ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont'a Hightower and 4 other Patriots opt out of 2020 season
Shaid 08:14 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/27/nfl-p...ytZNH04RUDIiaM

Dont'a Hightower -- a 3-time Super Bowl champion and one of the leaders of the Patriots' defense -- has also chosen to sit out this season.
Hightower, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi, just had a baby this month ... and his mom also has type 2 diabetes.
"Me and my fiancée are just more concerned with the health of our family than football," Hightower said in a statement to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "especially the new addition to our family."
The opt-out is a big blow for the Pats, Hightower recorded 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks for New England last season ... but he's also now one of FIVE Patriots choosing to forego the season.
Pats running back Brandon Bolden and offensive linemen Najee Toran and Marcus Cannon have also joined Hightower and fullback Danny Vitale in sitting out 2020.
There could be more on the way as well ... players still have until the end of this week to make opt-out decisions.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:56 AM 07-28-2020
I'd love to see the Pats dynasty collapse. But I still get nervous that they'll find a way to tank just enough for Trevor Lawrence. Want them to suck, but not too much.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:58 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'd love to see the Pats dynasty collapse. But I still get nervous that they'll find a way to tank just enough for Trevor Lawrence. Want them to suck, but not too much.
I expect the Patriots with Newton (or a much better Stidham than we thought he he wins the job) to be one of the Top teams in the AFC. Losing Hightower is huge though, I'll have to knock them down a peg. But if you think they are going 3-13 you are out of your mind.

They could sleep walk to 8-8.
[Reply]
wazu 08:59 AM 07-28-2020
Patriots will win their division this year, as always.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:00 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You're going to see more guys sit, lots of players have made bank and have no reason to risk it.
While they have every right to do so, CTE would be a bigger concern for me if I was a NFL football player and it's not even close.

I'm surprised more COACHES aren't opting out, and surprised PLAYERS are.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 09:17 AM 07-28-2020
Bill tanking the season to try to get Trevor Lawrence?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:22 AM 07-28-2020
Losing for Lawrence
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:23 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
More like if he wasn't a 1st time father of a very young infant, this wouldn't be happening...
At their age they both have a better chance of dying from Influenza B.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:24 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
Bill tanking the season to try to get Trevor Lawrence?
Yea I'm sure guys are just intentionally leaving millions of dollars on the table to lose for a rookie QB, don't buy that either.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:24 AM 07-28-2020
Pats will not win the East
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:26 AM 07-28-2020
After the Pats climbed 8 spots in the NFL power rankings too... I'm curious what that will look like as of next week.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:27 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
At their age they both have a better chance of dying from Influenza B.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these guys who are sitting disagree with you.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:28 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I expect the Patriots with Newton (or a much better Stidham than we thought he he wins the job) to be one of the Top teams in the AFC. Losing Hightower is huge though, I'll have to knock them down a peg. But if you think they are going 3-13 you are out of your mind.

They could sleep walk to 8-8.
Did they get any receivers? Last I checked Edelman was their best one still. To have a #3 or 4 slot receiver Like Edelman be your best receiving option definitely makes you a bottom dweller in this league. Cam doesn’t have the legs anymore to save their lack of offensive weapons. 8-8 is a possibility because they’re in the AFC east, but no one outside the northeast considers them an AFC contender anymore.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:34 AM 07-28-2020
We have Mahomes. We're good!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:34 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these guys who are sitting disagree with you.
:-) doesn't mean they are right. Data is data.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:35 AM 07-28-2020
Add Patrick Chung to the list
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up