work on making it through those tight (running lanes). He seems to have a nice feel, though.”
Originally Posted by :
Growing up in Penarth, Wales, Rees-Zammit learned about the NFL from Joseph Zammit, his father who became so passionate about the sport that he played in the British American Football Association in 1987 for the Cardiff Tigers as a receiver and running back. Rees-Zammit often watched NFL games alongside his father. As his own passion for the NFL grew, Rees-Zammit said one of his favorite players was receiver DeSean Jackson, who played 15 seasons in the league and began his career under Reid with the Philadelphia Eagles.
“From the age of probably 11 or 12, I used to watch (Jackson’s highlights) on YouTube all the time,” Rees-Zammit said. “He was definitely one where his speed was absolutely outrageous. His change of direction was unbelievable.
“Every Sunday, I’d be staying up late,” Rees-Zammit said. “Obviously, the time difference is five to six hours. My dad is a massive mentor for me and a role model. I achieved everything I wanted to in rugby, so I thought now was the perfect time.”
Originally Posted by :
When he wasn’t catching passes or exerting himself in training exercises, Rees-Zammit said he spent as much time as he could next to Mahomes and Oladokun, asking as many questions as he could to learn about the running back and receiver positions and the many intricacies of the Chiefs’ offense. He also spent two weeks living alongside Oladokun in a rented house.
“I told my mom (Jennifer Carter) when I left Texas that I learned more about Louis in those two weeks than I probably know about my own brother (Jordan) — and me and my brother are super close,” Oladokun said. “I think (Rees-Zammit) has a really good personality, and I think he’s going to fit really well into the culture here. He’s been a professional athlete since he was 16. He’s going to be a great addition.”
Some new tidbits from Nate Taylor.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 03:48 PM 05-08-2024
https://youtube.com/shorts/NnyMs4o4M...zu3DCU0JvHuwLP

For reference, Tyreek runs a 10.19 100m…He ran a 10.4 which is impressive, but even more so given he’s also 5 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier than tyreek.

He was clocked 24.2 mph in a rugby match.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:00 PM 05-08-2024
Definitely gonna have to be patient with this guy, zero immediate expectations... but his dad being so passionate about it, and getting him interested early in life bodes well
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:34 AM 05-10-2024

[Reply]
wazu 05:01 AM 05-10-2024
It just occurred to me that if this guy fumbles I’m going to yell “Louis Rees DAMMIT!”
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:07 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
My wife thinks about LRZ while we're having sex.

I hope he does well for us.
Your wife thinks about him while you're having sex with him? What? Weird.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:24 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Your wife thinks about him while you're having sex with him? What? Weird.
That IS weird. Does his wife tell him what she was thinking after he and LRZ are done, or is she in the room with them verbalizing a stream-of-consciousness monologue, like some sort of gay sex Tony Romo?
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:25 PM 05-10-2024
Whats going on here? I thought I was crazy. Ok I am but yall put up a heck of a fight......Props LOL
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up