ain't going to happen this year.
OK, Pete.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 08-01-2020
Q
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:08 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:

I've heard that term "Adapt and Overcome" a blue million times while in the Army. Has anyone noticed that the military has NOT shut down? Hmmmm??
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 01:17 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yarp. I’m still wondering what happens to the contracts when the season is cancelled in a couple weeks. Surely they won’t advance an entire year.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:26 PM 08-01-2020
There is no reason to have traditional locker rooms. Go home and shower. Yes, that is how much of a risk locker rooms are. The risk of getting it in the locker room is exponentially larger than it is while playing. If you do shower at the stadium perhaps there are other private showers that can be utilized.

You can do pep talks, and interviews on zoom. No locker rooms if you want to play football.

It's not ideal but if you want football you need to make sacrifices.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 PM 08-01-2020
The NFLPA agreed to the terms of how the nfl must operate with safety. Every player has an obligation to follow the protocols put in place to continue to make millions of dollars playing a game. Each person is responsible to the team on levels that haven’t been part of it in the past, but for the sport to have a chance to continue, they all need to follow the protocols and team leaders need to hold each other accountable.

I’m doubtful the season will last very long, TBH. Maybe with full face shields, whole body underarmour body suits under the pads and daily checks it can happen...but a lot of things need to be adhered to for the season to take place and run its course.

You know how to Make it happen?

If you have x amount of coronavirus cases, you forfeit that weeks game. The players with positive tests forfeit their game check.

The teams that are following protocols will win a lot of their games by forfeit...and the ones that don’t, won’t. The leaders would make sure everyone is doing what they need to.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is no reason to have traditional locker rooms. Go home and shower. Yes, that is how much of a risk locker rooms are. The risk of getting it in the locker room is exponentially larger than it is while playing. If you do shower at the stadium perhaps there are other private showers that can be utilized.

You can do pep talks, and interviews on zoom. No locker rooms if you want to play football.

It's not ideal but if you want football you need to make sacrifices.
You just said in the other thread there’s no way you could get thousands of people to sacrifice

Good god man
[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The NFLPA agreed to the terms of how the nfl must operate with safety. Every player has an obligation to follow the protocols put in place to continue to make millions of dollars playing a game. Each person is responsible to the team on levels that haven’t been part of it in the past, but for the sport to have a chance to continue, they all need to follow the protocols and team leaders need to hold each other accountable.

I’m doubtful the season will last very long, TBH. Maybe with full face shields, whole body underarmour body suits under the pads and daily checks it can happen...but a lot of things need to be adhered to for the season to take place and run its course.

You know how to Make it happen?

If you have x amount of coronavirus cases, you forfeit that weeks game. The players with positive tests forfeit their game check.

The teams that are following protocols will win a lot of their games by forfeit...and the ones that don’t, won’t. The leaders would make sure everyone is doing what they need to.
Having strong leadership will make it go

Guyw gonna have to suck it up for 6 months and be home bodies
[Reply]
BWillie 01:39 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You just said in the other thread there’s no way you could get thousands of people to sacrifice

Good god man
You can't. But if they are going to try without a bubble that is what I would do. The NFL is just putting their heads in the sand and refuses to acknowledge the inevitable shortfalls of not playing in a bubble.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:18 PM 08-01-2020
Came here to post what BWillie posted about locker rooms. I have a feeling that a

t some point the players in MLB and NFL going to have to decide if they want a season w/o locker rooms, or no season at all. Add dugouts for MLB.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:31 PM 08-01-2020

The #Lions have placed QB Matthew Stafford on the COVID-19 list, per the wire.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 1, 2020

this doesn't help
[Reply]
New World Order 03:37 PM 08-01-2020
I think they could do a shortened season assuming a vaccine will drop in Novemberish.

But who knows.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:39 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Came here to post what BWillie posted about locker rooms. I have a feeling that a

t some point the players in MLB and NFL going to have to decide if they want a season w/o locker rooms, or no season at all. Add dugouts for MLB.
This is all good by the Chiefs. But this is only one of many workplaces the players will be in each week. And when they leave work, they are on the “honor” system to not put themselves in bad covid situations. Players already think they are invincible. A bubble of some kind is the only chance of us having a season.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up