ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 205
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC_Connection 11:23 PM 03-02-2012
He isn't going to start changing who he is on final plays just so he can make a few difficult buzzer beaters a year (while missing most of them). Passing to the open man was absolutely the right basketball play, I can't say that enough. Haslem isn't some scrub who can't be expected to make that shot...that's his bread and butter.
okcchief 11:23 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Now we're criticizing LeBron for not having Shaq on his team? :-)

Move past these oversimplified media narratives and open your eyes.
My eyes are open. I'm seeing unfulfilled greatness. I believe Kobe won 2 titles without Shaq. Also, you are telling me Shaq carried Wade? Please.

LeBron's first step is taking the fucking shot. You make the right basketball plays to build the lead. You win by taking the fuck over.

You are LEBRON FUCKING JAMES God damn it!

Again, LeBron is the most talented player I've ever seen. He is a pleasure to watch, but damn.
KC_Connection 11:28 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
My eyes are open. I'm seeing unfulfilled greatness. I believe Kobe won 2 titles without Shaq.
Kobe needed Gasol to come to LA to win. Before that, he was asking out of LA because he couldn't do it himself. He's nowhere near the caliber of LeBron as a basketball player.

Originally Posted by :
Also, you are telling me Shaq carried Wade? Please.
Shaq completely dominated in the postseason for the Heat. If he wasn't there, that team wins nothing at all.

Originally Posted by :
LeBron's first step is taking the ****ing shot. You make the right basketball plays to build the lead. You win by taking the **** over.

You are LEBRON ****ING JAMES God damn it!

Again, LeBron is the most talented player I've ever seen. He is a pleasure to watch, but damn.
I'm pretty sure you win more often by making the right basketball plays on a consistent basis. Not by stubbornly taking low percentage pull-up shots in the attempt to fit other people's definitions of greatness.
okcchief 11:29 PM 03-02-2012
He isn't going to start changing who he is on final plays just so he can make a few difficult buzzer beaters a year (while missing most of them). Passing to the open man was absolutely the right basketball play, I can't say that enough. Haslem isn't some scrub who can't be expected to make that shot...that's his bread and butter.
Nick Collison could make that shot too, but if KD or Westbrook passed it there I'd be like WTF even if he hit it.

LeBron passed it to Eddie House last year when he had a decent shot and House won the game. As a Thunder fan I hope he makes that play every time.
okcchief 11:32 PM 03-02-2012
Kobe needed Gasol to come to LA to win. Before that, he was asking out of LA because he couldn't do it himself. He's nowhere near the caliber of LeBron as a basketball player.

Shaq completely dominated in the postseason for the Heat. If he wasn't there, that team wins nothing at all.

I'm pretty sure you win more often by making the right basketball plays on a consistent basis. Not by stubbornly taking low percentage pull-up shots in the attempt to fit other people's definitions of greatness.
I think all Championship teams have more than one player. What a brilliant observation.

I
KC_Connection 11:33 PM 03-02-2012
Nick Collison could make that shot too, but if KD or Westbrook passed it there I'd be like WTF even if he hit it.
Collison isn't exactly money from mid-range like Haslem is.

Originally Posted by :
LeBron passed it to Eddie House last year when he had a decent shot and House won the game. As a Thunder fan I hope he makes that play every time.
As a fan of neither team, I'll just say that if LeBron keeps playing basketball like he did tonight (and this season), I see no reason to believe that any team will be able to beat that Heat team four times over a seven game series...especially if they have home advantage.
okcchief 11:33 PM 03-02-2012

The defense was back pedaling. If he pulls up it was the right basketball play.
KC_Connection 11:35 PM 03-02-2012
I think all Championship teams have more than one player. What a brilliant observation.
Not all championship teams have the most dominant post player in NBA history as the main reason for a title. Except the four that Shaq won.
KC_Connection 11:35 PM 03-02-2012
The defense was back pedaling. If he pulls up it was the right basketball play.
Passing out of a double team is the right play. Especially when you're passing to a guy that's proven he can hit an open shot regularly.
okcchief 11:39 PM 03-02-2012
Collison isn't exactly money from mid-range like Haslem is.

As a fan of neither team, I'll just say that if LeBron keeps playing basketball like he did tonight (and this season), I see no reason to believe that any team will be able to beat that Heat team four times over a seven game series...especially if they have home advantage.
As long as the games not close I agree :-)
okcchief 12:12 AM 03-03-2012
It wasn't a bad play, but I'd rather Lebron take an OK shot than Haslem take a great shot. Money in the first quater and the last few seconds is a different story. The 3 he forced up a few possessions before was a horrible shot. If he would have put that up over passing it I would agree with the decision 100%

Believe me, Durant has put up a few awful shots at the end of games where I wish he would pass it, but most of the time I want him taking the shot. I'd rather have him pass to Harden or Westbrook than put up a contested 3.

A pull up gives him room, he most likely sinks it, and they win the game. If Haslem does his job he wins the game.

Lebron is a man child, he dominates games, he is unbelievable to watch.

I just NEVER see Lebron take the shot and don't get it. Especially, on a night like tonight when he's going off. Defer when your shot isn't falling.
L.A. Chieffan 09:26 AM 03-03-2012
you guys stop being so mean to lbj.
Chiefs Pantalones 10:01 AM 03-03-2012
If you're a play maker game changer, you take the shot. He could've blew by those two defenders or pulled up and took the shot. Being a Bulls fan since i can remember I have seen the greatest of all time take some insane last second shots. Some went in (Elo!!) some didn't. The point is you are a great player and I'd rather my great player make something great happen than pass. Of course there are times to pass duh, but come on. Don't you want that on your shoulders? I guess the more interesting question is can he take the heat if he misses? That's one of the reasons I call him LePippen. He used to do it in Cleveland. In the move to Miami and being with those other stars I think he forgot how to be the man in the final minutes/seconds. What's crazy is he dominates the rest of the game, just not the closing. Kobe said he was pissed that LePippen didn't take the final shot in the All Star game because he wanted the challenge and was mad that he passed up that challenge and that moment.

Until proven otherwise the dude has the balls the size of marbles.
Jim Jones 12:00 PM 03-03-2012
Passing out of a double team is the right play. Especially when you're passing to a guy that's proven he can hit an open shot regularly.
Two things:

1.) Haslem has been terrible this year. He's a big man who is barely shooting above 40% from the field. Main reason being the little mid-range jumper he relied on for much of his career is gone. That shot is in no way, shape or form any sort of gimmie for him this season when his skills have rapidly eroded.

2.) Don't know if you watched the game, or watched the play in question, but that was just about the weakest double team LeBron will see in his career. LeBron had made 10 of his last 11 shots and spent the 4th quarter beating double teams a lot stiffer than that one at the end. He's spent his entire CAREER beating double teams a lot tougher than the one he saw the end.

Face it, as amazing as the guy is, as great as he was down the stretch, at the end of the game his balls shrivel up. There's no other excuse for him doing what he did in that 4th quarter to get his team back, then passing to UDONIS FCKING HASLEM to take the game winner. Pass to Wade? Acceptable. Pass to Bosh? Fine. Hell, pass to James Jones? I'd rather see LeBron take it, but Jones is your best spot-up shooter....but no, we're talking about UDONIS MOTHER FUCKING HASLEM.

He's let the media get to him and he's afraid to take that last shot now. Flat out scared.
KC_Connection 06:01 PM 03-03-2012
Buying into weak, oversimplied media narratives will get you nowhere. You can't ask for a better shot out of a double team than the one Haslem had. But if you guys want to fall back on those narratives like sheep to make some over-used, hackneyed argument that LeBron is somehow scared of success, go ahead. It will only make you look foolish when one of the teams that he leads inevitably wins a championship due to his own play (and that's not really a question of if, but when).
Page 66 of 205
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up