ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
Mecca 02:45 PM 07-30-2020
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:11 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I just can’t do Facebook. Wife periodically wants me to read something posted on there and rather than proper discourse between people that by definition know each other, it is closer to monkeys in trees throwing shit at each other while howling wildly.

I just can’t do it.
It's so frustrating. I used to love facebook, it was a great way to keep in touch with people and organize social events, etc. I'm pretty sure that was the original intent with it. I still begrudgingly use it since there's not really a viable alternative, but I don't participate in any of that bullshit.

I mostly just post hilarity such as this:

[Reply]
Coach 07:25 PM 08-05-2020
I just can’t do Facebook. Wife periodically wants me to read something posted on there and rather than proper discourse between people that by definition know each other, it is closer to monkeys in trees throwing shit at each other while howling wildly.

I just can’t do it.
The bolded underlined part pretty much describes social media to a T, in my opinion.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:07 PM 08-05-2020
Facebook was amazing until the olds got on it. The old days of Facebook were perfect.

Twitter is great because it is what you make of it. If there is a bunch of horse shit on your feed the fault is yours and only yours. Twitter has so much funny, interesting, and informative stuff every day. Great community. Great way to expand your social and professional network as well.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:26 PM 08-05-2020
Some of you working all of these hours in this thread. I respect it but do not understand it....work\life balance has always been such a big priority. I am pretty lucky I like my job...its always different and challenging and I get to help people. Its also grouped into 12 hour days which leaves for big chunks of time off.

Burn out wise it happens. I usually just slow things down when it comes up and try to enjoy the little things until you get your energy back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Some of you working all of these hours in this thread. I respect it but do not understand it....work\life balance has always been such a big priority. I am pretty lucky I like my job...its always different and challenging and I get to help people. Its also grouped into 12 hour days which leaves for big chunks of time off.

Burn out wise it happens. I usually just slow things down when it comes up and try to enjoy the little things until you get your energy back.
I know I mentioned I work some long hours. 80 hours a week isn't uncommon.

What I didn't say is that I work from home and I have a workload queue. I work on large proposals, so when there's an active proposal, I might work 80 hours a week for 2-4 weeks.

But there's also period where there's ZERO live proposals and I literally just do reading and training, paperwork, and stuff like that. So I definitely have enough valleys to offset the stressful peaks that do happen.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:05 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know I mentioned I work some long hours. 80 hours a week isn't uncommon.

What I didn't say is that I work from home and I have a workload queue. I work on large proposals, so when there's an active proposal, I might work 80 hours a week for 2-4 weeks.

But there's also period where there's ZERO live proposals and I literally just do reading and training, paperwork, and stuff like that. So I definitely have enough valleys to offset the stressful peaks that do happen.
I could imagine making that work....where you are in it but you see the finish line and you know there is good stuff behind it. Things gets very serious and stressful at my work can be life and death but I appreciate that I can clock out and get that separation.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:36 PM 08-05-2020

I've determined I'm not wired like most folks. I'm way happier, even in 2019, than I was working my 2300 hr project based job in internal audit.

There is something real about getting actual things done. Compounded wholly by the fact that it is mine, I'm way happier. Is it healthy? No probably not, especially since I do a bunch of it at night so I can be with my family. But while this might not be physically healthy, where I was wasn't mentally healthy. Especially looking long term.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:47 PM 08-05-2020
I've determined I'm not wired like most folks. I'm way happier, even in 2019, than I was working my 2300 hr project based job in internal audit.

There is something real about getting actual things done. Compounded wholly by the fact that it is mine, I'm way happier. Is it healthy? No probably not, especially since I do a bunch of it at night so I can be with my family. But while this might not be physically healthy, where I was wasn't mentally healthy. Especially looking long term.
Hey man if you are healthy and happy that is what counts. Not for me but I know people just like that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:01 PM 08-05-2020
Facebook was amazing until the olds got on it. The old days of Facebook were perfect.

Twitter is great because it is what you make of it. If there is a bunch of horse shit on your feed the fault is yours and only yours. Twitter has so much funny, interesting, and informative stuff every day. Great community. Great way to expand your social and professional network as well.
I agree. You have to spend the time and work to refine on the feeds for social media. I use social media a lot. News, niche stuff, Chiefs news. Arrowhead South doesn’t exist without Facebook. We are now putting together a global network of grass roots Chief fans. That doesn’t happen without Facebook.

I have very few people talking politics on my feeds. I never discuss politics or religion on social media.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:20 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
All CP BS aside, CP is not good for people who are in a place where they are feeling down
I can see this as a valid opinion. You get some blunt honesty here. Try to BS and you’ll get called out. One persons Humor is crossing a line for another.

But, as our time being on the Planet has went on, so have our real lives. There is a certain comfort here. You may never have met the poster in person but you KNOW them. Personality , likes, dislikes etc. things may change in your real life, but here, it’s always kind of the same. That has value too in times of crisis.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:10 PM 08-06-2020

I think everyone has a different profile of which online sources are more harm than good. Only you know which ones are your trouble spots.

I go on FB maybe 30 minutes a day. The traveler groups and my hiking group are pretty indispensable. Also I actually like keeping up with people. I really don't get sucked in too much because I've either unfollowed or snoozed anyone who agitates me, or they've done the same to me.

Twitter on the other hand is instant rage for me. I had to cut it off when covid started. I can still only go on in small doses. I have a list that's just sports. I'll go back on that when football starts.

CP isn't bad for me now that I'm finally not welching and honoring my DC-ban bet with stevieray.

There's a politics forum started by the exiled politics regs in the twoplustwo.com politics forum where even thought I mostly agree with everyone, I spend too much time and get myself agitated. I just self-banned for 2 weeks and I think I need to make it longer. But the hard part is they're kind of like my community, which matters a lot when you go days without seeing another person.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:22 PM 08-06-2020

When you needed an .edu address, sure.

Twitter is a cum dumpster and always has been.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:37 PM 08-06-2020
Facebook was amazing until the olds got on it.
But, now we're the olds.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:41 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
But, now we're the olds.
And...uhhh...you're also standing on my lawn...:-)
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:42 PM 08-06-2020
One day, I plan on moving on to bug's lawn.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up