ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont'a Hightower and 4 other Patriots opt out of 2020 season
Shaid 08:14 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/27/nfl-p...ytZNH04RUDIiaM

Dont'a Hightower -- a 3-time Super Bowl champion and one of the leaders of the Patriots' defense -- has also chosen to sit out this season.
Hightower, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi, just had a baby this month ... and his mom also has type 2 diabetes.
"Me and my fiancée are just more concerned with the health of our family than football," Hightower said in a statement to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "especially the new addition to our family."
The opt-out is a big blow for the Pats, Hightower recorded 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks for New England last season ... but he's also now one of FIVE Patriots choosing to forego the season.
Pats running back Brandon Bolden and offensive linemen Najee Toran and Marcus Cannon have also joined Hightower and fullback Danny Vitale in sitting out 2020.
There could be more on the way as well ... players still have until the end of this week to make opt-out decisions.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 07-28-2020
Just cancel the season.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:50 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who is Angry?

FYI COVID is racist it seems.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:50 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think we all agree this is gonna be a weird season right? They're gonna be asked to stay away from outsiders as much as possible.

It's an option for them, i don't blame any of them if they wanna take it.
So because players cant go bar and club hopping this season then they should be more likely to opt out due to family reasons.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:15 PM 07-28-2020
Just cancel the season already FFS
Bullshit
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:16 PM 07-28-2020

Skinny white dudes can play.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:18 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So because players cant go bar and club hopping this season then they should be more likely to opt out due to family reasons.
The NBA caught Lou Williams at a strip club and then made him quarantine for 2 weeks.
[Reply]
O.city 02:26 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Or restaurants or church or family gatherings etc.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:27 PM 07-28-2020

Dozens of players have informed teams they're opting out, but NFL and NFLPA lawyers are still working on the CBA side letter that will allow it, per sources.

The deadline for players to opt out is 7 days after the letter is finalized, so that would now be Aug. 4 at the soonest.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 28, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 02:39 PM 07-28-2020
Larry Warford has now opted out of playing this season.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 02:44 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The NFL should make it clear these players cannot at any point change their minds and opt back in.

Opting out means you are gone in every official capacity from the NFL until at least April 2021.

When the panic/hysteria inevitably dies down in October/November and a player wants to return? Too bad.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:48 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The NFL should make it clear these players cannot at any point change their minds and opt back in.

Opting out means you are gone in every official capacity from the NFL until at least April 2021.

When the panic/hysteria inevitably dies down in October/November and a player wants to return? Too bad.
Someone thinks the country is only half full of COVID.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:50 PM 07-28-2020
I don't care if Mahomes goes up against XFL players, I want another Championship.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:52 PM 07-28-2020
My issue with all of these athletes getting infected. They have it the easiest not to get infected. Yet they still go out and do dumb shit. Same with the coaches and staff.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:04 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

You mean during the late fall and winter time when these types of viruses are at their most potent. SMH

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
My issue with all of these athletes getting infected. They have it the easiest not to get infected. Yet they still go out and do dumb shit. Same with the coaches and staff.
Must. Not. Mention. Public. School. Teachers.

{runs from thread as if on fire}
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up