ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Practice Squad
Direckshun 03:38 PM 08-05-2020
The practice squad is super interesting this year, according to Tom Pelisserolkj;wljer;kj whatever his name is.

Teams will each get 16 players for their practice squads.

6 of those players do not have any limits on their seasons accrued. Which means we can add 15-year veterans to the practice squad there if we want.

And the team can protect 4 of them -- which of course means other teams can't scoop them up.

Kent Swanson was saying on the AP Lab podcast how this is further evidence that Veach was far ahead of the Covid curve. He scooped up Moore and can stash him (and protect him) on the practice squad. He made a very aggressive bid in the UDFA market this year, and looks like you can stash more players on the practice squad in this Covid year as any in NFL history.

Really exciting, all the potential this opens up for the team. Will be fascinating to see who they protect every week, as well. It functionally gives us a 57-man roster with 12 practice squadders.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:49 PM 08-05-2020
And you can call someone up from the practice squad 90 minutes before a game.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:50 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And you can call someone up from the practice squad 90 minutes before a game.
Wowwwwwwwww. Didn't know that.

Does Belichick do this in 2020? Anybody want to guess?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:52 PM 08-05-2020
at that point some teams may run out of numbers
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Belichick is tanking for a QB
[Reply]
Dante84 04:02 PM 08-05-2020
I love it. The NFL teams don't have a developmental/minor league system to lean on, so they should maximize the opportunities within their practice squad setup.

Also, looking down the road, it's a much lower cost than, say, purchasing the XFL to serve that function.

I think the age limit thing is silly. If a team has a spot open, and there's a veteran free agent who is eager for the opportunity, why let his years in the league get in the way of a deal being made? May the best man win the job.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:56 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Anything is possible, but IMHO Belichick is just too much of a raging red ass to be able to go through with a tank job.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:10 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anything is possible, but IMHO Belichick is just too much of a raging red ass to be able to go through with a tank job.
He's had 8 guys opt out, including their starting right tackle, no more Dante Scarnecchia, their awesome offensive line coach and a bunch of no names on both sides of the ball not to mention, no more Tom Brady.

I could be wrong but I can definitely see Belichick tanking so he's in a position to grab Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. He doesn't care about draft picks and high profile players, he cares about value, so giving up a bunch of picks to move up a few spots won't stop him.

I truly hope I'm wrong because Belichick with a Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence would make them Super Bowl contenders for at least the next decade and personally, I've had enough of the Patriots and their asshole fans.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:34 PM 08-05-2020
He must be stopped!
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:37 PM 08-05-2020
patriots players are getting pay back on their coach now that brady is gone. just so happens covid fell into the laps of players of malcontent :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 08-05-2020
He's had 8 guys opt out, including their starting right tackle, no more Dante Scarnecchia, their awesome offensive line coach and a bunch of no names on both sides of the ball not to mention, no more Tom Brady.

I could be wrong but I can definitely see Belichick tanking so he's in a position to grab Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. He doesn't care about draft picks and high profile players, he cares about value, so giving up a bunch of picks to move up a few spots won't stop him.

I truly hope I'm wrong because Belichick with a Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence would make them Super Bowl contenders for at least the next decade and personally, I've had enough of the Patriots and their asshole fans.
Fields is a very overrated prospect on tape. I think Trey Lance is much better. He’s actually the guy I’d be most concerned with them getting.

I don’t see any way they’re bad enough to outsuck the Redskins, Jags, Jets etc. and neither of those teams are trading out of the #1 pick given their QB situations and Lawrence being such a great safe prospect.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:55 PM 08-05-2020
His ego will not allow it. The last thing he wants to do is let the world see he can't win without Brady.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:57 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

No but he will probably send in Kamikazee UFDAs that the Chiefs sign with Covid as all part of his master plan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 PM 08-05-2020

Fuck I didn’t know they had 8 opt out. Woof.

But I honestly think his ego is after 2 things proving it’s him not Brady and the numbers. Besides I’m not sure he has a decade left in him. He might hate himself to death.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:26 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
**** I didn’t know they had 8 opt out. Woof.

But I honestly think his ego is after 2 things proving it’s him not Brady and the numbers. Besides I’m not sure he has a decade left in him. He might hate himself to death.
I completely agree.

Like, Belichick is sitting across the field from Flores in a game in Miami. He knows what Flores is doing, he knows what adjustments to make to stymie Flores, and he knows what players to put where to punish the Dolphins' worst weaknesses by the time the 3rd quarter starts.

He's... not going to do that?

He's going to fucking do that and win 10 games. I don't give a shit. He's the best coach we've ever seen.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up