ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont'a Hightower and 4 other Patriots opt out of 2020 season
Shaid 08:14 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/27/nfl-p...ytZNH04RUDIiaM

Dont'a Hightower -- a 3-time Super Bowl champion and one of the leaders of the Patriots' defense -- has also chosen to sit out this season.
Hightower, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi, just had a baby this month ... and his mom also has type 2 diabetes.
"Me and my fiancée are just more concerned with the health of our family than football," Hightower said in a statement to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "especially the new addition to our family."
The opt-out is a big blow for the Pats, Hightower recorded 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks for New England last season ... but he's also now one of FIVE Patriots choosing to forego the season.
Pats running back Brandon Bolden and offensive linemen Najee Toran and Marcus Cannon have also joined Hightower and fullback Danny Vitale in sitting out 2020.
There could be more on the way as well ... players still have until the end of this week to make opt-out decisions.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:14 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, yeah they aren't going to compete for the AFC Championship now without Hightower and Chung.

Which makes me wonder. Would these players opting out opt IN if there was a bubble?
If there was a bubble more guys would opt out, you think any dudes with young children or families would be cool leaving for 6 months?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:15 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
Bill tanking the season to try to get Trevor Lawrence?
Absolutely. I know that's what's going on.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If there was a bubble more guys would opt out, you think any dudes with young children or families would be cool leaving for 6 months?
There should be an opportunity to allow people to come into the bubble as long as they quarantine correctly. It would be sacrifice for sure though. There is no reason wife and children couldn't come into the bubble once quarantined although that would be a much bigger obstacle for children.

That is why the answer may be a shorter season. 8 games with playoffs more manageable.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:20 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...king-full-list

That's the list so far, guys like Star Lotulelei are leaving lots of money on the table.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:27 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Absolutely. I know that's what's going on.
Why did they sign Cam then? He’s good enough to keep them from a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 07-28-2020

Sources: #Bears standout DT Eddie Goldman has informed the team he plans to opt out due to health concerns related to COVID-19. Goldman has been a standout in the middle of Chicago’s D since 2015.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 28, 2020

That's a tough one, there are some good players opting out, we're literally 1 or 2 big time QB's opting out away from the conversation of "should there be a season?"
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:31 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why did they sign Cam then? He’s good enough to keep them from a top 10 pick.
He play defense too?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 07-28-2020

That's a tough one, there are some good players opting out, we're literally 1 or 2 big time QB's opting out away from the conversation of "should there be a season?"
:-)

You sure do seem like you’re rooting for that to happen.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:37 AM 07-28-2020
Mark Anderson has diabetes. Cameron Heyward has asthma. Von Miller has asthma and already got it..what if he gets a different strain and goes through this again?

Just ****ing cancel the season. It’s going to watered down shit by the time all these guys opt out. That’s not even counting a single player getting the virus heya be missing time
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

You sure do seem like you’re rooting for that to happen.
It's a realistic conversation to have, more names are coming out pretty consistently of guys not playing.

A big name player, especially a QB would get that talk started.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 07-28-2020
It's a realistic conversation to have, more names are coming out pretty consistently of guys not playing.

A big name player, especially a QB would get that talk started.
Wake me up when a top 100 player opts out.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:44 AM 07-28-2020
The biggest thing here is a lot of them are lineman because overweight guys have a higher chance of having complications, seems they know that.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 07-28-2020
Donta Hightower, Patrick Chung and Marcus Cannon ring a bell? Those guys aren’t JAG’s
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Donta Hightower, Patrick Chung and Marcus Cannon ring a bell? Those guys aren’t JAG’s
Eddie Goldman is one of the better DT's in the league right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

And nowhere close to top 100. Good grief.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up