ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Pick the BEST name, if such a name becomes necessary.
Wolfpack 39 36.79%
Monarchs 53 50.00%
I choose to not exercise my right to participate in the democratic process. 14 13.21%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Renaming the Chiefs: Round 6 - The Championship
Rain Man 08:34 AM 08-04-2020
If the tides of politics sweep away the Chiefs name, the new name for the Chiefs will be...
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:43 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Monarchs is super lame.
So is literally calling your team the color of your socks.

But we all love historical callbacks and tradition, and I think the name allows us to keep tradition alive.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 04:31 PM 08-04-2020
The Kansas City Monarch Kings!
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 05:29 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
This whole series about renaming the Chiefs is super lame.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:42 AM 08-05-2020
I guess I’m not sure why people think the Monarchs would be accepted by the cultural appropriation/cancel culture crowd that would be the one demanding a change in the first place given its history as a black baseball team name in this city.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:35 AM 08-05-2020
Okay, it's close, but I'm calling the race. If the Chiefs need to be renamed at some point, the official Chiefsplanet position is Monarchs.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:37 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Don't blame me. Blame George Floyd, the tenure system in universities, helicopter parenting by boomers, teachers' unions, Christopher Columbus, the Chinese invention of gunpowder, and the first clan to cross the Bering Land Bridge.
No it's 100% your fault.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 10:37 AM 08-05-2020
Archers would at least allow the continued of the current logo.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:37 AM 08-05-2020
These were probably my top two choices in the whole tournament. Well done, MonarchsPlanet.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:41 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I guess I’m not sure why people think the Monarchs would be accepted by the cultural appropriation/cancel culture crowd that would be the one demanding a change in the first place given its history as a black baseball team name in this city.
Honoring a Negro Leagues team by adopting their non-racist name of Monarchs is not cultural appropriation. If you called them the Kansas City Darkies and had fans in the stadium wearing blackface while drunkenly singing negro spirituals in between downs, that would be cultural appropriation.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:03 PM 08-05-2020
I believe they will stay the Chiefs. They will just have to change War Paints name and stop banging the drum. We will be asked to stop doing the chop but I think we know how that will turn out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:04 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
No it's 100% your fault.
You need me. I am your portal to the future, your spiritual guide to navigate you from your current unenlightened world into the next generation of society where everyone blooms and meets their highest potential. You will thank me when you emerge into the sunshine and see the world that I and other visionaries have created for you.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:06 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
So is literally calling your team the color of your socks.

But we all love historical callbacks and tradition, and I think the name allows us to keep tradition alive.
What about not wearing the same color socks as your team name?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:35 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
What about not wearing the same color socks as your team name?
I read a while back that the football Cardinals were named after the color of the jerseys that they happened to buy. I thought that was a very interesting reversal of the usual order of things.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:38 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Okay, it's close, but I'm calling the race. If the Chiefs need to be renamed at some point, the official Chiefsplanet position is Monarchs.
I literally said that from the get-go. Could have saved you some time and energy when that was always going to be the winner.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:42 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I literally said that from the get-go. Could have saved you some time and energy when that was always going to be the winner.
Chiefsplanet is a democracy. If I just took your decree, that would be a monarchy, and no one wants to live under a monarchy.

Uh oh. We may have a problem.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up