ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont'a Hightower and 4 other Patriots opt out of 2020 season
Shaid 08:14 AM 07-28-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/27/nfl-p...ytZNH04RUDIiaM

Dont'a Hightower -- a 3-time Super Bowl champion and one of the leaders of the Patriots' defense -- has also chosen to sit out this season.
Hightower, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi, just had a baby this month ... and his mom also has type 2 diabetes.
"Me and my fiancée are just more concerned with the health of our family than football," Hightower said in a statement to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "especially the new addition to our family."
The opt-out is a big blow for the Pats, Hightower recorded 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks for New England last season ... but he's also now one of FIVE Patriots choosing to forego the season.
Pats running back Brandon Bolden and offensive linemen Najee Toran and Marcus Cannon have also joined Hightower and fullback Danny Vitale in sitting out 2020.
There could be more on the way as well ... players still have until the end of this week to make opt-out decisions.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:35 PM 07-28-2020
Add Green Bay WR Devin Funchess to the list as he has opted out.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:53 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Must. Not. Mention. Public. School. Teachers.

{runs from thread as if on fire}
I'm not sure I get the connection.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:53 PM 07-28-2020
Mecca clearly isn’t rooting for MOAR OPT-OUTS

:-)
[Reply]
Coogs 03:53 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Must. Not. Mention. Public. School. Teachers.

{runs from thread as if on fire}
Wait. Come back. Care to elaborate?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:54 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mecca clearly isn’t rooting for MOAR OPT-OUTS

:-)
I really don't care that much but we might as well know who is choosing to sit. So far it isn't anyone really game changing.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:06 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You mean during the late fall and winter time when these types of viruses are at their most potent. SMH

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
So, tangent time, but... Earlier this year, all we heard was, "Once summer hits and everyone goes outside, the spread of COVID-19 will slow dramatically, but expect a surge when cooler weather returns and everyone goes back indoors." In actuality, I think what we're seeing is the exact opposite. As soon as the weather got hot, and everyone started going back outside, the cases exploded. People are going to beaches, bars, parks, gatherings, et cetera, and even though these are "open air" events it's being spread because people are maskless and getting way too close to each other. I think once the weather cools down we'll see a decrease in cases, because at least when people are indoors they're better at social distancing and mask-wearing.
[Reply]
O.city 04:09 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
So, tangent time, but... Earlier this year, all we heard was, "Once summer hits and everyone goes outside, the spread of COVID-19 will slow dramatically, but expect a surge when cooler weather returns and everyone goes back indoors." In actuality, I think what we're seeing is the exact opposite. As soon as the weather got hot, and everyone started going back outside, the cases exploded. People are going to beaches, bars, parks, gatherings, et cetera, and even though these are "open air" events it's being spread because people are maskless and getting way too close to each other. I think once the weather cools down we'll see a decrease in cases, because at least when people are indoors they're better at social distancing and mask-wearing.
I think it was the opposite. Where it got hot, people went inside in air conditioning.

There haven't been any cases of documented spread at an open air space, from what i've read.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:40 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I really don't care that much but we might as well know who is choosing to sit. So far it isn't anyone really game changing.
I’m just giving you shit.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:03 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
When the panic/hysteria inevitably dies down in October/November and a player wants to return? Too bad.
Dies down? It’s going to be the same risk until a vaccine/treatment comes out
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:49 PM 07-28-2020
Shut everything for 2 years then. Realistic...This thing isn't going away anytime soon
[Reply]
BWillie 09:19 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The NFL should make it clear these players cannot at any point change their minds and opt back in.

Opting out means you are gone in every official capacity from the NFL until at least April 2021.

When the panic/hysteria inevitably dies down in October/November and a player wants to return? Too bad.
I hate to break it to you but the cold and flu season is coming.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:22 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Things aren’t rough, though. They got Cam, who could easily bounce back and be an upgrade over old dead-arm. The Patriots are back to being a possible contender this year. At least they are if they don’t all opt out.
Nah, he hasn't learned to read a defense yet. Poor Josh is going to have to dumb down the playbook for him.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:25 PM 07-28-2020
Week 4:

Chiefs 48, Patriots 3
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:27 PM 07-28-2020
Brady effect indeed.
[Reply]
eDave 12:47 AM 07-29-2020
NFL Executive Believes Bill Belichick Is ‘Masterminding’ Opt-Out Situation With Patriots

Actual text exchange with an NFL executive today after a sixth Patriot opted out:

Him: “You know Bill is masterminding all of this somehow.”

Me: “For what reason?”

Him: “I don’t know! That’s why he is who he is!”

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2020

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/07/...iots-covid-19/
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up