ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont'a Hightower and 4 other Patriots opt out of 2020 season
Shaid 08:14 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/27/nfl-p...ytZNH04RUDIiaM

Dont'a Hightower -- a 3-time Super Bowl champion and one of the leaders of the Patriots' defense -- has also chosen to sit out this season.
Hightower, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi, just had a baby this month ... and his mom also has type 2 diabetes.
"Me and my fiancée are just more concerned with the health of our family than football," Hightower said in a statement to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "especially the new addition to our family."
The opt-out is a big blow for the Pats, Hightower recorded 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks for New England last season ... but he's also now one of FIVE Patriots choosing to forego the season.
Pats running back Brandon Bolden and offensive linemen Najee Toran and Marcus Cannon have also joined Hightower and fullback Danny Vitale in sitting out 2020.
There could be more on the way as well ... players still have until the end of this week to make opt-out decisions.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:26 AM 07-28-2020
I see a list of guys who've already gotten paid, and a few others who's dedication to the sport has been questioned in the past (Goodwin and DAT).
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:26 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The problem is that they still don't seem to think they need to do anything to address the offense...
What do you mean? They drafted a QBoTF! :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC what a bunch of pussies you guys are.
This season will be a watered down version of shit the way it’s going. We already have 5 starters and an important backup opt out and we still have teams who aren’t in camp yet.

That also doesn’t count starters across the league who will inevitably get the virus and miss time.

Get ready for shitty TNF quality around the league
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I see a list of guys who've already gotten paid, and a few others who's dedication to the sport has been questioned in the past (Goodwin and DAT).
I'm going to be fair with Goodwin here, him and his wife have had a ton of issues with having children, he played in a game where his newborn son died that morning.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 07-28-2020
In fairness, the Packers defense did look like it had done a complete 180 for most of the season.
Oh for sure, but it was still very premature considering our defense hadn’t even started to gel.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This season will be a watered down version of shit the way it’s going. We already have 5 starters and an important backup opt out and we still have teams who aren’t in camp yet.

That also doesn’t count starters across the league who will inevitably get the virus and miss time.

So you think it's going to be like a better XFL?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 07-28-2020

And the better alternative is no football at all?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What do you mean? They drafted a QBoTF! :-)
And a 3rd string runningback.

Dillard's gonna fix EVERYTHING.

What a shitshow. How not to handle a HoF quarterback 101 right there.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:29 AM 07-28-2020

Maybe it becomes easier for the Chiefs to repeat as Champs. Could be a very good thing.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:30 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There isn't another "strain".
Non-peer reviewed but this may explain why different areas have different severity of the virus.

"Analysis of data from the COVID Symptom Study app, led by researchers from King’s College London, reveals that there are six distinct ‘types’ of COVID-19, each distinguished by a particular cluster of symptoms."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/d...iKJ_QnZ5MjauoE
[Reply]
RunKC 11:38 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And the better alternative is no football at all?
I’d still watch but no matter what the SB winner would get the “does it really count?” treatment. The quality would be significantly worse as well with important players opting out.

Also if it means Andy doesn’t get this I would take a cancelled season. He’s a very high risk candidate. We need to see what their plan is for him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:41 AM 07-28-2020
This was the one that immediately stood out to me.

All of these linemen are 'obese' by BMI standards. They're all going to be considered to have co-morbidities.

I was wondering if there wouldn't be an exodus of fat guys.
I honestly never thought about that but yeah this could be a big issue if you have alot of OL opting out. Does any team want to put their franchise QB behind a practice squad OL? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Non-peer reviewed but this may explain why different areas have different severity of the virus.

"Analysis of data from the COVID Symptom Study app, led by researchers from King’s College London, reveals that there are six distinct ‘types’ of COVID-19, each distinguished by a particular cluster of symptoms."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/d...iKJ_QnZ5MjauoE
Eh, i'm skeptical
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:47 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I assume there will be plenty more to come. Especially for some of the guys who have newborns or spouses with health issues.
Why would anyone with newborns be worried? The risk from some other disease is much much greater. There is literally no science to support that frame of mind.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why would anyone with newborns be worried? The risk from some other disease is much much greater. There is literally no science to support that frame of mind.
Exactly. By that logic, anybody with a baby should be quarantined during flu season.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up